Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Jon Jones Asked Dana White To Have Chael Sonnen Stop Calling Him Out

Print  
  Page 2 of 4     1     2     3     4  
Posted By Message

Cooler

Banned for Cheating

Cooler Avatar

Career:886-472
Camp: The Evolutionaries
Chips:
Haha Jon, cmon, you should've told Chael that with your fists in the cage...buttttttt you ducked him... so... cry us a river bud

Post #16   8/29/12 9:08:41PM   

bootyclause

MMA Regular

Career:1,044-777
Chips:
Also, all these fans that are overwhelmingly anti-Jones - what exactly is your justification for thinking Chael even has the right to call out champions in other weight classes when he has done nothing to prove he deserves it at all?

I just find the state of the sport so sad when a guy like gustaffson has to pay his dues and now has to throw down with Shogun or Texeira finally gets into the US and is lined up with Rampage while a guy like Chael just does a corny WWE shtick and has the president of the company demanding one of his best fighters to give him a title shot on a week's notice.

Dana helped grow the sport....now he is badly damaging it.

Post #17   8/29/12 9:13:41PM   

bootyclause

MMA Regular

Career:1,044-777
Chips:
and one other thing, let's not pretend like the 95% white middle American fan base doesn't have a little bit of bias in all this.

Jones did nothing wrong, this is crap.

Post #18   8/29/12 9:15:22PM   

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,937-1,077
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by bootyclause

and one other thing, let's not pretend like the 95% white middle American fan base doesn't have a little bit of bias in all this.

You can't be serious.

Post #19   8/29/12 9:17:28PM   

MALICE

MMA Sensei

MALICE Avatar

Career:698-340
Chips:

Posted by bootyclause

You lost all credibility with this post.

Post #20   8/29/12 9:21:46PM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:2,331-1,251
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
I don't think this has anything to do with race. Many people were pissed that Jones didn't take the fight short notice. People also have a problem with Jon's arrogance. I personally am not one of them. I backed Jones for not taking the fight, and I have always liked him. I agree that Chael doesn't deserve a crack at Jones, and the only way it might happen soon, is if he calls him out, and does his name calling. I'm sure Jon understands this.

Now, I do enjoy Chael's antics, and although there is a touch of WWE, I don't mind. Jones needs to grow up here. I have backed him through most of his career, dui included. It just sounds childish to ask Dana to put a muzzle on Sonnen.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #21   8/29/12 9:27:03PM   

Cooler

Banned for Cheating

Cooler Avatar

Career:886-472
Camp: The Evolutionaries
Chips:

Posted by bootyclause

The two main African American guys on youtube that do MMA predictions (BetMMA and entertheareanus) all called Jones a ducking 'so and so'.

Post #22   8/29/12 9:33:20PM   

Shawn91111

The MMAPlayground's Co-Creator

Shawn91111 Avatar

Career:2,857-1,481
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by bootyclause

Also, all these fans that are overwhelmingly anti-Jones - what exactly is your justification for thinking Chael even has the right to call out champions in other weight classes when he has done nothing to prove he deserves it at all?

I just find the state of the sport so sad when a guy like gustaffson has to pay his dues and now has to throw down with Shogun or Texeira finally gets into the US and is lined up with Rampage while a guy like Chael just does a corny WWE shtick and has the president of the company demanding one of his best fighters to give him a title shot on a week's notice.

Dana helped grow the sport....now he is badly damaging it.

You do realize that its a business right? You do realize they need to sell seats and ppv buys right?

What right does Chael have? He has that right under the freedom of speech, just like any other fighter in the UFC.

Post #23   8/29/12 9:40:00PM   

meier

Standup Guy

meier Avatar

Career:453-438
Chips:
Well this is fact... jones will fight belfort...as for the jj fans and chael calling out jones...get over it. we all know that eddie sanchez deserved this fight more than anybody(thats the real travesty here)

Post #24   8/29/12 9:44:45PM   

MALICE

MMA Sensei

MALICE Avatar

Career:698-340
Chips:

Posted by bootyclause

Jones had a choice. He made his choice. The choice he made was not wrong, but it was widely unpopular and rejected by the public. Jones' choice was partially responsible for the cancellation of an entire event. Add that to all of his recent comments and actions and it is only logical to question his character.

Post #25   8/29/12 9:52:22PM   

thevoodooninja

MMA Sensei

thevoodooninja Avatar

Career:1,196-759
Camp: Playground Mafia
Chips:
i have a feeling bootyclause is JJ in disguise.

Post #26   8/29/12 10:22:09PM   

backalley101

bARE pALM bOMBS

backalley101 Avatar

Career:2,159-1,331
Chips:

Posted by bootyclause

WOW Really the race card

Post #27   8/29/12 10:22:58PM   

DancingDoll

In Full Cowgirl

DancingDoll Avatar

Career:817-397
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Just curious who the source is on this magazine article. Like who told the magazine that Jones was crying to Dana and asking him to tell Chael to stop? Was it Dana? If so, then damn... talk about being thrown under the bus. Dana is driving that bus and backing over him a few times for good measure.

If there's no legit source, I think it has to be taken with a grain of salt. It sounds like a tabloid headline for USWeekly or something that feeds into the anti-Jones timing and fuels the Jones vs. Sonnen war. And no, I'm not defending Jones. If he said it, it's lame and embarrassing. It also continues to feed public desire to see that fight.

Post #28   8/29/12 10:45:26PM   

Adam_Buru

MMA Regular

Adam_Buru Avatar

Career:1,346-939
Camp: Ninja Jiu Jitsu
Chips:

Posted by bootyclause

Chael is not a top 10 LHW and has no claim to a title shot whatsoever. If they put him in the general mix he will not beat any of the top guys. Almost a zero chance he beats a bigger wrestler like Rashad or Davis....or a Machida. At best maybe he leg humps Rampage, Forrest or Shogun to a 29-28 snoozer. WWE antics only go so far, he deserves nothing. If I was Jones I would not take that fight either.

Vitor did not deserve the fight either but is a good person and makes it a totally different scenario. Its a case where Chael's talking had the opposite effect of what he wanted.

Jon Jones has no duty at all to take any fight on 1 week notice. He's arguably the best fighter ever already. You would never see Manny Pacquio or Mayweather even asked to take a fight against some guy outside the top 10 in their weight class on a week's notice.

Dana claims to not like WWE style nonsense but makes his whole org all about crap like this. Shameful. I used to defend Dana a lot on the forums but he is really a despicable person.

Whoa!!!!!! Jones actually has a fan left???? What's the world coming to??

Last edited 8/29/12 10:47PM server time by adam_buru
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #29   8/29/12 10:46:40PM   

Gogoplatapus

MMA Sensei

Gogoplatapus Avatar

Career:894-595
Camp: West Coast Canada
Chips:

Posted by bootyclause

Jones has done plenty wrong.

Posted by MALICE

Wow, just a never ending parade of Jones blunders. The question is, has Jones always been this ridiculous, or was the DUI just the beginning of Jones' downfall?

I guess to be fair, we shouldn't call it the beginning of his downfall because in the cage, he's flawless. But I get where you're headed.

Post #30   8/29/12 11:55:58PM   

Page 2 of 4     1     2     3     4