Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

USA TODAY: Frankie Edgar replaces Erik Koch, meets champ Jose Aldo at UFC 153

Print  
  Page 4 of 5     1     2     3     4     5  
Posted By Message

Boo_Radley21

Heavyweight Champ

Boo_Radley21 Avatar

Career:605-425
Chips:
I guess I like this. Edgar at LW was more fun though. He'll take this one by close decision as usual

Post #46   8/31/12 4:44:37PM   

Budgellism

Randy

Budgellism Avatar

Career:3,051-1,734
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by Franklinfan47

I dont know how people can be disapointed by this replacement. Im much more excited for this fight, no offense to Koch.

If you consider the fact that Edgar arguably beat Bendo, this is an unofficial super fight

That's how I'm looking at it

Not to mention Edgar is one of my favourite fighters and this is a fight people have wanted for a while now. KZ is out right now and Edgar is coming in on short notice. I don't understand how anyone could be disappointed in this. The fight is only a month and a half away. This is literally the best thing they could have done.

Post #47   8/31/12 4:46:51PM   

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Career:1,714-979
Chips:

Posted by Boo_Radley21

He'll take this one by close decision as usual

he didnt win his last 3 that went to decision

Post #48   8/31/12 5:11:03PM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

Injuries are slowly killing my interest in MMA.

i really hate that for you.

But, it's true. There are just so many injuries happening now.

Post #49   8/31/12 5:15:15PM   

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Injuries are slowly killing my interest in MMA.

i really hate that for you.

But, it's true. There are just so many injuries happening now.

there are a lot of injuries, but they aren't killing my interest in the sport.

i would have understood it if you were saying Hendo's injury was killing your interest bc it led to a tailspin that ruined an entire card. This is the exact opposite. this is an injury that led to us getting a dream matchup for many people.

similar scenario:

If Anderson was set to fight Weidman for the MW title & Weidman got hurt & they announced that they had set Rashad Evans as a replacement, I'd be tickled as shit. I wouldn't be worried about Rashad not earning the shot. I'd be happy as hell we get to see 2 arguable top 10 P4P guys go at it!!!!!

Post #50   8/31/12 6:00:40PM   

Cooler

Banned for Cheating

Cooler Avatar

Career:886-472
Camp: The Evolutionaries
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

That's crap.

A big slap in the face to everyone else who's been fighting at FW.

so has the judging for LW title fights

He lost the first Bendo fight on my scorecard and all 3 judges and you can't pitter patter your way to a decision hoping you win on points. Frankie screws himself over not trying to finish fights more, ala the 2nd gray fight which was a draw, the two title fights with bendo and even the first fight with BJ which I had him losing to BJ as well.

Post #51   8/31/12 6:07:19PM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
I want to see the best fights, though. And the injuries are preventing that even more these days. It's irratating.

Not much of a dream fight for me. Last Edgar/Hendo fight was nothing special. It's probably just me, but I've been seeing Edgar too much with all the title rematches.

Post #52   8/31/12 7:00:33PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,626-950
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
I'm surprised people have a problem with this fight.

Edgar is obviously one of the best fighters in the sport and he hasn't been REALLY beaten. I thought he lost both of the Bendo fights, but they were competitive. It's not like he got dominated or finished and many people thought he won (though I didn't.)

Whether you think he earned it or not, you have to admit this looks to be an exciting match-up.

Post #53   9/1/12 4:07:38AM   

kingsmasher

BANNED

Career:258-155
Chips:

Posted by BuffaloDave

Posted by kingsmasher

Lets be honest here first....

People here act like Aldo has some one punch power...He does not IMO....He does wear you down..

What are you being honest about??? That your MMAmath and opinions make people's had spin?

Reason people act like Aldo has punching power, is maybe out of his 21 wins 13 came via KO/TKO.

Who were those KOs against? He finished Mendes and who else? Mike Brown who barely beat Nam Phan...

Post #54   9/1/12 7:58:34AM   

kingsmasher

BANNED

Chips:

Posted by bjj1605

I'm surprised people have a problem with this fight.

Edgar is obviously one of the best fighters in the sport and he hasn't been REALLY beaten. I thought he lost both of the Bendo fights, but they were competitive. It's not like he got dominated or finished and many people thought he won (though I didn't.)

Whether you think he earned it or not, you have to admit this looks to be an exciting match-up.

U are in the small minority if you think Edgar lost that last fight...

Post #55   9/1/12 7:59:35AM   

BuffaloDave

Heavyweight Champ

BuffaloDave Avatar

Career:947-534
Chips:

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by BuffaloDave

Posted by kingsmasher

People here act like Aldo has some one punch power...He does not IMO....He does wear you down..

What are you being honest about??? That your MMAmath and opinions make people's had spin?

Reason people act like Aldo has punching power, is maybe out of his 21 wins 13 came via KO/TKO.

Who were those KOs against? He finished Mendes and who else? Mike Brown who barely beat Nam Phan...

Now it seems you want to question the quality of opponents he has KO'd, anyhow here are the people he KO'd,

Mendes, Manny Gamburyan, Mike Brown, Cub Swanson, Chris Mickle, Rolando Perez, Jonathon Brookins, Alexandre Nog, Micky Young, Phil Harris, Aritano Barbosa, Hudson Rocha, Mario Bigola.

Does it really matter, he might not have Ko'd everyone? Look at some of the people he took to decision, Remember Faber's leg?? Ken-Flo another guy who is hard to finish, Homminck fight was one of the only fights Aldo didn't look great in, and he still won that fight convincingly.

Post #56   9/1/12 12:16:14PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,626-950
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by kingsmasher

Nope. Go back and look at the threads and polls about that fight.

Pretty even split actually.

Post #57   9/1/12 2:32:27PM   

kingsmasher

BANNED

Chips:

Posted by BuffaloDave

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by BuffaloDave

Posted by kingsmasher

Now it seems you want to question the quality of opponents he has KO'd, anyhow here are the people he KO'd,

Mendes, Manny Gamburyan, Mike Brown, Cub Swanson, Chris Mickle, Rolando Perez, Jonathon Brookins, Alexandre Nog, Micky Young, Phil Harris, Aritano Barbosa, Hudson Rocha, Mario Bigola.

Does it really matter, he might not have Ko'd everyone? Look at some of the people he took to decision, Remember Faber's leg?? Ken-Flo another guy who is hard to finish, Homminck fight was one of the only fights Aldo didn't look great in, and he still won that fight convincingly.

I really am judging Aldo based on the opponents gameplans....Faber had the worst gameplan in history but Aldo was unknown but Faber would do it again....

For a smart fighter like Florian Aldo was hardly dynamic and Kenny plain cant wrestle....Edgar is very very smart and has the best movement and boxing of any fighter.....Answer me this...When is the last time you saw a brazilian being able to actually be a good boxer?

Technique will beat Aldos speed especially with Edgar and the wrestling threat...

Post #58   9/1/12 4:21:59PM   

kingsmasher

BANNED

Chips:

Posted by bjj1605

Posted by kingsmasher

Nope. Go back and look at the threads and polls about that fight.

Pretty even split actually.

LMAO all the pundits said bad call and my gf who watched the fight picked Henderson in the beginning to win and is not a fan thought Edgar won...Best way to really judge a fight on who actually won is ask somoene who doesnt care about MMA and who watched the fight...

I guess you think Diego really beat Kampmann?

Post #59   9/1/12 4:23:53PM   

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Chips:

Posted by kingsmasher

Best way to really judge a fight on who actually won is ask somoene who doesnt care about MMA

Last edited 9/1/12 4:58PM server time by Poor_Franklin
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #60   9/1/12 4:57:30PM   

Page 4 of 5     1     2     3     4     5