Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Rogers strikes deal to buy Score Media

Print  
Posted By Message

Gogoplatapus

MMA Sensei

Gogoplatapus Avatar

Career:894-595
Camp: West Coast Canada
Chips:
Montreal Gazzette

TORONTO — Rogers Communications has struck an agreement to buy sports broadcaster Score Media Inc. in a transaction valued at $167 million, or $1.62 per share.

The purchase price includes assumption of Score Media debt and an investment of $12 million in Score Digital.

Shares of Score Media (TSX:SCR) jumped nearly 47 per cent Friday after reports that the specialty TV sports broadcaster was in discussions to be purchased by Rogers (TSX:RCI.B).

Score Media, which owns the Score Television Network, rose 49 cents to $1.54 on the Toronto Stock Exchange before its stock was halted pending news just before noon Friday.

Potentially huge news for Canadians. Rogers Sportsnet is our go-to UFC channel, they show a ton of it. The Score has Bellator, a day late, and Score Fighting Series and a bit of smaller stuff too.

Post #1   8/27/12 7:25:19PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:
If Rogers has a deal with the UFC by airing prelims and free cards on Sportsnet, then what will that do with the Score and Bellator? I guess we can watch it on Spike but its not in HD.

I really hope they leave the format of the Score alone. Such a great channel to check constant ticker updates and they have some decent programming. I only ever watch Sportsnet for UFC stuff and Blue Jays games

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #2   8/28/12 12:04:15AM