Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Males punching females

Print  
Is it OK for a male to hit back just as hard?
Yes, women need to learn their place 6 15%
Yes, treat them as they treat others 14 36%
No, men need to learn their place 6 15%
No, treat them as a weaker sex 13 33%
  Page 1 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

infestructure

NOW KITH

infestructure Avatar

Career:715-434
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
This has no relevance to my life, I just want to know what my fellow PGers think.

I know most situations the response relies mainly on the circumstance. But lets just say it's no one you know, and the female starts assaulting the male with deadly intent. Do you believe it's ok for him to fight back just as hard? Or as a male, is it his prerogative to protect the "weaker" sex from harm?

Post #1   8/25/12 4:36:56PM   

hymiekooken

MMA Regular

hymiekooken Avatar

Career:162-131
Chips:
Ah, no. I am not a woman beater, but if someone punches me in the face or pulls a weapon with intent on doing me harm, It makes no difference if it is a man or a woman. I will fight back with equal force.

Post #2   8/25/12 4:39:48PM   

Shawn91111

Shawn91111 Avatar

Career:2,559-1,350
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by infestructure

This has no relevance to my life, I just want to know what my fellow PGers think.

I know most situations the response relies mainly on the circumstance. But lets just say it's no one you know, and the female starts assaulting the male with deadly intent. Do you believe it's ok for him to fight back just as hard? Or as a male, is it his prerogative to protect the "weaker" sex from harm?

Just as you said if the female is assaulting the male with deadly intent all bets are off.

Post #3   8/25/12 4:40:58PM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:1,185-774
Camp: The Original Gangsters
Chips:
If a girl came at me with absolute deadly intent without a weapon and I just plain couldnt just leave the situation I would use just enough force to restrain her.

I would just hold her down until she agreed to calm down. No hitting just restraining.

Now with a deadly weapon that changes the ball game. This person is trying to END your life. I will treat it as such and come at her guns ablazing metaphorically speaking of course

Last edited 8/25/12 4:45PM server time by george112
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #4   8/25/12 4:42:46PM   

Rabi

Heavyweight Champ

Rabi Avatar

Career:1,855-1,098
Camp: MMA Worldwide
Chips:
I agree with the above comments, I dont like violence, but if somebody attacks me then I will defend myself.

Post #5   8/25/12 5:20:17PM   

DancingDoll

In Full Cowgirl

DancingDoll Avatar

Career:684-338
Chips:
I'm actually against violence, outside of sports. I think people should just do what they need to do to restrain someone and self-defend in a 'reasonable way'.

If a girl goes nuts and slaps or punches some guy, it doesn't give him automatic license to KO her in the street. Obviously (in most cases), a guy can do a lot more damage in a physical fight, unless maybe your girlfriend is Ronda Roussey.

I just believe in settling the violence down rather than escalating it, where possible.

If you need to defend yourself though and we're talking weapons and life-threatening situations, then all bets are off - a guy should just what he needs to do to feel safe and get things under control again.

If you think about things from a legal standpoint, if you end up disarming a 100lb female with a knife and then proceed to beat her senseless, things probably aren't going to end up in your favour anyway. The key should just be to do what's necessary to disarm and restrain her and then call the cops.

I think every situation will allow a certain element of 'reasonable force' as long as it doesn't descend into 'gratuitous violence' and as long as people generally stick to that, there shouldn't be any problems - legally or morally.

Post #6   8/25/12 5:32:29PM   

warglory

Heavyweight Champ

warglory Avatar

Career:535-344
Chips:

Posted by DancingDoll

I'm actually against violence, outside of sports. I think people should just do what they need to do to restrain someone and self-defend in a 'reasonable way'.

If a girl goes nuts and slaps or punches some guy, it doesn't give him automatic license to KO her in the street. Obviously (in most cases), a guy can do a lot more damage in a physical fight, unless maybe your girlfriend is Ronda Roussey.

I just believe in settling the violence down rather than escalating it, where possible.

If you need to defend yourself though and we're talking weapons and life-threatening situations, then all bets are off - a guy should just what he needs to do to feel safe and get things under control again.

If you think about things from a legal standpoint, if you end up disarming a 100lb female with a knife and then proceed to beat her senseless, things probably aren't going to end up in your favour anyway. The key should just be to do what's necessary to disarm and restrain her and then call the cops.

I think every situation will allow a certain element of 'reasonable force' as long as it doesn't descend into 'gratuitous violence' and as long as people generally stick to that, there shouldn't be any problems - legally or morally.

I think this sums things up pretty well.

Post #7   8/25/12 5:40:50PM   

jakewalters

BJ PENN FOREVER

jakewalters Avatar

Career:758-484
Chips:
Ill punch a girl in the face for pretty much anything

Post #8   8/25/12 5:42:03PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:
in the TS example, the bitch needs to learn her place. If she is some drunk belligerent wackjob hitting and kicking you, then just restraining her will suffice. I don't condone hitting a woman, but there are specific examples where I'm a little more lenient.

But of course the other side of the coin is that they want to be treated as equals, so have at her

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #9   8/25/12 5:42:28PM   

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,471-1,565
Chips:
I am a violent shit head....hit me once, I will hit you twice....attempt to assault me with a deadly weapon and I will kill you.....race, religion, and gender makes absolutely no difference to me. I always escalate it a step to ensure victoey over my opponents.

Post #10   8/25/12 5:56:42PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,291-1,224
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Never had the pleasure to hit a women
I don't know if I would unless she was trying to kill,me
Then its on!!

Post #11   8/25/12 6:12:08PM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:2,643-1,469
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
I'm disappointed in the Playground at the moment. Eleven posts...Eleven posts and not one donkey punch reference?

Post #12   8/25/12 6:38:03PM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-505
Chips:
I don't think being weak gives you license to physically assault someone with impunity, and frankly I think women who believe they have the right to attack men, slap them, whatever, just because they're women, should probably be taught a lesson.

Would I actually cold cock a chick who attacked me? Almost definitely not, I would most likely restrain her, but I would have no moral qualms with a man who decided that if a woman can punch them in the face, that they are allowed to return the favour.

Like I said I would probably exercise restraint and just get her under control, but if we're talking legality, I think it should be completely allowed to hit a woman who attacks you, even if you could just restrain her. You didn't ask to be put into a situation where you have to defend yourself, it shouldn't be incumbent upon you to show restraint in self-defense.

Post #13   8/25/12 7:14:09PM   

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Career:1,404-862
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
This female wanted to kill me once. Can I tell you about it? OK.

I was in the LBC, about 9 years ago. Just played a show with some friends. This girl was hanging out with us afterwards, asking us questions and shit. Things were cool, but she kept spitting uncomfortably close to my feet though. I said something to bring it to her attention. I forget what, because it was so long ago. Anyhow, I must have pissed her off, because next thing I know, she is going Wanderlei on my ass, coming forward just windmilling shots.

I'm blocking everything, one handed, just kind of having fun. Think Silva-Griffin, except I wasn't offering any offense. My head movement was on point. She got really frustrated by her inability to punch me in the face. Naturally, she went for the nut shot. I'm quick to check the leg kicks though, so I bring my knee up in front of my crotch, and the top of her foot just cracks on my knee. She limped away after that, and I just kind of felt bad. I don't know why, I guess it's just because I really do believe men shouldn't hit women. And even though she hurt herself attacking me, I still felt bad for her.... If she was actually landing on me though, I might go for the take down, a "Calm down woman!" bear hug, or just some form of restraint.

If we're talking about getting attacked with knives or other weaponry though, I will curbstomp a bitch.

Post #14   8/25/12 7:25:07PM   

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,621-903
Chips:
Some women take advantage of the "guy code." They think they can get away with hitting a man because most men won't hit back.

With that said, I've had a female come at me back in high school but all I did was restrain her until someone stepped in but I wouldn't hesitate to defend myself if I feel she's trying to cause me serious harm.

Post #15   8/25/12 7:58:23PM   

Page 1 of 3     1     2     3