Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

WSOF's Miguel Torres says Twitter account not cause of second UFC parting

Print  
Posted By Message

thevoodooninja

MMA Sensei

thevoodooninja Avatar

Career:1,196-759
Camp: Playground Mafia
Chips:
LINK

Miguel Torres' second release from the UFC immediately brought speculation that the fighter's tweets had again gotten him in trouble.

But Torres (40-5) today told MMAjunkie.com Radio (www.mmajunkie.com/radio) that he's a little smarter than that.

"I thought that was kind of funny that (people would think) I would make the same joke," Torres said. "That's what people want to say, that's what people want to think, (but) I just know that I'm fighting for the World Series of Fighting."

Post #1   9/6/12 3:59:35PM   

scoozna

Annoying since 2007

scoozna Avatar

Career:2,356-1,302
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
He seemed to be dodging the question, I'm not sure I believe him.

Post #2   9/6/12 4:33:24PM   

Wallass

MMA Sensei

Wallass Avatar

Career:2,413-1,434
Camp: Canada's Finest
Chips:
I know Dave Meltzer reported this but Dave says a lot of nonsense and never provided a quote as to what the tweet said or anything. I have to believe that Torres wouldn't make the same mistake twice but its definitely possible. Weird to have been released so long after the fight though.

Post #3   9/6/12 4:54:45PM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:2,952-1,623
Chips:

Posted by Wallass

I know Dave Meltzer reported this but Dave says a lot of nonsense and never provided a quote as to what the tweet said or anything. I have to believe that Torres wouldn't make the same mistake twice but its definitely possible. Weird to have been released so long after the fight though.

We already know that he made the same mistake twice. What's up in the air is whether that's what he got canned for or not.

Post #4   9/6/12 5:06:04PM   

shaneTpain

Av Bet Record: 39-50

shaneTpain Avatar

Career:1,612-1,018
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Man cut Torres some slack! Dudes are driving drunk every weekend & Miguel tweeted some shitty jokes & he gets axed! TWICE!!!

Post #5   9/6/12 8:59:50PM   

scoozna

Annoying since 2007

scoozna Avatar

Career:2,356-1,302
Chips:

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by Wallass

We already know that he made the same mistake twice. What's up in the air is whether that's what he got canned for or not.

Yeah...to be honest, the "no, don't, stop" joke is old and one has to split hairs to say it's not really the same joke as before. I wonder if we'll ever find out why he was let go.

Post #6   9/7/12 10:34:50AM