Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Jon Jones doesn't want Machida rematch

Print  
  Page 4 of 4     1     2     3     4  
Posted By Message

Cooler

Banned for Cheating

Cooler Avatar

Career:886-472
Camp: The Evolutionaries
Chips:

Posted by Boo_Radley21

Posted by Cooler

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

You answered that very poorly, Jones. Making it seem like you only care about money.

I don't want to see those two fight because they just fought. Machida just fought Jones before Bader and before that only had a win over Couture to get the title shot.

But, for the love of [U]god[/U], let Hendo beat Jones.

Which one?

Uh the one in wu-tang obviously. how many U-Gods do you know

I didn't know you couldn't underline on this site that's why there's 2 U's in it

Post #46   8/18/12 9:47:50PM   

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Career:1,277-785
Chips:
What a SHOCKER Jonesy!

The toughest fight you've had at 205 was the chump who snatched the old ladies purse while you were playing on the swings at the park.

Machida would win the 2nd fight, hands down, or foot to the face, or beer bottle upside your head.

Last edited 8/18/12 11:16PM server time by chael_sonnen
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #47   8/18/12 11:15:54PM   

Boo_Radley21

Heavyweight Champ

Boo_Radley21 Avatar

Career:605-425
Chips:

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

What a SHOCKER Jonesy!

The toughest fight you've had at 205 was the chump who snatched the old ladies purse while you were playing on the swings at the park.

Machida would win the 2nd fight, hands down, or foot to the face, or beer bottle upside your head.

I like your enthusiasm, but I disagree

Post #48   8/18/12 11:22:08PM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:1,054-613
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by Cooler

You answered that very poorly, Jones. Making it seem like you only care about money.

I don't want to see those two fight because they just fought. Machida just fought Jones before Bader and before that only had a win over Couture to get the title shot.

But, for the love of god, let Hendo beat Jones.

Which one? If anything you should've said please his holiness the Flying Spaghetti Monster, let Hendo land an H-Bomb

Give it a rest, you look like a fool every time you start picking apart any statement with God in it. You give atheism a bad name by always inserting rhetoric like this into a random conversation.

Post #49   8/19/12 10:46:28AM   

Cooler

Banned for Cheating

Cooler Avatar

Career:886-472
Camp: The Evolutionaries
Chips:

Posted by airkerma

Posted by Cooler

Which one? If anything you should've said please his holiness the Flying Spaghetti Monster, let Hendo land an H-Bomb

Give it a rest, you look like a fool every time you start picking apart any statement with God in it. You give atheism a bad name by always inserting rhetoric like this into a random conversation.

It's called conscious awareness. Asking "what god" after someone makes a blanket statement about a "god" is not invalid, it's the next logical question.

Post #50   8/19/12 7:59:23PM   

warglory

Heavyweight Champ

warglory Avatar

Career:535-344
Chips:

Posted by Cooler

Posted by airkerma

Posted by Cooler

It's called conscious awareness. Asking "what god" after someone makes a blanket statement about a "god" is not invalid, it's the next logical question.

Come on now Cooler, no need to troll this thread. Arguing semantics about the word god, as if there was somehow a question about what he meant, is silly.

Post #51   8/19/12 8:37:28PM   

Adam_Buru

MMA Regular

Adam_Buru Avatar

Career:1,298-909
Camp: Ninja Jiu Jitsu
Chips:
How can anyone like this Bones dude??

Post #52   8/20/12 12:33:07AM   

Franklinfan47

Simply The Best

Franklinfan47 Avatar

Career:2,612-1,430
Chips:
I may be in the minority, but I dont blame Jones.

Why would he want to fight a guy he just destroyed less than a year ago? I was there folks, Lyoto got in maybe 1 or 2 good punches. So what? Does anyone honestly think the rematch will somehow be competitive after such a short amount of time?

I would rather see Gustaffson or even texeira in there over Lyoto right now. Too early for those guys? Then he should move to HW in the mean time.

Post #53   8/20/12 2:57:37PM   

DancingDoll

In Full Cowgirl

DancingDoll Avatar

Career:765-371
Chips:
Honesty isn't arrogance.

I think he was just asking a directed question about Machida, not ducking the potential outcome of the Hendo fight. His comment about Machida being a 'tricky fighter' shows that he has respect for his game.

I also don't have any issue with his concern about maxing out PPV potential. Sure, he probably should have worded his statements in a different way, but he was just being straight up in his thoughts/opinions on it.

People are motivated by different things - at this stage in the game, he's coming up to the peak of his earning-potential. I don't fault him for wanting to play things strategically. Hey, at least he's up front about it.

Post #54   8/20/12 8:08:09PM   

ncordless

MODulation

ncordless Avatar

Career:1,903-1,083
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
The Jones heel character is like a cross between Mayweather, Mr. Perfect, and Lebron James.

Post #55   8/20/12 9:13:22PM   

MALICE

MMA Sensei

MALICE Avatar

Career:698-340
Chips:
I can understand not wanting to fight someone you just fought, but as the champ, it is your responsibility to fight the toughest available competition. Jones recently suggested a few fighters he thinks might make good title fights...

Davis - Just lost to Evans and a NC with Prado
Gustafsson - A dominating win over Rua would make this fight acceptable.
Teixiera - An untested LHW.

So, if Gustafsson has a dominating performance against Rua, this fight would make sense. The other two fighters need to beat some top competition before deserving a title shot. Jones seems to want to fight a big PPV draw. These three fighters are smaller draws than Machida. So, what does Jones really want?

Post #56   8/20/12 9:41:10PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,478-1,317
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Jones had been fighting none stop for almost two years. I day give him a break. And have shogun vs the mauler for next title shot next year

Post #57   8/20/12 10:28:04PM   

Page 4 of 4     1     2     3     4