Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

prozacnation nomination

THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN LOCKED Print  
  Page 13 of 15   <<   10     11     12     13     14     15  
Posted By Message

Shawn91111

The MMAPlayground's Co-Creator

Shawn91111 Avatar

Career:2,660-1,399
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Besides the fact that quantity of posts can easily be achieved in the Spolier threads of UFC events.

Post #181   8/17/12 9:35:35PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:1,991-1,181
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by Shawn91111

Besides the fact that quantity of posts can easily be achieved in the Spolier threads of UFC events.

and side games

Post #182   8/17/12 9:36:26PM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:1,220-793
Camp: The Original Gangsters
Chips:

Posted by Shawn91111

That's true.

OR getting into 10 page flame wars

Post #183   8/17/12 9:37:40PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Chips:
aw shit guys, you know who we all forgot to nominate........

teh kingsmasher

Post #184   8/17/12 9:38:01PM   

Shawn91111

The MMAPlayground's Co-Creator

Shawn91111 Avatar

Career:2,660-1,399
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by george112

Posted by Shawn91111

That's true.

I enjoy those

Post #185   8/17/12 9:38:12PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by george112

Posted by Shawn91111

That's true.

I enjoy those

Post #186   8/17/12 9:40:00PM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:1,220-793
Camp: The Original Gangsters
Chips:

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by george112

Posted by Shawn91111

That's true.

Thirded

I enjoy those

Post #187   8/17/12 9:48:57PM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-505
Chips:
Most of the people being mentioned used to post quite a lot and got their badges at that time. I doubt that the frequency that someone is in discussions around the forum is not a consideration. Clearly I'm not talking about trivial posts like spoilers threads and sidegames, but thought out posts in discussions.

Post #188   8/17/12 10:59:55PM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-505
Chips:
I was speculating anyway, like I said I have nothing to do with the decision, that was just my best guess.

Post #189   8/17/12 11:07:18PM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Career:423-342
Camp: The Lone Ranger(s)
Chips:
Here's me going against "The Man" again.

Before I begin, let's make this clear. I know I will never wear the Top Poster Badge because I have committed a few offenses which will deny my chance of ever receiving one. But for future candidates, I would like to see some changes in how the badges are awarded.

In our current system, we make our nominations to the mods but ultimately it is the mods who decide who will and will not receive a badge. I have always believed it is the people who make the country and not the country which makes the people. As such, in the republic of this site, it is the members who make the site and not the site which makes the members.

Although I respect the moderators, it does not sit well with me to know the decision to award a Top Poster badge rests solely upon them. That decision should be decided by the entire community. Because we make this site what it is, we should be able to have a little say in some things - like the awarding of the top poster badge. I believe the Administrator of this site has strong values of democracy and I think he would certainly consider making this process a more interactive activity which would give more faculty to the community.

Post #190   8/18/12 4:50:29AM   

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Career:1,474-841
Chips:
In the end, they're just badges. Reputation is earned through the forums based on posts.

edit: if you ever want to start a thread that will get a lot of replies, just put the word "prozacnation" in the title

Last edited 8/18/12 5:18AM server time by Poor_Franklin
Edit note/reason: n/a

UFC 151: Never Forget

Post #191   8/18/12 5:17:21AM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Poor_Franklin

In the end, they're just badges. Reputation is earned through the forums based on posts.

edit: if you ever want to start a thread that will get a lot of replies, just put the word "prozacnation" in the title

You're correct, Poor_Franklin. My campaign is just to give the community a better voice.

Post #192   8/18/12 5:20:16AM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,522-1,450
Chips:
And here's my response to KFM's ripping of the system:

We mods have all been long time members, not people that rack up a ton of posts of nonsense in a year and a half or whatever it's been since you've been on. We were here at the beginning and we are the ones seeing this thing through until the end. We are the ones that care about this site more than probably anyone, and want more than anything to make it work. We don't get shit for doing this other than the satisfaction of the site we love so much doing well that we're willing to be on here day after day and read through every well thought out, decent thread as well as every stupid, pointless, self promoting thread to make sure things are ok as far as forum rules go. I love the members. I love the site. Don't question me, or the other guys that put a ton of time into this site, we care, we always have or we wouldn't be mods. I honestly don't give a shit what sits well with you or not, this place is as good as it is because those of us that are mods try our asses off to make it an enjoyable place for MMA fans without letting things go to shit like they do on Sherdog.

As far as badges go, we never opened it up to the members before, we decided on our own who deserved one. This time we decided to listen to members and do something different and give you guys a voice. That wasn't good enough for you I guess, but you know what, I'm filing that under "who gives a shit". Quit bitching, we reached out and did a solid for the members by listening to you and making the badges happen based on your suggestions. There will be another go round eventually and guys like sparky, BuffaloDave, lohmann, george112, and hotrodttt among others will be in line for a badge because they earned it by making quality posts on top of being long time members.

If you don't like the way things run here, it's real simple: get out. We try our very best to make this the best MMA forum on the web, and I think we do a damn good job. I'm appalled and pissed off that you would call us out after we bent our rules and made you a part of handing out badges. You may have ended that single-handedly. Well done!

Post #193   8/18/12 5:37:19AM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Chips:
I have a proposal to enhance the process of handing out the top poster badge.

Each mod gets 1 electoral vote.

The community gets half the number of electoral votes. So if there are 4 participating moderators, the community will have 2 electoral votes.

Say George goes up for nomination. A poll will be started for his run for promotion. The community will vote. Let's say 10 people voted. 7 people agree George gets a top poster badge while 3 disagree. Geroge wins.

George now has 2 electoral votes from the community. George will only need one more vote from a moderator to be promoted. This gives the community a voice in who receives a top poster badge.

This system allows the community to elect their own candidate(s) and gives the community a chance to vote for their candidate(s) as we do in the real world. This does not undermine the moderators in any way. Furthermore, this promotes interaction within our community. It gives us a sense of purpose so to speak and at the same time, it can bring us closer as a community.

Post #194   8/18/12 5:38:56AM   

40ouncetofreedom

In Full Mount

40ouncetofreedom Avatar

Career:1,914-1,109
Camp: The Evil Empire
Chips:

Posted by KungFuMaster

I have a proposal to enhance the process of handing out the top poster badge.

Each mod gets 1 electoral vote.

The community gets half the number of electoral votes. So if there are 4 participating moderators, the community will have 2 electoral votes.

Say George goes up for nomination. A poll will be started for his run for promotion. The community will vote. Let's say 10 people voted. 7 people agree George gets a top poster badge while 3 disagree. Geroge wins.

George now has 2 electoral votes from the community. George will only need one more vote from a moderator to be promoted. This gives the community a voice in who receives a top poster badge.

This system allows the community to elect their own candidate(s) and gives the community a chance to vote for their candidate(s) as we do in the real world. This does not undermine the moderators in any way. Furthermore, this promotes interaction within our community. It gives us a sense of purpose so to speak and at the same time, it can bring us closer as a community.

Da fuck?????

They're giving out badges to people they think deserve them,Not pass laws through Senate...

Last edited 8/18/12 8:36AM server time by iwannabesedated
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #195   8/18/12 8:31:25AM   

Page 13 of 15   <<   10     11     12     13     14     15