Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

prozacnation nomination

THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN LOCKED Print  
  Page 14 of 15   <<   11     12     13     14     15  
Posted By Message

thevoodooninja

MMA Sensei

thevoodooninja Avatar

Career:1,115-716
Camp: Playground Mafia
Chips:
I don't see what the big deal is about the badges...

There's only 3 that really count for anything anyway and that's top camp, top score and top earner. The rest of them are just blah blah blah

Its just the way I see it

Last edited 8/18/12 9:51AM server time by voodoo-jitsu
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #196   8/18/12 9:01:03AM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:1,258-821
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:

Posted by KungFuMaster

I have a proposal to enhance the process of handing out the top poster badge.

Each mod gets 1 electoral vote.

The community gets half the number of electoral votes. So if there are 4 participating moderators, the community will have 2 electoral votes.

Say George goes up for nomination. A poll will be started for his run for promotion. The community will vote. Let's say 10 people voted. 7 people agree George gets a top poster badge while 3 disagree. Geroge wins.

George now has 2 electoral votes from the community. George will only need one more vote from a moderator to be promoted. This gives the community a voice in who receives a top poster badge.

This system allows the community to elect their own candidate(s) and gives the community a chance to vote for their candidate(s) as we do in the real world. This does not undermine the moderators in any way. Furthermore, this promotes interaction within our community. It gives us a sense of purpose so to speak and at the same time, it can bring us closer as a community.

I don't want to sound like a Dick because I'm sincerely not trying to be . But the Mods aren't going to listen to you.

Things have been the way they are since the beginning. Nothing is going to change and I'm ok with that. You should be too. Just enjoy the conversation around here and love this place as much as I do

Post #197   8/18/12 9:29:19AM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by voodoo-jitsu

There's only 3 that really count for anything anyway and that's top camp, top score and top earner. The rest of them are just blah blah blah

No worries about the Top Camp badge voodoo. Were gonna win it this season

Post #198   8/18/12 9:58:24AM   

40ouncetofreedom

In Full Mount

40ouncetofreedom Avatar

Career:1,958-1,134
Camp: The Evil Empire
Chips:

Posted by george112

Posted by voodoo-jitsu

Good Luck..We're consistent top 5,But about to retake the top where we belong..MW is a solid division.

Post #199   8/18/12 10:03:14AM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-505
Chips:
Yeah, for the record, this thread became a bit of a free-for-all. Voodoo is right, the badges aren't a big deal, but they're a nice way of recognizing posters who put a lot of time into participating in the site. I just saw a couple of people I was surprised didn't have badges, so I mentioned it, this wasn't intended to be a "let's challenge the mods on their decisions" thread.

Post #200   8/18/12 10:09:51AM   

Shawn91111

The MMAPlayground's Co-Creator

Shawn91111 Avatar

Career:2,781-1,448
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by KungFuMaster

I have a proposal to enhance the process of handing out the top poster badge.

Each mod gets 1 electoral vote.

The community gets half the number of electoral votes. So if there are 4 participating moderators, the community will have 2 electoral votes.

Say George goes up for nomination. A poll will be started for his run for promotion. The community will vote. Let's say 10 people voted. 7 people agree George gets a top poster badge while 3 disagree. Geroge wins.

George now has 2 electoral votes from the community. George will only need one more vote from a moderator to be promoted. This gives the community a voice in who receives a top poster badge.

This system allows the community to elect their own candidate(s) and gives the community a chance to vote for their candidate(s) as we do in the real world. This does not undermine the moderators in any way. Furthermore, this promotes interaction within our community. It gives us a sense of purpose so to speak and at the same time, it can bring us closer as a community.

Last edited 8/18/12 10:31AM server time by shawn91111

Post #201   8/18/12 10:15:46AM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by iwannabesedated

Posted by george112

Posted by voodoo-jitsu

Good Luck..We're consistent top 5,But about to retake the top where we belong..MW is a solid division.

Your right it is.

I feel my camp is very very strong. I really couldnt ask for a better one. Goodluck on the next event.

Shall we be rivals??

Or would a few good men like too have a go at it?

Post #202   8/18/12 10:25:46AM   

40ouncetofreedom

In Full Mount

40ouncetofreedom Avatar

Career:1,958-1,134
Camp: The Evil Empire
Chips:

Posted by george112

Posted by george112

Posted by voodoo-jitsu

Your right it is.

I feel my camp is very very strong. I really couldnt ask for a better one. Goodluck on the next event.

Shall we be rivals??

Can't be rivals unil you get some OG camp badges...lol

Post #203   8/18/12 11:54:20AM   

thevoodooninja

MMA Sensei

thevoodooninja Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Aether

Yeah, for the record, this thread became a bit of a free-for-all. Voodoo is right, the badges aren't a big deal, but they're a nice way of recognizing posters who put a lot of time into participating in the site. I just saw a couple of people I was surprised didn't have badges, so I mentioned it, this wasn't intended to be a "let's challenge the mods on their decisions" thread.

dont get me wrong i'm all for the site giving out badges. i just dont see why some people would get bent out of shape over them. the problem with giving some people a voice is they're better off having laryngitis.thats not a knock on you. i thought it was pretty cool you wanted to recognize some of the people that dont have them. i say let the powers that be, be the powers that be

on a different note, i just want it to be known that i come on here to goof around and have fun, i hope no one on here takes me too seriously. i do think shawn911 should get some kind of honorary badge. he reminds me of the grumpy old man in the neighbourhood yelling at the kids to get off his lawn, he cracks me up everytime he makes a post.

Last edited 8/18/12 1:13PM server time by voodoo-jitsu

Post #204   8/18/12 12:54:48PM   

thevoodooninja

MMA Sensei

thevoodooninja Avatar

Chips:

Posted by george112

Posted by george112

Posted by voodoo-jitsu

Your right it is.

Shall we be rivals??

the way i see it is any camp in the division we're in is a rival

but i'm just gangsta like that

Last edited 8/18/12 1:16PM server time by voodoo-jitsu

Post #205   8/18/12 12:58:28PM   

warglory

Heavyweight Champ

warglory Avatar

Career:535-344
Chips:
I am a little late to the party here, but I have to agree with all who earned badges. All well deserved!

On a personal level though, I think the spirit of this thread got a little out of hand. Badges are a way for those who represent the site (aka, the mods and the owners) to recognize posters who show loyalty and involvement to the PG.

I can only speak from personal experience, but I was completely caught off guard when the powers that be offered me the top poster badge. I come here because I enjoy posting with intelligent and humorous mma fans. This is my go to community to talk about MMA, I don't post anywhere else. In addition, as you can see from my record, I don't really participate actively in fantasy aspects of the site as much as I used to (which I know is a bit odd), nor have I ever really been active in a camp. I don't normally communicate with folks around here, outside of the PG, and I am completely okay with that.

I don't consider this site a popularity contest, I come on here after work, or on the weekends in the morning with a cup of coffee to get my dose, or those same nights, while drunk. The bottom line is, this is a bit of an oasis type of environment for my mma needs. So with that all said, if someone like me, a dark horse around here, can get a badge just from coming on daily and participating, I think the system is fine the way it is, and those who bestow the badges do it for the right reasons, and I don't think people should take advantage of that. It's a fun little recognition that we should all respect around here.

Post #206   8/18/12 1:04:12PM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by george112

Posted by george112

Posted by voodoo-jitsu

Your right it is.

Shall we be rivals??

Can't be rivals unil you get some OG camp badges...lol

Haha true that true that.

Post #207   8/18/12 3:21:07PM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Career:423-342
Camp: The Lone Ranger(s)
Chips:
Did I challenge the authorities of the moderators? No. I simply made a suggestion which I thought would bring the community closer by giving the community an opportunity to advocate their ideas and concerns and participate in processes which involve the community. I guess – by making suggestions, I am attacking and challenging the authorities of this site. If that is the case, then by all means - I am in the wrong.

I could say a lot about cowcatcher and how he mishandled this situation but in the end, it is I who will receive the short end of the stick and I’ll leave it at that…

Post #208   8/18/12 6:55:36PM   

Shawn91111

The MMAPlayground's Co-Creator

Shawn91111 Avatar

Career:2,781-1,448
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by KungFuMaster

Did I challenge the authorities of the moderators? No. I simply made a suggestion which I thought would bring the community closer by giving the community an opportunity to advocate their ideas and concerns and participate in processes which involve the community. I guess – by making suggestions, I am attacking and challenging the authorities of this site. If that is the case, then by all means - I am in the wrong.

I could say a lot about cowcatcher and how he mishandled this situation but in the end, it is I who will receive the short end of the stick and I’ll leave it at that…

So if he gave you a top poster badge, or if he took your "suggestion" and ran with it then he would have handled the situation perfectly? Get over yourself

Post #209   8/18/12 6:59:43PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by Shawn91111

Besides the fact that quantity of posts can easily be achieved in the Spolier threads of UFC events.

and side games

thats where like 20% of my posts are from

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #210   8/18/12 7:06:17PM   

Page 14 of 15   <<   11     12     13     14     15