Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Arlovski Soccer Kicks Tim Sylvia, Bout Ruled No Contest

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:2,045-1,204
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by postman

Posted by Cooler

Posted by bjj1605

That was a great combination from Arlovski that put Timmy down.

When he's on, he looks like one of the best HWs in the world. I've always been a fan of his. I hope he can get a nice win streak going and make one more run in the UFC before his time in this sport is up.

Only problem is.....his damn chin betrays him every time it gets touched

Timmey hit him some good times in that 4th fight, he just can't get hit flush from HW's otherwise he usually goes down but not many other HW's can take too many bombs from big hitters I don't think I need to say that we all know it. See Pat Barry or Kongo or even Cain who doesn't have crap chin but gets dropped by big hitters.

I agree theres really no such thing as a chin in the HW division. You may say Cabage but I have a feeling if JDS would put one on Cabbage in his prime it would have been lights out. AA's problem is he lets ppl back him to the cage then he forgets tol move his head and he gets dropped.

Big Nog used to be known for his chin but that went goodbye

Post #16   9/1/12 7:01:41PM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:746-420
Chips:

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by postman

Posted by Cooler

Posted by bjj1605

That was a great combination from Arlovski that put Timmy down.

When he's on, he looks like one of the best HWs in the world. I've always been a fan of his. I hope he can get a nice win streak going and make one more run in the UFC before his time in this sport is up.

Only problem is.....his damn chin betrays him every time it gets touched

Timmey hit him some good times in that 4th fight, he just can't get hit flush from HW's otherwise he usually goes down but not many other HW's can take too many bombs from big hitters I don't think I need to say that we all know it. See Pat Barry or Kongo or even Cain who doesn't have crap chin but gets dropped by big hitters.

I agree theres really no such thing as a chin in the HW division. You may say Cabage but I have a feeling if JDS would put one on Cabbage in his prime it would have been lights out. AA's problem is he lets ppl back him to the cage then he forgets tol move his head and he gets dropped.

Big Nog used to be known for his chin but that went goodbye

Thats true I just think the boxing we are seeing at HW is much better then before but Nog certinly took his fair share of punishment. Big Nog used to never lose he simply would run out of time.

Post #17   9/1/12 9:39:20PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,550-903
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
I don't think that JDS could have knocked out Cabbage in his prime.....

I think it would have taken a dump truck. That guy was pretty much in-human.

Post #18   9/2/12 3:23:40AM   

armbar66j7

Standup Guy

armbar66j7 Avatar

Career:217-141
Camp: The Underdogs
Chips:

Posted by bootyclause

that fight was entertaining in a bizarre way.

1 - that Brit announcer who I do like: "Arlovski seems to have had some weird dental work done, look at those teeth!"

Jason Chambers the analyst: "actually, that's his mouthpiece."

Brit guy: "aahhhhh"

2 - the ring announcer called him "Tim Silva". Timmay cant get no respect.....

3 - Seemed like Timmay tried to headbutt Andrei but then hurt himself instead in the process. Didnt see the replay on that one.

4 - No one knew what was going on with that obscure rule. Total anarchy from the fighters, announcers, ref, doctors, cameraman (didn't know what to film), cornermen......even Lenny Hardt just started blurting stuff out over the PA. Shimada goes to Tim after a few minutes of recovery and says "you continue?" or something like that.

Tim says " I see two of you!"
Shimada "huh?"
Tim "I see two of you!"
Shimada: "ah, two of you......."

walks away and somehow thinks that means the fight should go on.

Funny. I want to see the 5th fight.

michael schiavella(if thats who your referring too)...i think he has some kind of contract with hdnet...hes hilarious

Post #19   9/2/12 3:40:04AM   

armbar66j7

Standup Guy

armbar66j7 Avatar

Career:217-141
Camp: The Underdogs
Chips:
i dont get it, i mean, they gave it to baroni, but not to andrei, if your gonna make a rule...go through with it 100%, because its bullshit and unfair for fighters that get a KO /TKO win that doesnt count...exspecially when the executed move is patrially allowed

another frustrating example as to why the unified rules of mma should take affect in all of mixed martial arts....soccer kicks cause nothing but problems...except for a couple reallyu awesome curb stomps ive seen...ala mark hunt and shogun

Post #20   9/2/12 3:44:23AM   

moob

In Full Mount

moob Avatar

Career:1,310-870
Chips:

Posted by armbar66j7

Posted by bootyclause

that fight was entertaining in a bizarre way.

1 - that Brit announcer who I do like: "Arlovski seems to have had some weird dental work done, look at those teeth!"

Jason Chambers the analyst: "actually, that's his mouthpiece."

Brit guy: "aahhhhh"

2 - the ring announcer called him "Tim Silva". Timmay cant get no respect.....

3 - Seemed like Timmay tried to headbutt Andrei but then hurt himself instead in the process. Didnt see the replay on that one.

4 - No one knew what was going on with that obscure rule. Total anarchy from the fighters, announcers, ref, doctors, cameraman (didn't know what to film), cornermen......even Lenny Hardt just started blurting stuff out over the PA. Shimada goes to Tim after a few minutes of recovery and says "you continue?" or something like that.

Tim says " I see two of you!"
Shimada "huh?"
Tim "I see two of you!"
Shimada: "ah, two of you......."

walks away and somehow thinks that means the fight should go on.

Funny. I want to see the 5th fight.

michael schiavella(if thats who your referring too)...i think he has some kind of contract with hdnet...hes hilarious

He's Australian

Post #21   9/2/12 6:38:15AM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2