Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Strikeforce's Coker uncertain if Tarec Saffiedine will get next welterweight title shot

Print  
Posted By Message

BuffaloDave

Heavyweight Champ

BuffaloDave Avatar

Career:917-519
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
SAN DIEGO – Tarec Saffiedine was hoping a win over Roger Bowling would get him a shot at a title.

"It's something we just haven't sat down to talk about," Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker said at Saturday's post-event news conference, a refrain that is common with the promotion with Coker preferring to sit down with matchmaker Sean Shelby in the days and weeks following events to get a handle on what fights to make next.

LINK

Post #1   8/20/12 10:41:31AM   

BuffaloDave

Heavyweight Champ

BuffaloDave Avatar

Career:917-519
Chips:
Shouldn't Tarec have the title shot kinda by default, since the whole import of fighters is still off.

Post #2   8/20/12 10:44:49AM   

Budgellism

Randy

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,900-1,652
Chips:
I wouldn't be angry if he got it. He's on a 3 fight win streak in Strikeforce with wins over some well known names (For Strikeforce that is). I wouldn't give him much of a chance over Marquardt personally but he's earned it in my eyes.

Post #3   8/20/12 1:04:06PM   

DrivenDavies15

MMA Sensei

DrivenDavies15 Avatar

Career:1,519-865
Chips:
I wouldn't be upset if he got it either. Would kinda like to see him fight someone a little better like Misaki first though. There are still some solid contenders as well like Santiago, Mein, High and Voelker.

Post #4   8/20/12 1:38:30PM   

bigrand826

MMA Regular

bigrand826 Avatar

Career:833-506
Chips:
I like Tarec and agree that he's probably the best option for the next title shot. I wasn't all that impressed with his performance. He showed good TDD and didn't appear to be affected by Bowling's power. I thought all but the third were close rounds that could have gone either way, though. I just had higher expectations for him so that's why I wasn't that impressed. I thought he'd have shown a bigger advantage standing. It may have just been because he hadn't fought in over 6 months. These younger guys can really benefit from fighting a little more often.

Post #5   8/20/12 1:50:06PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:
I don't see any other WWs SF has that has done more than Tarec has to warrant a title shot. I don't see him beating Marquardt, but he will make it a competitive fight for the first couple rounds at least with his boxing and TDD

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #6   8/20/12 10:48:00PM   

tcunningham

Combat Sport and Fitness

tcunningham Avatar

Career:519-361
Chips:
i really enjoyed his last fight with bowling. i though it was close up until the 3rd, then i think saffiedine secured the win with taking bowlings back. i dont know if he's ready for nate though.

on another note, i want to see bowling fight again. that dude looked pretty good, and threw heat the whole fight. im a fan now of both him and tarec.

Post #7   8/20/12 11:15:04PM   

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,687-1,701
Chips:
I like the dude too.....he needs to continue what he did to prepare for this fight as it is one of the first where he has not gassed that I have seen. He could benefit from a good camp that has a bit more focus on wrestling too as a lot of his shoot takedowns were heavily telegraphed and I think he has the natural athleticism to be a better wrestler.....and with his power his ground and pound should be great.

Post #8   8/21/12 1:33:26AM