Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Renzo Gracie is a Badass!

Print  
Posted By Message

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:2,668-1,480
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Renzo captures the essence of a potential mugging in NYC on Twitter. Entertaining read for sure:

Story

Post #1   9/7/12 3:05:46PM   

scoozna

Liver shot!

scoozna Avatar

Career:2,202-1,233
Chips:
Add Renzo to the list of thug-thwarters.
Nice beatdown with a social media twist.

Post #2   9/7/12 3:13:20PM   

UFC_Fanatic

In Full Mount

UFC_Fanatic Avatar

Career:1,436-881
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:

Posted by scoozna

So many thug-thwarters running around each year now days, I'm thinking we may need to create a thug-thwarter of the year award for these certifiable badasses on the playground. My vote would go to Renzo for his multi-tasked asswhooping. LL Cool J would be my runner up. Momma said knock you out!

Post #3   9/7/12 4:11:47PM   

scoozna

Liver shot!

scoozna Avatar

Career:2,202-1,233
Chips:

Posted by UFC_Fanatic

Posted by scoozna

So many thug-thwarters running around each year now days, I'm thinking we may need to create a thug-thwarter of the year award for these certifiable badasses on the playground. My vote would go to Renzo for his multi-tasked asswhooping. LL Cool J would be my runner up. Momma said knock you out!

This is a good idea...there was a bunch of threads not too long ago about MMAPG members voting on awards, this is a good one.

Who started all those threads Fleek? Rabi? Cowcatcher? It should be an end-of-year thing where we pick the best/worst of the year.

Post #4   9/7/12 4:55:46PM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:2,668-1,480
Chips:
Haha, that that'd be awesome. We should add that one this year.

Post #5   9/7/12 5:19:04PM   

infestructure

NOW KITH

infestructure Avatar

Career:722-438
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Jon Jones old PR team probably paid his mugger to get caught by him. He needs to catch a rapist or terrorist next time if he wants to wipe his record clean

I was laughing when he said he popped him in the eye sockets while he was out, to give him 'The Raccoon Eyes"

Post #6   9/7/12 5:26:10PM   

BossHog

MMA Regular

BossHog Avatar

Career:52-41
Chips:
How this went down from the "muggers" perspective:

Couple of drunk college kids are walking home from a long bar crawl. They see a figure walking ahead of them.

Matt: Dude, dude!

Joe (drunkenly): What man?

Matt: Look up there. That guy; I think that's Royce Gracie.

Joe: The UFC heavyweight champion?

Matt: Yeah, yeah him. He's like 150-0!

Joe: Holy fuck, are you sure? Let's get an autograph or something.

Matt: Aw man I'm not sure. Let's follow him for a bit and see if we can get a closer look.

The two young men follow the figure for a few blocks. At one point he stops and takes a picture. The pair stop as well; still not sure if the man is who they think he is. Finally the two decide to approach him.

Joe: Well are we going to get an autograph or what?

Matt: I guess. It looks like he's kinda of smiling at us. Maybe he realizes he recognizes him and doesn't mind the attention.

Joe: Dude I don't know...let's ask him for a cigarette or something so you can get a closer look.

Matt: Yeah! Great idea.

The two approach the man. He is smiling as he puts away his cellphone. Matt smiles back politely.

Matt: Hey man, do you think I could bum a cigarette off of you?

....the rest is history.

Post #7   9/7/12 6:01:10PM   

Budgellism

Raptors Fan

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,694-1,543
Chips:
Either Renzo is a crime stopping hero or he's a crazy person that just assaulted 2 people for nothing but asking him for a cigarette. The way I read it this morning I wasn't quite sure how I felt about it and I'm still not sure. Oh well.

Post #8   9/7/12 6:11:16PM   

infestructure

NOW KITH

infestructure Avatar

Career:722-438
Chips:

Posted by Budgellism

Either Renzo is a crime stopping hero or he's a crazy person that just assaulted 2 people for nothing but asking him for a cigarette. The way I read it this morning I wasn't quite sure how I felt about it and I'm still not sure. Oh well.

When you read that article or see the twitter pics yeah, it kinda seems like he did randomly assault two guys who tried to bum a cigarette, especially due to his excitement and broken english.
But when you hear him talk about it on MMAJunkie radio, he tells it in a different way, with the guys being more threatening and winging a punch his way before he dealt to them.

Post #9   9/7/12 8:57:15PM   

BossHog

MMA Regular

BossHog Avatar

Career:52-41
Chips:

Posted by infestructure

Posted by Budgellism

When you read that article or see the twitter pics yeah, it kinda seems like he did randomly assault two guys who tried to bum a cigarette, especially due to his excitement and broken english.
But when you hear him talk about it on MMAJunkie radio, he tells it in a different way, with the guys being more threatening and winging a punch his way before he dealt to them.

Yeah well...that could easily be because he saw a possible lawsuit or even jail time coming his way hahaha

Post #10   9/7/12 10:47:21PM   

SmileR

Buy the ticket, take the ride

SmileR Avatar

Career:1,284-761
Chips:
That is badass!

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

Post #11   9/8/12 9:18:59AM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:1,939-1,156
Chips:
I read about this on Bloody Elbow. Crazy shit. Had it been anyone else not a life long fighter then I would have said run as fast as you can but it was fucking Renzo. The guys had no idea and the best part was that he was talking about it on Twitter and laughing to himself while they thought they had an easy Target. A few oz of blood and a few tears later, they finally figured out they made a bad choice.

Renzo is a stud I'm my book

Post #12   9/8/12 12:15:38PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:1,939-1,156
Chips:

Posted by BossHog

Posted by infestructure

Posted by Budgellism

Yeah well...that could easily be because he saw a possible lawsuit or even jail time coming his way hahaha

If my memory serves me correctly, Renzo has a good relationship with the cops in NY. He used to train them. I'm not saying this to say he could do whatever and get away with it but rather he probably knows the rules in terms of self defense

Post #13   9/8/12 12:18:19PM   

BuffaloDave

Heavyweight Champ

BuffaloDave Avatar

Career:860-491
Chips:

Posted by BossHog

How this went down from the "muggers" perspective:

Couple of drunk college kids are walking home from a long bar crawl. They see a figure walking ahead of them.

Matt: Dude, dude!

Joe (drunkenly): What man?

Matt: Look up there. That guy; I think that's Royce Gracie.

Joe: The UFC heavyweight champion?

Matt: Yeah, yeah him. He's like 150-0!

Joe: Holy fuck, are you sure? Let's get an autograph or something.

Matt: Aw man I'm not sure. Let's follow him for a bit and see if we can get a closer look.

The two young men follow the figure for a few blocks. At one point he stops and takes a picture. The pair stop as well; still not sure if the man is who they think he is. Finally the two decide to approach him.

Joe: Well are we going to get an autograph or what?

Matt: I guess. It looks like he's kinda of smiling at us. Maybe he realizes he recognizes him and doesn't mind the attention.

Joe: Dude I don't know...let's ask him for a cigarette or something so you can get a closer look.

Matt: Yeah! Great idea.

The two approach the man. He is smiling as he puts away his cellphone. Matt smiles back politely.

Matt: Hey man, do you think I could bum a cigarette off of you?

....the rest is history.

KFM had to gave hacked into this account!!!

Love how the muggers used the most over used line in an attempted mugging, "Do you have a cig.?"

Post #14   9/8/12 7:23:11PM