Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Jon Jones Asked Dana White To Have Chael Sonnen Stop Calling Him Out

Print  
  Page 4 of 4     1     2     3     4  
Posted By Message

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:2,146-1,245
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by MALICE

Posted by bootyclause

and one other thing, let's not pretend like the 95% white middle American fan base doesn't have a little bit of bias in all this.

Jones did nothing wrong, this is crap.

You lost all credibility with this post.

yes, yes he did

Post #46   8/30/12 11:17:20AM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,626-950
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Did you guys even bother to read the second part of the article??

About a week before this all went down, he went on a radio show and talked about how Chael was undeserving of the fight coming off the loss to Anderson Silva, and that he was disrespectful and not the type of person he'd want to give a title shot to anyway. The host noted that Chael wouldn't be able to take Bones down, and unlike Henderson, also a wrestler, he didn't possess the power punch standing and wasn't a finisher. The host told Jones to take the paycheck and shut the guy up. At that point Jones said yes, you're right, I'll fight Chael any time, any where.

No one has mentioned this.

That's just as bad as asking Dana to defend him. He basically said he would fight Chael Sonnen if it came down to it. Then when he was faced with the decision, he backed out.

I do agree with Dancing Doll though. From this article, we can't tell whether or not the information is credible. The article cites "The Wrestling Observer" but doesn't mention where that magazine originally got the information.

I looked on the Wresting Observer's website but you can't read the article without a subscription and the headline doesn't say where the information came from.

We can probably assume it wasn't Dana White though based on the sentence structure: "Jones was very upset after Chael began calling him out and mocking him on Twitter, going as far as to contact White and ask him to tell Chael to stop". I doubt Dana has started talking in the 3rd person.

If this is true its obviously awful, like everyone has said. But shame on everyone for not taking the time to check the validity of the information and especially shame on Bloodyelbow for not telling us who the source was in the story.

Post #47   8/30/12 12:24:02PM   

fullerene

MMA Sensei

fullerene Avatar

Career:1,582-968
Camp: War Room Warriors
Chips:
Jones hasn't had a good run lately from a PR standpoint and I definitely don't agree with his choices in several instances. But...he is a young guy having the world thrown at him and that pressure gets worse when you get a surprise (fight cancelled on short notice) or have a clever, more experienced colleague suddenly start to ridicule you in public. It seems like his last couple of mistakes were cases of going to the "adults" who were guiding his career (Greg Jackson and Dana White) and asking them to help him out with his problems. That doesn't show a lot of maturity, but given his age and the spotlight that is on him maybe we shouldn't expect that much maturity out of him.

Post #48   8/30/12 1:54:42PM   

deck15

MMA Regular

Career:481-348
Chips:

Posted by bootyclause

Also, all these fans that are overwhelmingly anti-Jones - what exactly is your justification for thinking Chael even has the right to call out champions in other weight classes when he has done nothing to prove he deserves it at all?

I just find the state of the sport so sad when a guy like gustaffson has to pay his dues and now has to throw down with Shogun or Texeira finally gets into the US and is lined up with Rampage while a guy like Chael just does a corny WWE shtick and has the president of the company demanding one of his best fighters to give him a title shot on a week's notice.

Dana helped grow the sport....now he is badly damaging it.

Can you please stop watching MMA or atleast stop coming on mma boards you have no clue from the post I've seen from you.

Post #49   8/30/12 1:57:07PM   

meier

Standup Guy

meier Avatar

Career:453-438
Chips:
Tis the season for chaos and confusion

Post #50   8/30/12 2:14:32PM   

mrsmiley

Heavyweight Champ

mrsmiley Avatar

Career:1,572-930
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
Just crazy. On paper,just looking at his record Jones has accomplished an insane amount. In theory he's almost a living legend,yet the reality is this guy is killing his career without a single loss on his record. A first as far as my memory serves me.

The nike sponsorship is huge but it seems strange to me. I mean it's not like you wear shoes inside the octagon anymore. ............Just a thought I had to type. Feel free to forget it)

Post #51   8/30/12 2:19:16PM   

Franklinfan47

Simply The Best

Franklinfan47 Avatar

Career:2,693-1,472
Chips:

Why dont you just pay him to stop Jones? Since your so awesome and rich.

Post #52   8/30/12 2:45:24PM   

infestructure

NOW KITH

infestructure Avatar

Career:734-445
Chips:

Posted by bootyclause

and one other thing, let's not pretend like the 95% white middle American fan base doesn't have a little bit of bias in all this.

Jones did nothing wrong, this is crap.

Yes because we are all racist rednecks That is BS
maybe Hymiekooken (jokes), but shit buddy I've never seen a less racist bunch of people than on this site

You need to think a little more before you post. Or don't post at all. I couldn't care less either way really, as long as we don't see that shite you have been spouting.

Bias because he's black. Coming from a site where half the fan favorite top ten are black or brazilian. BTW, how the FUCK is Jon Jones still 2nd on the fan favorite list? get him off there people - he's BLACK!

Post #53   8/30/12 2:53:53PM   

meier

Standup Guy

meier Avatar

Chips:
This thing about jj and what he did is already old news. We should be talking about how chael sonnen is one day going to hold belts in all weight classes! Boo-yah!

Post #54   8/30/12 4:00:45PM   

State_Champ

MMA Sensei

State_Champ Avatar

Career:1,555-917
Camp: The Evil Empire
Chips:

Posted by Budgellism

My god, does this guy even want fans or sponsors? This makes him look like a child.

I'm a huge fan. In my opinion, he is easily one of the most interesting fighters to watch.

For example, the beating Bones put on Shogun is a treasured memory of mine. This not because I dislike Shogun, but because Shogun is VERY skilled and EXTREMELY tough, but Jones dismantled him utterly.

Post #55   8/30/12 4:15:37PM   

Manak

Belt Contender

Manak Avatar

Career:164-106
Camp: UFC-PRIDE-MMA
Chips:

Posted by fullerene

Jones hasn't had a good run lately from a PR standpoint and I definitely don't agree with his choices in several instances. But...he is a young guy having the world thrown at him and that pressure gets worse when you get a surprise (fight cancelled on short notice) or have a clever, more experienced colleague suddenly start to ridicule you in public. It seems like his last couple of mistakes were cases of going to the "adults" who were guiding his career (Greg Jackson and Dana White) and asking them to help him out with his problems. That doesn't show a lot of maturity, but given his age and the spotlight that is on him maybe we shouldn't expect that much maturity out of him.

at 1st i used to think that way about being young and in the spotlight but not anymore. we live in a social media age where everything is out there, you see things like this happening all around and seeing guys screw up so i don't give ppl the who well he is new, bullshit. do ppl now just choose to not learn form other ppl's mistakes before they put their foot in their mouth.

at 18 yrs old you can enlist and die for country so this notion of pro athletes still being young and novice should not be an argument since these guys from their young have seen hundreds before go through shit like this. just cause you are 24 and a millionaire doesn't give a pass or at least shouldn't, time to be an adult not an oversized baby

Post #56   8/30/12 4:40:28PM   

meier

Standup Guy

meier Avatar

Chips:
JJ should hire tony robbins as his pr guy

Post #57   8/30/12 5:45:14PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,153-681
Chips:

I dont think Jones can do anything to win me as a fan....well maybe have him donate his entire pay from 152 to me would work

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #58   8/30/12 8:17:53PM   

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Career:1,277-785
Chips:

Posted by State_Champ

Posted by Budgellism

My god, does this guy even want fans or sponsors? This makes him look like a child.

I'm a huge fan. In my opinion, he is easily one of the most interesting fighters to watch.

For example, the beating Bones put on Shogun is a treasured memory of mine. This not because I dislike Shogun, but because Shogun is VERY skilled and EXTREMELY tough, but Jones dismantled him utterly.

I'm a huge fan.

I'm sorry to hear that....you have my sympathies.

he is easily one of the most interesting fighters to watch.

Again, very, very sorry for your loss.

Post #59   8/30/12 10:45:48PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,626-950
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by fullerene

Props.

This is the most reasonable defense of JJ I've seen so far.

I'm not sure I totally agree with you, but you added a new dimension to my thinking and that deserves props.

Last edited 9/1/12 3:51AM server time by bjj1605
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #60   9/1/12 3:51:15AM   

Page 4 of 4     1     2     3     4