Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

MMA Apparel

Print  
Posted By Message

GettinsomeBas

MMA Regular

GettinsomeBas Avatar

Career:610-389
Camp: Zulu Fight Team
Chips:
Whats a good website to buy MMA clothing ...not gear or equipment, looking more for fighter walk out tees and the like

Post #1   8/30/12 3:47:43PM   

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Career:1,424-810
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
i like Dethrone shirts myself

UFC 151: Never Forget

Post #2   8/30/12 4:25:06PM   

bojangalz

The Original Playground Bully

bojangalz Avatar

Career:1,553-840
Chips:
ugh...

You don't really want to be "that guy" do you? MMA apparel on the whole looks completely retarded. Nothing but a bunch of skulls, whips, and chains (and a rediculous amount of Fleur-de-lis for reasons unknown to man).

do yourself a favor and ebay an IFL jersey. Those who know, will know. Those who don't will just think it's a shitty local ABA team or something. Either way you won't look "TAPOUT strong" or give anyone the impression that you "train UFC".

Cheaper than you average affliction shirt too.

Last edited 8/30/12 6:53PM server time by bojangalz
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #3   8/30/12 6:52:17PM   

twodragunns

Learning to Sprawl

twodragunns Avatar

Career:1,488-778
Chips:
Nice tank Bo ...... price is right too. I have more than 80 mma shirts, many of which will never be worn as I collect unique and hard to find mma tee's and various apparel. The shirts I used to wear don't get worn anymore as i now think wearing mma shirts out for casual wear is kinda gay (except for training).
I do have some really nice collectable pit shirts of all kinds though and some of them were expensive and hard as hell to find. I do like wearing my mma playground Bullies shirts though as they're really comfy and fit nice.
Gonna go order one of them tankers Bo.

Last edited 8/30/12 7:43PM server time by twodragunns
2 total post edits

Post #4   8/30/12 7:41:21PM   

bojangalz

The Original Playground Bully

bojangalz Avatar

Career:1,553-840
Chips:
Yes, yes. The ONLY MMA t-shirt you can wear without being mocked and scowled into submission:

Post #5   8/30/12 8:19:58PM   

Gogoplatapus

MMA Sensei

Gogoplatapus Avatar

Career:894-595
Camp: West Coast Canada
Chips:
Wand fight team stuff is pretty clean. Cool logo, not loud and I think most MMA fans would respect that.

Side story - Randomly acquired a UFC shirt, not sure if crushedbacon meant to give it to me or was an accident....anyway, I think it came from the fight club membership.

So this shirt has been kicking it in my closet for a year. Getting ready for my first BJJ class I'm looking for a 'disposable' shirt and throw it on. Almost out the door and I think to myself how much of DB I'd look like showing up to BJJ in a UFC shirt.

Haven't worn it since, probably never will.

Post #6   8/30/12 8:50:03PM   

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Career:1,277-785
Chips:
THIS IS FOR JON JONES' 20 kids out of wedlock.......

Image Attachment(s):

Photo Attachment 1

Last edited 9/1/12 12:56AM server time by chael_sonnen

Post #7   9/1/12 12:55:40AM   

warglory

Heavyweight Champ

warglory Avatar

Career:535-344
Chips:
I think the only apparel I'd wear/collect would be event shirts. Usually they are one of a kind, and not completely gawdy looking.

Post #8   9/1/12 9:30:44AM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:1,007-579
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by Poor_Franklin

i like Dethrone shirts myself

For the most part, these are the only shirts I have for the weekend. They are super comfortable, they fit perfectly, and they're usually pretty cool without being over the top or covered in glitter or sparklemotion like Silver Star. There are plenty of walk out shirts from them as well, and compared the $40 Xtreme Couture shirts I've seen, very reasonably priced. Finally, the concept of Dethrone is sweet.

Post #9   9/2/12 12:31:39PM   

Adrenaline

MMA Sensei

Adrenaline Avatar

Career:-
Chips:
The only thing worse than MMA shirts are people who complain about them. Sure they are generally completely rediculous, over priced, and tend to be worn by drunken tough guys everywhere but MMA apparel companies have been sponsoring fighters since the birth of the sport and by discouraging people from buying them you are discouraging said apparel compainies from sponsoring fighters. I wouldn't be caught dead in a tapout shirt these days but I can respect how many fighters they have and continue to sponsor and that was made possible by "that guy" buying a lot of tapout gear. It's not for everyone but I don't knock anyone who wants to buy it.

Post #10   9/3/12 1:13:24AM   

PhilBrito

Learning to Sprawl

Career:9-5
Chips:

Posted by bojangalz

ugh...

You don't really want to be "that guy" do you? MMA apparel on the whole looks completely retarded. Nothing but a bunch of skulls, whips, and chains (and a rediculous amount of Fleur-de-lis for reasons unknown to man).

do yourself a favor and ebay an IFL jersey. Those who know, will know. Those who don't will just think it's a shitty local ABA team or something. Either way you won't look "TAPOUT strong" or give anyone the impression that you "train UFC".

Cheaper than you average affliction shirt too.

He specifically said walk out tees.

Post #11   9/3/12 10:03:14PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,496-876
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by bojangalz

Yes, yes. The ONLY MMA t-shirt you can wear without being mocked and scowled into submission:

I still have mine even though you guys booted me from the camp.

I also have an IFL shirt but it shrank way to much for me to wear it now.

Post #12   9/18/12 4:49:14PM