Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Michael Bisping Talks Preparation For Brian Stann, Being Disappointed In Jon Jones

Print  
Posted By Message

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Career:1,763-1,032
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Everyone knows he's a big, powerful, striker, and that's what I've got to look out for. I think, technically, I've got him beat. I'm better on the feet. I'm better on the ground. But, obviously, that one-punch knockout power is the thing I've got to look out for. I'm training with tough guys. I'm getting beat up on a daily basis, and I'm preparing. I'm doing everything I can. I'll be ready.

LINK

Post #1   8/28/12 4:01:55PM   

babalu46

In Full Mount

babalu46 Avatar

Career:978-609
Chips:
I definitely have Bisping for this one apart from a KO which is unlikely I just don't see how Stann wins.

Post #2   8/28/12 5:35:54PM   

Wallass

MMA Sensei

Wallass Avatar

Career:2,155-1,264
Camp: Canada's Finest
Chips:
I'm surprised Bispings the favorite here but I don't like his volume of punches and suspect chin against the power and jaw of Stann's. Bisping's legit but I like Stann by 2nd round tko.

Post #3   8/28/12 6:03:48PM   

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Career:1,277-785
Chips:
Hands down, chin up Mike

Post #4   8/28/12 8:20:13PM   

meier

Standup Guy

meier Avatar

Career:453-438
Chips:

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Hands down, chin up Mike

lol

Post #5   8/28/12 10:04:07PM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:999-575
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by Wallass

I'm surprised Bispings the favorite here but I don't like his volume of punches and suspect chin against the power and jaw of Stann's. Bisping's legit but I like Stann by 2nd round tko.

I don't really see how Bisping has a suspect chin...maybe suspect in that it's always flapping
Stann looks like he has some holes in his stand up game, covered up by his striking power. I think Bizz has very good hands and very well disciplined striking, I don't see him getting caught.

Post #6   8/29/12 9:40:44AM   

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Career:1,763-1,032
Chips:

Posted by airkerma

Posted by Wallass

I don't really see how Bisping has a suspect chin...maybe suspect in that it's always flapping
Stann looks like he has some holes in his stand up game, covered up by his striking power. I think Bizz has very good hands and very well disciplined striking, I don't see him getting caught.

Agreed. Me neither.

I don't see how Stann wins this.

Bad match-up imo.

Post #7   8/29/12 2:05:39PM   

BigBadAl

In Full Mount

BigBadAl Avatar

Career:408-321
Chips:

Posted by MMAcca

Posted by airkerma

Posted by Wallass

Agreed. Me neither.

I don't see how Stann wins this.

Bad match-up imo.

x2. You can't base a fighter having a suspect chin on a KO by a H-bomb.

Post #8   8/30/12 5:41:59PM