Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Ian McCall Reps Reveal Details of His Arrest

Print  
Posted By Message

lohmann

A Black Belt in Jiu-Jitsu

lohmann Avatar

Career:1,611-877
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
According to [McCall's attorney George] Vargas:

In 2008, Ian was arrested for possession of prescription drugs without a prescription and paraphernalia. The paraphernalia was needles that he used to take the fluid out of his ears. Part of Ian’s punishment for that case was that he was to do 20 days of Cal Trans (physical labor).

The following year, Ian was having more troubles and he entered and completed a six-month residential drug treatment program at Nancy Clark’s The Recovery Center in Orange County. Ian completely turned his life around, began training hard and became the man he is today.

On June 14 of this year, Ian was pulled over for a traffic stop. He was given a ticket for PC14601 (driving on a suspended license). Ian’s license had been suspended for unpaid traffic and parking tickets.

The very next day, on June 15, Ian went to the Harbor Justice Center with his agent, and paid over $2,600 in fines. He mistakenly thought that the ticket from the previous day had been handled. A few weeks later, when the court date for that case came, Ian did not show and a warrant was issued for his arrest.

On Aug. 14, once again, Ian was stopped while driving home from the gym. At that time he was arrested for the two warrants: one for not completing the 20 days of Cal Trans work for the 2008 case, and the other for not showing up to court on the driving on a suspended license ticket that he had thought that he had handled.

Because McCall was on parole from previous charges and a warrant was issued in his name, the UFC flyweight must spend a mandatory time of 30 days in jail for his current arrest, according to his manager, Jason House of Iridium Sports.

McCall is scheduled for a Sept. 13 release date.

link

Post #1   8/18/12 4:45:45PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:
that sucks

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #2   8/18/12 7:04:17PM   

DrivenDavies15

MMA Sensei

DrivenDavies15 Avatar

Career:1,335-763
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Post #3   8/18/12 7:08:30PM   

tcunningham

Combat Sport and Fitness

tcunningham Avatar

Career:508-351
Chips:
how could you not get this stuff figured out? Ian is a ufc fighter now, and in a weight class that if he loses his ufc job he will probably never be able to make that kind of money at 125lbs anywhere else. i am glad to see he has turned his life around but it sounds like he's still recovering from the life he had before.

Post #4   8/18/12 7:12:38PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,496-876
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Personally I think the fact that he has turned his life around should be weighed more heavily.

If the point of the criminal justice system is rehabilitation, Ian McCall is pretty much all set. Especially since the charges are drug related.

He's turned his life around and cleaned himself up, so leave the guy alone.

Post #5   8/19/12 4:44:13PM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:1,214-788
Camp: The Original Gangsters
Chips:

Posted by bjj1605

Personally I think the fact that he has turned his life around should be weighed more heavily.

If the point of the criminal justice system is rehabilitation, Ian McCall is pretty much all set. Especially since the charges are drug related.

Sadly rehabilitation isn't the point of the criminal justice system. If it were we wouldnt have overcrowded prisons and such full of non-violent offenders.

Post #6   8/19/12 5:02:53PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,496-876
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by george112

Posted by bjj1605

Sadly rehabilitation isn't the point of the criminal justice system. If it were we wouldnt have overcrowded prisons and such full of non-violent offenders.

Ya I know. I don't think there is an official policy that says, "criminal justice is for punishment" or "criminal justice is for rehabilitation", but we often behave as if the point was punishment first.

I was more or less trying to argue the way I think it SHOULD be.

Post #7   8/20/12 10:40:39AM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:1,214-788
Camp: The Original Gangsters
Chips:

Posted by bjj1605

Posted by george112

Posted by bjj1605

Ya I know. I don't think there is an official policy that says, "criminal justice is for punishment" or "criminal justice is for rehabilitation", but we often behave as if the point was punishment first.

I was more or less trying to argue the way I think it SHOULD be.

Right on man. I follow you

Post #8   8/20/12 10:43:03AM