Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Ultimate Fighter 16 Sidegame

Print  
  Page 8 of 10   <<   5     6     7     8     9     10  
Posted By Message

Rabi

Heavyweight Champ

Rabi Avatar

Career:1,883-1,113
Camp: MMA Worldwide
Chips:
shane, when you stop being like you fellow Canadians on TUF and do your updates can you post the QF matchups please

Post #106   11/11/12 2:20:25PM   

shaneTpain

Av Bet Record: 34-45

shaneTpain Avatar

Career:1,378-886
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
your right Rab, i gotta get my mind right. this show just pulls on my heart strings sometimes

so after a less-then-stellar start to the season the tuf 16 tourney is shaping up .
dana obviously said "fuck it" & threw the team vs team rule out the window & set up what look to be the most intriguing match ups stylistically for the QFs.

Team Carwin's Bristol Marunde(infestructure) vs. Team Carwin's Neil Magny(Rabi)

Team Carwin's Igor Araujo(Twenty20Dollars) vs. Team Nelson's Colton Smith (JJeans)

Team Nelson's Joey Rivera(Pmoney) vs. Team Nelson's Jon Manley(Bubbles)

Team Carwin's Mike Ricci(Franklinfan47) vs. Team Nelson's Michael Hill(shaneTpain)

goodluck to you all! except Franklinfan47

Post #107   11/11/12 3:11:27PM   

Rabi

Heavyweight Champ

Rabi Avatar

Chips:
My predictions are

1. Bristol
2. Colton
3. Jon
4. Ricci

Post #108   11/11/12 3:18:45PM   

jjeans

Emma Watson Picture Incoming

jjeans Avatar

Career:1,133-678
Chips:
I swear at one point it looked like Hill was fighting Colton in one of the early previews... Maybe that's a semifinal matchup....

Me and DCRageless have been saying that all season, specially as his fave cast members been Hill (and Ricci) so my favourite v his fave could be on the cards in the Semi's

Ricci should be able to dominate Hill though

Thiago Silva nuthugger.

Admin of MMA Memes of Facebook. A Roundtable Analyst on The MMA Podcast. Journalist for MMA Mental.

Dirty Blue #DoItForWatson

Post #109   11/12/12 6:39:07PM   

Franklinfan47

Gettin Paper!

Franklinfan47 Avatar

Career:2,568-1,403
Chips:
Sorry Ray and Jay but to quote a future winner from tonight:

"I am not impressed by your performance".

Post #110   11/17/12 4:15:31PM   

JLS1980

Jinh Yu

JLS1980 Avatar

Career:1,183-631
Chips:

Posted by Rabi

My predictions are

1. Bristol
2. Colton
3. Jon
4. Ricci

I like your predictions Rabi. I think the toughest matchup of this round is Jon Manley vs Joey Rivera.
Both impressed me big time the first round, especially Rivera beating the #1 pick Sam Alvey in pretty dominant fashion.

Post #111   11/17/12 5:24:00PM   

Rabi

Heavyweight Champ

Rabi Avatar

Chips:

Posted by JLS1980

Posted by Rabi

My predictions are

1. Bristol
2. Colton
3. Jon
4. Ricci

I like your predictions Rabi. I think the toughest matchup of this round is Jon Manley vs Joey Rivera.
Both impressed me big time the first round, especially Rivera beating the #1 pick Sam Alvey in pretty dominant fashion.

I got Colton right, but Neil beat Bristol pretty comfortably, Neil was to technical for Bristol who lloked to one dimensional and very sloppy.

AS for what FF said, I wasnt that impressed with Neil but I thought Colton looked great, he is one of my favourite fighters on the show, hope he makes the finale.

Post #112   11/17/12 5:42:07PM   

JLS1980

Jinh Yu

JLS1980 Avatar

Career:1,183-631
Chips:

Posted by Rabi

Posted by JLS1980

Posted by Rabi

My predictions are

1. Bristol
2. Colton
3. Jon
4. Ricci

I got Colton right, but Neil beat Bristol pretty comfortably, Neil was to technical for Bristol who lloked to one dimensional and very sloppy.

AS for what FF said, I wasnt that impressed with Neil but I thought Colton looked great, he is one of my favourite fighters on the show, hope he makes the finale.

I watched TUF last night, 2 days late. Colton beat Igor easily. I'm glad he did because I didn't like the way Igor handled himself.
He cried like a baby about his family, no big deal. But what ticked me right off was when him and Colton squared off. Igor crossed the line when he pushed Colton and then tried kicking him. Glad to see him get beat.
Neil surprised me with his win. I thought for sure Bristol would be too much for him and just use his strength advantage and just take Neil down. I was wrong.

Post #113   11/19/12 11:02:59AM   

jjeans

Emma Watson Picture Incoming

jjeans Avatar

Career:1,133-678
Chips:
Glad Colton won

I see no way Hill beats Ricci but the promo showed them squaring off

I'm so confused

Thiago Silva nuthugger.

Admin of MMA Memes of Facebook. A Roundtable Analyst on The MMA Podcast. Journalist for MMA Mental.

Dirty Blue #DoItForWatson

Post #114   11/19/12 12:52:55PM   

shaneTpain

shaneTpain Avatar

Chips:
Team Carwin's Neil Magny(Rabi) defeats Team Carwin's Bristol Marunde(infestructure) via UD

Team Nelson's Colton Smith (JJeans) defeats Team Carwin's Igor Araujo(Twenty20Dollars) via UD

Congrates to those crazy Brits JJeans & Rabi for advancing to the semi'\s

NEXT WEEK

Team Nelson's Joey Rivera(Pmoney) vs. Team Nelson's Jon Manley(Bubbles)

Team Carwin's Mike Ricci(Franklinfan47) vs. Team Nelson's Michael Hill(shaneTpain)

Last edited 11/19/12 9:44PM server time by ShaneTpain
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #115   11/19/12 9:43:04PM   

Franklinfan47

Gettin Paper!

Franklinfan47 Avatar

Career:2,568-1,403
Chips:
The only thing sweeter than dominating ShaneTpain?

Getting to dominate Ray next week

War Ricci

Post #116   12/1/12 1:24:59PM   

Rabi

Heavyweight Champ

Rabi Avatar

Chips:
I hope Colton wins the whole show, he has been the best fighter to watch this season IMO.

Post #117   12/1/12 7:20:41PM   

shaneTpain

shaneTpain Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Rabi

I hope Colton wins the whole show, he has been the best fighter to watch this season IMO.

Hellllssss NO Rab! Colton has been an ultimate douche this season as well as every other fighter on the show. I just finished the latest episode & I am embarrassed to be a TUF fan right now. Just when you think the fights couldnt get any worse... Bubbles John Manley holds P$'s Joey Rivera against the fence for 10 minutes & FF47's metrosexual Mike Ricci cuddles my pick Mike Hill for the UD.

The semi's are
Team Carwin's Neil Magny(Rabi) vs. Team Nelson's Colton Smith (JJeans)
Team Nelson's Jon Manley(Bubbles) vs. Team Carwin's Mike Ricci(Franklinfan47)

or something like that... wasn't really paying attention. the whole episode actually was playing on my laptop while I played some BlackOps2!!! something I did notice was the voice over guy ended the preview of next weeks episode with "one things for certain... THERE WILL BE A KNOCK OUT!!!!" haha yeah right! I won't believe it til I see it. Did someone tell the fighters there was a no-finishes rule in this tourney or what? I am excited for next weeks episode because it will be the last episode!!!! FINALLY!! Worst TUF ever. ONLY Tuf where the fighters weren't called back for prelim fights. Now whats that tellin' ya! Theres only one way to fix this show.. another COMEBACK SEASON!!! Remember when Matt Serra came back & KO'd GSP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES THAT HAPPENED!!!! TUF at its BEST! /rant over

Post #118   12/2/12 1:43:22PM   

Budgellism

Raptors Fan

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,730-1,561
Chips:

Posted by shaneTpain

Posted by Rabi

Hellllssss NO Rab! Colton has been an ultimate douche this season as well as every other fighter on the show. I just finished the latest episode & I am embarrassed to be a TUF fan right now. Just when you think the fights couldnt get any worse... Bubbles John Manley holds P$'s Joey Rivera against the fence for 10 minutes & FF47's metrosexual Mike Ricci cuddles my pick Mike Hill for the UD.

The semi's are
Team Carwin's Neil Magny(Rabi) vs. Team Nelson's Colton Smith (JJeans)
Team Nelson's Jon Manley(Bubbles) vs. Team Carwin's Mike Ricci(Franklinfan47)

or something like that... wasn't really paying attention. the whole episode actually was playing on my laptop while I played some BlackOps2!!! something I did notice was the voice over guy ended the preview of next weeks episode with "one things for certain... THERE WILL BE A KNOCK OUT!!!!" haha yeah right! I won't believe it til I see it. Did someone tell the fighters there was a no-finishes rule in this tourney or what? I am excited for next weeks episode because it will be the last episode!!!! FINALLY!! Worst TUF ever. ONLY Tuf where the fighters weren't called back for prelim fights. Now whats that tellin' ya! Theres only one way to fix this show.. another COMEBACK SEASON!!! Remember when Matt Serra came back & KO'd GSP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES THAT HAPPENED!!!! TUF at its BEST! /rant over

I stopped watching 5 or 6 episodes ago but I've been reading the results on junkie and I have literally heard nothing good about this show. Not once. Every fight has been terrible apparently and judging by this post I guess I'm correct. Even the discussion threads for each show has been narrowed down to 5 or 6 posts. A few seasons ago they were at 30-50 posts.

I would love to see another comeback TUF. That would be awesome. There are tons of fighters that they could get to do it as well. There's no need to promise a title shot to the winner but how about a number 1 contender fight or something? The comeback season of TUF changed Matt Serra and Chris Lytle's careers. Complete 180s.

Last edited 12/2/12 1:59PM server time by budgellism
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #119   12/2/12 1:57:54PM   

Rabi

Heavyweight Champ

Rabi Avatar

Chips:
Ive enjoyed the season, i always do, also you got the fights wrong, Manley is fighting Colton and Magney is fighting Ricci.

Post #120   12/2/12 3:23:13PM   

Page 8 of 10   <<   5     6     7     8     9     10