Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

UFC 150 ratings: FX prelims fall below 1 million viewers

Print  
Posted By Message

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:2,705-1,497
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
The roller-coaster ratings for FX's UFC preliminary-card broadcasts continue.

The most recent two-hour broadcast, which coincided with this past weekend's UFC 150 event, fell below 1 million viewers.

Of FX's nine preliminary-card broadcasts to date, it ranked seventh.

Overall, the Aug. 11 broadcast averaged 974,000 viewers, MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) today confirmed with event sources.

UFC 150 took place at Denver's Pepsi Center. The night's main card, including lightweight champion Benson Henderson's narrow split-decision victory over Frankie Edgar, aired on pay-per-view. Dennis Bermudez, Michael Kuiper, Erik Perez and Chico Camus picked up victories on the FX broadcast, which followed a one-bout stream on Facebook.

The most-recent UFC-FX prelims broadcast, UFC 149, averaged 1 million viewers. Prior to that, UFC 148 set a new high watermark with 1.8 million viewers...

Full Story

Post #1   8/14/12 3:41:07PM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:1,220-792
Camp: The Original Gangsters
Chips:
I didn't even know the prelims were on FX until 2 days before the event.

I don't know if that might have had something to do with it. People just not knowing

Post #2   8/14/12 3:47:57PM   

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Career:1,277-785
Chips:
Ratings fall below 1 million viewers = D-V-R

As Joe Rogan always says....

Can't stop the DVR baby!

Last edited 8/14/12 4:49PM server time by chael_sonnen
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #3   8/14/12 4:47:57PM   

tallica62

MMA Sensei

tallica62 Avatar

Career:1,960-1,212
Camp: Playground Bullies
Chips:
I'll tell you why....because it seems the protocol is different for each UFC....fights on Fuel, then FX, then Facebook, then Fox, then PPV, then on at a different time....it's absurdly confusing and actually takes effort to find out when and where they are on.

Solution: all prelims on facebook for free. The rest on PPV. If it's a crappy card and they want to give it for free, then just put it on FX. End of story.

Post #4   8/14/12 6:40:10PM   

tcunningham

Combat Sport and Fitness

tcunningham Avatar

Career:508-351
Chips:

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Ratings fall below 1 million viewers = D-V-R

As Joe Rogan always says....

Can't stop the DVR baby!

i thought the DVR'd programs still counted.

either way, all those people that dont watch the prelims are missing out. theres almost always awesome fights that happen on the prelims. hopefully they put a little more marketing into them.

Post #5   8/14/12 7:07:20PM   

BuffaloDave

Heavyweight Champ

BuffaloDave Avatar

Career:879-498
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Olympics are probably the blame and NFL preseason games.

Post #6   8/14/12 7:16:14PM   

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Career:1,449-880
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by tallica62

I'll tell you why....because it seems the protocol is different for each UFC....fights on Fuel, then FX, then Facebook, then Fox, then PPV, then on at a different time....it's absurdly confusing and actually takes effort to find out when and where they are on.

Solution: all prelims on facebook for free. The rest on PPV. If it's a crappy card and they want to give it for free, then just put it on FX. End of story.

Saturday I went to set up my DVR, and I immediately went to FUEL. Seeing it wasn't there, I went to FX. But I am addicted to MMA, so of course I'm gonna know where it's at. Some standard format would probably help.

Posted by BuffaloDave

Olympics are probably the blame and NFL preseason games.

another good point. The ratings for the Olympics were through the roof in the US. Plus it was the first games of the NFL preseason if I'm not mistaken, so people were probably more inclined to tune in just to alleviate their football withdrawals. And of course the Prelims, as well as the UFC 150 card in general, didn't look so hot on paper. Of course as if to validate Murphy's Law, the fights were actually entertaining...

ah well. It still seems like Zuffa is having a killer year, in spite of all the injuries and ratings worries. I personally like where they seem to be headed.

Post #7   8/14/12 8:08:29PM   

JLS1980

Jinh Yu

JLS1980 Avatar

Career:1,183-631
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
I agree that the protocol is different and that's why a lot of people don't know where to find the fights.

But all the PPV's prelims are always on Fx w/Facebook prelims.
All the Fox prelims are on Fuel w/Facebook prelims.
All the FX prelims are on on Fuel w/Facebook prelims.
And all the Fuel events are on Fuel with even more Facebook Prelims.

That is pretty confusing but that's how I remember them.

Post #8   8/14/12 9:05:07PM