Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

5 years of mmapg

Print  
  Page 2 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,647-919
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by FastKnockout
Didn't plan on staying long, hence the lame screename. Figured it would be like all the other MMA forums. Next thing I know I'm knee deep in props and enjoying the hell out of the fantasy game.

Hahaha, I started posting on here because I was banned on bloodyelbow and wanted to voice my opinions. I had been using the site for years but never really ventured beyond the fantasy game. It took me maybe a week to become a daily poster at that point. I've tried posting on every major mma forum and this one leaves all the rest in the dust

I've tried most of them, too. The worst was FiveKnuckles, though. Full of MMA elitists and DCRage-type Mods. PG has been the best by far.

Post #16   8/15/12 8:38:44PM   

bojangalz

The Original Playground Bully

bojangalz Avatar

Career:1,553-840
Chips:
Wow, I just looked and I've been here since May 07. Does that make me OG status or something? Then I take a look and see that I've only got 1700 posts and realize that I probably wouldn't deserve such a status even if one were available.

Some of my favorite moments?

I remember what a noob I was when I started. I looked back at some of my early posts a while back... Jesus I was retarded.

40oz's avatar was truly epic.

The 360 Mafia debacle.

I actually got warned once by Svartorm for fighter bashing. If I'm not mistaken it was for clowning a bit on Travis Lutter.

hotrod's thread about the kid with bowel issues and the unpleasant sexual experience that ensued. Seriously hotrod- DC's not modding anymore. It's time to find that story and resurrect that thread. I've never laughed so hard in my life. It's a tragedy less than 5% of the members of this community even know what I'm referencing right now. This injustice needs to be reversed.

I remember winning the first place in Wagers for season three. The top prize at the time was a cool $500. I gave half to my wife and spent the rest on a pair of oakley's. That was the turning point for me. I actually dropped fantasy baseball and went into full-on hardcore MMA fandom. I didn't actually go back to following baseball until last season. (btw- if anyone is looking for a new league member next season look me up)

It's been a long time, but time sure flies. It took me a little while to catch on, but since then I can say that I've visited this site nearly every day in the past several years.

Last edited 8/15/12 8:49PM server time by bojangalz
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #17   8/15/12 8:44:09PM   

Budgellism

Raptors Fan

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,694-1,543
Chips:

Posted by bojangalz

hotrod's thread about the kid with bowel issues and the unpleasant sexual experience that ensued. Seriously hotrod- DC's not modding anymore. It's time to find that story and resurrect that thread. I've never laughed so hard in my life. It's a tragedy less than 5% of the members of this community even know what I'm referencing right now. This injustice needs to be reversed.

I never saw that so yes please.

Post #18   8/15/12 8:57:56PM   

hotrodttt

Ridin the MMA WW since 02 !

hotrodttt Avatar

Career:2,549-1,359
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by bojangalz

Wow, I just looked and I've been here since May 07. Does that make me OG status or something? Then I take a look and see that I've only got 1700 posts and realize that I probably wouldn't deserve such a status even if one were available.

I remember what a noob I was when I started. I looked back at some of my early posts a while back... Jesus I was retarded.

The 360 Mafia debacle.

I actually got warned once by Svartorm for fighter bashing. If I'm not mistaken it was for clowning a bit on Travis Lutter.

I remember winning the first place in Wagers for season three. The top prize at the time was a cool $500. I gave half to my wife and spent the rest on a pair of oakley's. That was the turning point for me. I actually dropped fantasy baseball and went into full-on hardcore MMA fandom. I didn't actually go back to following baseball until last season. (btw- if anyone is looking for a new league member next season look me up)

It's been a long time, but time sure flies. It took me a little while to catch on, but since then I can say that I've visited this site nearly every day in the past several years.

I haven't been able to find it, I'm sure one of the mods can, I remember talking to one of the mods about it and he found it hilarious.

Post #19   8/15/12 9:00:14PM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
I think I was heading into my senior year of high school when I joined. High school feels like another life time ago, graduated in '08.

I don't even remember how I found this site.

Where has the time gone

Post #20   8/15/12 9:05:46PM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:2,215-1,196
Chips:

I remember winning the first place in Wagers for season three. The top prize at the time was a cool $500.

Come to think about it, I think I took home $250 for second place. I remember kicking myself I wasn't premium at the time.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #21   8/15/12 9:16:17PM   

bojangalz

bojangalz Avatar

Chips:

Posted by hotrodttt

I haven't been able to find it, I'm sure one of the mods can, I remember talking to one of the mods about it and he found it hilarious.

Yeah. I feel like I've used every conceivable combination of search words in google over the past two years. I've definitely come upon some pretty startling discoveries over that time. But I've never been able to find that story.

Mods- Please, please I beg you. There must be a way to search banned, locked, destroyed threads. This story is pure gold. Hell, make me a mod for a day and I'll do the legwork myself.

Post #22   8/15/12 9:38:32PM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:1,205-781
Camp: The Original Gangsters
Chips:

Posted by bojangalz

The 360 Mafia debacle.

That certainly does make you OG status.

Well atleast to me. Anyone joined in 07 is OG to me and receive an OG Prop every once in awhile.

FlashyG is a notable exception that has received an OG Prop though. He joined in 08

Has anyone ever noticed join dates that were changed???

A glaring example would be emfleek. I could have SWORE he joined in 11/08.

Maybe I'm delusional

Post #23   8/15/12 9:47:08PM   

Franklinfan47

Gettin Paper!

Franklinfan47 Avatar

Career:2,552-1,397
Chips:
Feels longer than 5 years

I may even go premium this year

Post #24   8/15/12 11:04:08PM   

FlashyG

MMA Sensei

FlashyG Avatar

Career:2,156-1,214
Chips:

Posted by hotrodttt

If it wasn't deleted you should be able to find it by going to the "my posts" section right below the tabs at the top of the screen.

Thats how I dig up old threads I've posted.

Edit - I didn't find the thread but I think I might have found what happened to it

Last edited 8/15/12 11:34PM server time by FlashyG

Post #25   8/15/12 11:11:06PM   

bojangalz

bojangalz Avatar

Chips:
Pretty sure it was deleted within hours of getting posted. I remember exactly where I was when I read it. I was doing some after hours work at the school where I help out with the tech department. I know that I read the article before calling it a night. And if I'm not mistaken I logged on from home the next day to try and find the thread to copy the link but it had been deleted. By the time worked at school again I had forgotten all about pulling up the history to get the link. And ever since then it's been eluding me.

Since I can't really remember all the glorious details of the story, it's really hard to explain and relate the story to anyone. So I never mention it. But everytime a thread like this comes along I remember how fantastic it was. But who knows, maybe it's not as great as I remember it. Perhaps it's only become so great in my mind because I can't access it now. Maybe it's become the stuff of legend to me and I've got no one to share it with. Maybe the story doesn't even hold up today... You know, like when you try to watch an episode of MacGyver now only to realize that it wasn't nearly as cool as you remember it being when you were in 3rd grade.

Post #26   8/15/12 11:19:38PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Posted by FastKnockout

I've only been here a few years. Just a refugee from a wasteland called Sherdog.

once I got dubs for calling Mir a dick, I came here full time

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #27   8/15/12 11:49:11PM   

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,497-1,576
Chips:
The story of KPRO's avatar when it was a cut out of HMC's face was pretty much the best.....oh and I forget who it was (I know it's an awesome poster though) but he basically made the raddest post where he posted a massive prop for himself. Classics.....
Worse time was when I was deployed I trusted an old camp member with my password and he nearly got me banned using my account to harrass another member after he was in trouble with the mods himself. A little mod action and my wife saved me.

Post #28   8/16/12 12:22:34AM   

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Career:1,763-1,032
Chips:

Posted by hotrodttt

I stopped posting regularly on the forums because of DCRage lol

Me too, aswell as quite a few regulars at the time.

It's a much better place around here nowadays, i just wish i had the time to post as much as i used to.

I feel like i must have missed the ''MMA Army thing''. Anybody care to summarise ?

Post #29   8/16/12 1:01:39AM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:2,668-1,480
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

When I was 18 my girlfriend at the time was finally ready to have sex. I, as one might expect of a 18 year old, was excited. Neither hell nor high water was going to stand between me and my final destination...

Last edited 8/16/12 3:50AM server time by grappler0000
2 total post edits

Post #30   8/16/12 1:37:00AM   

Page 2 of 3     1     2     3