Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Ian McCall arrested, released, on old warrant

Print  
Posted By Message

Gogoplatapus

MMA Sensei

Gogoplatapus Avatar

Career:894-595
Camp: West Coast Canada
Chips:
UG

UFC flyweight contender and beloved UGer Ian "Uncle Creepy" McCall has made no secret of his previous drug addicition, its attendant brushes with the law, and the role MMA has played in bringing him into sobriety and success.

Unfortunately, an unresolved incident from the past caught up with him.

Undercover Laguna Beach detectives and DEA agents were in Irvine this past Tuesday morning working on an investigation when they observed a man they recognized. A warrant check revealed that he was wanted.

Ian Gregory McCall, 28, Irvine was arrested without incident for two Harbor Court warrants for possession of narcotic paraphernalia, possession of prescription meds without a valid prescription, and driving on a suspended license. The warrants had a total bail of $16,500.

Police said the investigation there is ongoing and said only that McCall’s residence is within the area they were watching.

Last edited 8/17/12 10:11PM server time by gogoplatapus
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #1   8/17/12 10:10:22PM   

DrivenDavies15

MMA Sensei

DrivenDavies15 Avatar

Career:1,379-788
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Sucks for Uncle Creepy, hope this doesn't blow out of proportion since it's supposed to be in his past but hopefully it all gets sorted out.

Post #2   8/17/12 11:20:31PM   

FastKnockout

$ Impin' Ain't Easy $

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,709-955
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Yeah, he shouldn't be judged based on this. It's an old warrant and he's held no secrets about his past life.

Post #3   8/18/12 12:24:33AM   

BelXavier420

Standup Guy

BelXavier420 Avatar

Career:857-609
Camp: TN Brawlers
Chips:

Posted by FastKnockout

Yeah, he shouldn't be judged based on this. It's an old warrant and he's held no secrets about his past life.

I am not so sure about that. Admitting fault does not matter if he still has unsettled issues with the law. I have seen plenty of injustices done, but those are some pretty serious charges. If he was convicted in 2008 and violated probation in 09 he could be facing some hefty charges by now. His fights are always entertaining, and I hope the best for him though as obviously he has turned a new chapter in his life.

Post #4   8/18/12 1:40:26AM   

Gogoplatapus

MMA Sensei

Gogoplatapus Avatar

Career:894-595
Camp: West Coast Canada
Chips:

Posted by BelXavier420

Posted by FastKnockout

I am not so sure about that. Admitting fault does not matter if he still has unsettled issues with the law. I have seen plenty of injustices done, but those are some pretty serious charges. If he was convicted in 2008 and violated probation in 09 he could be facing some hefty charges by now. His fights are always entertaining, and I hope the best for him though as obviously he has turned a new chapter in his life.

It's surprising this has taken this long. He should have been ahead of the game on this one, you'd think the courts would show some sort of leniency based on what he has been doing recently.

This sucks if it derails his career.

Post #5   8/18/12 9:35:39AM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Career:2,077-1,253
Chips:
He more than likely thought it was well passed taken care of. He's even left the country since then to fight in Austraila, and made it through airport security without tripping up any kind of red flag.

Unfortunetely, the legal system tries to hit you with as many charges as humanly possible to get you to plea down to a single charge, so these might be leftover charges from something he already plead out of or served time for.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts
Cage Rage 23 - 6th in Pts
Secondary League Season 3 - 12th in Pts
Secondary League Season 7 - 16th in Wagers
Primary League Season 7 - 26th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 6 - 30th in Pts
Secondary League Season 1 - 31st in Pts
Primary League Season 6 - 39th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 7 - 41st in Pts

Post #6   8/18/12 2:30:31PM