Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Wanderlei's father killed incar accident

Print  
Posted By Message

Gogoplatapus

MMA Sensei

Gogoplatapus Avatar

Career:894-595
Camp: West Coast Canada
Chips:
UG

Wanderlei Silva, father Holando Pinheiro da Silva, died in a car accident this afternoon. The accident occurred in the Castro area, where the fighter's father lived. The body was taken to the Forensic Institute of Ponta Grossa, in the Campos Gerais region.

The driver of the other vehicle involved in the head-on collision also passed away.

According to relatives, Wanderlei Silva is in Las Vegas, and was told of the accident by phone. The fighter comes to ParanĂ¡ tomorrow.

Post #1   8/27/12 6:01:00PM   

ThaAxeMurderer7

MMA Sensei

ThaAxeMurderer7 Avatar

Career:1,277-814
Chips:
R.I.P Papa Silva. You raised not only a wonderful son, father and human being, but a hero and an inspiration to many including myself. My thoughts and condolences are with the family.

Also, my condolences to the family of the other driver killed in the accident. Very sad and unfortunate.

Post #2   8/27/12 6:06:56PM   

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Career:1,449-880
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Very unfortunate. Most automobile accidents are wholly preventable, yet they are perpetually occuring all over the world.

R.I.P. Senor da Silva

Post #3   8/27/12 10:19:32PM   

Kastro

Standup Guy

Kastro Avatar

Career:474-316
Camp: The Tactical Underground
Chips:
RIP Wandy's Dad!!

Car accidents are very common in Brazil as the roads are extremely dangerous and there is little mutual respect between drives on the road.

Hope Wandy can overcome this tragedy and come back in the octagon with a vengeance!

WAR Wandy!!!

Post #4   9/2/12 4:21:28PM