Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Strikeforce's Coker uncertain if Tarec Saffiedine will get next welterweight title shot

Print  
Posted By Message

BuffaloDave

Heavyweight Champ

BuffaloDave Avatar

Career:871-496
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
SAN DIEGO – Tarec Saffiedine was hoping a win over Roger Bowling would get him a shot at a title.

"It's something we just haven't sat down to talk about," Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker said at Saturday's post-event news conference, a refrain that is common with the promotion with Coker preferring to sit down with matchmaker Sean Shelby in the days and weeks following events to get a handle on what fights to make next.

LINK

Post #1   8/20/12 10:41:31AM   

BuffaloDave

Heavyweight Champ

BuffaloDave Avatar

Career:871-496
Chips:
Shouldn't Tarec have the title shot kinda by default, since the whole import of fighters is still off.

Post #2   8/20/12 10:44:49AM   

Budgellism

Raptors Fan

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,716-1,550
Chips:
I wouldn't be angry if he got it. He's on a 3 fight win streak in Strikeforce with wins over some well known names (For Strikeforce that is). I wouldn't give him much of a chance over Marquardt personally but he's earned it in my eyes.

Post #3   8/20/12 1:04:06PM   

DrivenDavies15

MMA Sensei

DrivenDavies15 Avatar

Career:1,335-763
Chips:
I wouldn't be upset if he got it either. Would kinda like to see him fight someone a little better like Misaki first though. There are still some solid contenders as well like Santiago, Mein, High and Voelker.

Post #4   8/20/12 1:38:30PM   

bigrand826

MMA Regular

bigrand826 Avatar

Career:815-493
Chips:
I like Tarec and agree that he's probably the best option for the next title shot. I wasn't all that impressed with his performance. He showed good TDD and didn't appear to be affected by Bowling's power. I thought all but the third were close rounds that could have gone either way, though. I just had higher expectations for him so that's why I wasn't that impressed. I thought he'd have shown a bigger advantage standing. It may have just been because he hadn't fought in over 6 months. These younger guys can really benefit from fighting a little more often.

Post #5   8/20/12 1:50:06PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:
I don't see any other WWs SF has that has done more than Tarec has to warrant a title shot. I don't see him beating Marquardt, but he will make it a competitive fight for the first couple rounds at least with his boxing and TDD

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #6   8/20/12 10:48:00PM   

tcunningham

Combat Sport and Fitness

tcunningham Avatar

Career:508-351
Chips:
i really enjoyed his last fight with bowling. i though it was close up until the 3rd, then i think saffiedine secured the win with taking bowlings back. i dont know if he's ready for nate though.

on another note, i want to see bowling fight again. that dude looked pretty good, and threw heat the whole fight. im a fan now of both him and tarec.

Post #7   8/20/12 11:15:04PM   

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,510-1,592
Chips:
I like the dude too.....he needs to continue what he did to prepare for this fight as it is one of the first where he has not gassed that I have seen. He could benefit from a good camp that has a bit more focus on wrestling too as a lot of his shoot takedowns were heavily telegraphed and I think he has the natural athleticism to be a better wrestler.....and with his power his ground and pound should be great.

Post #8   8/21/12 1:33:26AM