Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Dana White Says Liddell To Fight Wanderlei Silva Next

Print  
  Page 2 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-505
Chips:
Is there any source to back this claim up? When did dana say this? I didn't see him address the crowd after the fight, was it in the post-fight interviews?

Post #16   5/28/07 9:55:56PM   

Primo

MMA Regular

Primo Avatar

Career:20-17
Camp: Team Pride
Chips:

Posted by 40ouncetofreedom

Posted by Primo

i don't agree what so ever...silva and belfort was almost 10 years ago...that shouldnt even be brought up.

i agree that straight punches cause silva problems, however silva has became a counter puncher, that's how he beat rampage the second time. whenever you make chuck come forward he's in trouble. chuck hasn't faced near as many strikers has silva has, and has had major problems with every single one.

i think silva is in way better shape then chuck, and is way better on the ground. when you take it all into account i don't see any way that chuck can beat silva, sure he could catch him with a straight right, but chuck has problems with looping hooks. watch the second fight against tito and the first against couture, chuck keeps his hands at his waist, unlike wanderlei, and ALWAYS gets caught by hooks. if he thought rampage hit hard, wait til he eats a hook from silva. silva by ko.

Normally Nuthuggers dont agree...

who is the nuthugger?? silvas not even my fav. fighter, oh thats right... you're on chucks ****....we'll see after silva destroys chuck what your excuse is ("Chuck was up until late wrestling with dana white in the hotel room, he'll beat Fedor")

Post #17   5/28/07 11:41:30PM   

Spiderman

MMA Regular

Spiderman Avatar

Career:72-42
Chips:
Chuck had torn quads in his last fight , plus someone slipped him some Nyquil . A healthy Chuck beats everyone 100 % of the time .. No way Silva or Rampage beats a healthy Chuck .

Post #18   5/29/07 12:27:23AM   

Fanboy 1988

Standup Guy

Fanboy 1988  Avatar

Career:68-49
Chips:
Silva vs Chuck would be perfect.. It's pretty clear Chuck can play around with almost any wrestler or bjj guy but he's always pushed when he fights a stricker..

This fight would be a war

Post #19   5/29/07 4:25:58AM   

tetrisbrokeme

Learning to Sprawl

Career:18-19
Camp: CheeseBeansAndChips
Chips:
big deal, chuck got KO'd by rampage. does that take away his ability? or his previous victories? not at all. rampage probably does hit hard, but a lot of people do. it wasn't the power that put chuck down, it was the accuracy. silva, whilst a legend in his own right, won't last against chuck. i see a slow but steady climb back to the top for the iceman, but i don't think it'll be rampage holding the title by then

Post #20   5/29/07 5:28:50AM   

iwannabesedated

banned

iwannabesedated Avatar

Career:575-327
Chips:

Posted by Primo

Posted by 40ouncetofreedom

Posted by Primo

i don't agree what so ever...silva and belfort was almost 10 years ago...that shouldnt even be brought up.

i agree that straight punches cause silva problems, however silva has became a counter puncher, that's how he beat rampage the second time. whenever you make chuck come forward he's in trouble. chuck hasn't faced near as many strikers has silva has, and has had major problems with every single one.

i think silva is in way better shape then chuck, and is way better on the ground. when you take it all into account i don't see any way that chuck can beat silva, sure he could catch him with a straight right, but chuck has problems with looping hooks. watch the second fight against tito and the first against couture, chuck keeps his hands at his waist, unlike wanderlei, and ALWAYS gets caught by hooks. if he thought rampage hit hard, wait til he eats a hook from silva. silva by ko.

Normally Nuthuggers dont agree...

who is the nuthugger?? silvas not even my fav. fighter, oh thats right... you're on chucks ****....we'll see after silva destroys chuck what your excuse is ("Chuck was up until late wrestling with dana white in the hotel room, he'll beat Fedor")

Your a PRIDE Nuthugger....is my point......

Post #21   5/29/07 10:59:14AM   

Primo

MMA Regular

Primo Avatar

Career:20-17
Camp: Team Pride
Chips:
lol you mean i know PRIDE has way better talent then UFC?? 6 months from now that point won't even be argued, with PRIDE taking over every title in the UFC. Who is gonna beat Rampage?? Hendo, Shogun?? All PRIDE guys lol.

As for that ridiculous comment about Silva not having accuracy compared to Rampage I'm guessing you've never seen him fight, he has faster, more powerful hands then Rampage and always finds the chin. We'll see after Chuck gets knocked out again what everybodys excuse is. Chuck has beaten NO strikers, Vitor (well past his striking, and barely got by him, and this wasnt 10 years ago in his prime like Silva) Overeem (Was on the verge of getting knocked out until Overeem gassed like always) Mezger (this is a huge reach as a 'striker', but he still had Chuck wobbled and hurt, b4 Liddell put him out of his misery).

Wow, I'm impressed. Couture, Ortiz, Babalu, Horn, none of these guys can strike. You think Randy would stand with Silva?? Chuck is a one trick pony, a straight right hand, and when he's facing elite strikers he gets on his bike and runs away and eventually gets caught, i.e. Rampage BOTH TIMES.

Post #22   5/29/07 11:36:57AM   

mkiv9secsupra

MMA Sensei

mkiv9secsupra Avatar

Career:1,051-706
Chips:

Posted by Primo

lol you mean i know PRIDE has way better talent then UFC?? 6 months from now that point won't even be argued, with PRIDE taking over every title in the UFC. Who is gonna beat Rampage?? Hendo, Shogun?? All PRIDE guys lol.

As for that ridiculous comment about Silva not having accuracy compared to Rampage I'm guessing you've never seen him fight, he has faster, more powerful hands then Rampage and always finds the chin. We'll see after Chuck gets knocked out again what everybodys excuse is. Chuck has beaten NO strikers, Vitor (well past his striking, and barely got by him, and this wasnt 10 years ago in his prime like Silva) Overeem (Was on the verge of getting knocked out until Overeem gassed like always) Mezger (this is a huge reach as a 'striker', but he still had Chuck wobbled and hurt, b4 Liddell put him out of his misery).

Wow, I'm impressed. Couture, Ortiz, Babalu, Horn, none of these guys can strike. You think Randy would stand with Silva?? Chuck is a one trick pony, a straight right hand, and when he's facing elite strikers he gets on his bike and runs away and eventually gets caught, i.e. Rampage BOTH TIMES.

wow....all i can say is F***** Stupid F******* retard......i bet if you met hendo or fedor or wandy you would put their cocks in your mouth.......

wandy is not pinpoint accurate.....he throws sooooo many punches its kinda hard to miss.
Who has made excuses for Chuck?! Everyone so far said he was beaten. Maybe stopped a lil early but it probly wouldnt have made a difference.

How do you explain Wandy getting murdered by Crocop? All it takes to drop wandy is a straight right down the middle.
If PRIDE is SOOO much better than why did Nick Diaz murder gomi......and let me remind you Nick Diaz wasnt even a freakin top contender in UFC. And how come Tito beat Wandy? beacuse wandy wasnt evolved yet? haha Ortiz has grown more as a fighter than wandy.

Post #23   5/29/07 3:23:53PM   

Chuteboxer

Standup Guy

Chuteboxer Avatar

Career:297-176
Camp: The Grappling Academy
Chips:
I have been waiting a long time for this fight. And unfortunately, I think we'll have to wait longer, until close to 2008, anyways. Wandy and Chuck are on the same level; I'd give Wandy the edge on the ground, but their standups are both loopy-like punching, so to me it's going to whoever can land more of their punches and hit harder. I think Wandy can do that; we all know Chuck can as well, but I'm hoping for Wandy to win. Chuck hasn't lost in a long time, and Wandy's lost twice now, albeit to great opponents. Wandy's always been better to me; fighting bigger/heavier and better opponents, compared to Chuck who's been thrown asswipes like Tito (Who, admittedly, did beat Wandy, but would never do that again in a lifetime) and guys like that. Okay, Randy, Sobral, and Tito are the bigger names that he's fought. But Wandy's taken on Mark Hunt, Guy Mezger, Dan Henderson twice, Ricardo Arona twice, KO'd Rampage twice, and he's also fought Sakuraba three times. How can anyone say Wandy's going to get killed? If anything, this fight is going to be extremely even in the odds...I don't even think I would bet on it almost....I said almost.

Post #24   5/29/07 3:40:17PM   

Chuteboxer

Standup Guy

Chuteboxer Avatar

Career:297-176
Camp: The Grappling Academy
Chips:
And by the way, Tito's striking is pure shit. All he's got is his takedowns and ground and pound. Nothing else. Although I'll admit he's decent at both, I'm praying he's beaten by Rashad Evans, just so he can get thrown out of the UFC or just admit that he's not as great as everyone wants him to be. He's a B+ to me; Never been and A.

Post #25   5/29/07 3:45:02PM   

Vietnamese_Guy

Standup Guy

Vietnamese_Guy Avatar

Career:198-109
Camp: Shogun Academy
Chips:

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

wow....all i can say is F***** Stupid F******* retard......i bet if you met hendo or fedor or wandy you would put their cocks in your mouth.......

wandy is not pinpoint accurate.....he throws sooooo many punches its kinda hard to miss.
Who has made excuses for Chuck?! Everyone so far said he was beaten. Maybe stopped a lil early but it probly wouldnt have made a difference.

How do you explain Wandy getting murdered by Crocop? All it takes to drop wandy is a straight right down the middle.
If PRIDE is SOOO much better than why did Nick Diaz murder gomi......and let me remind you Nick Diaz wasnt even a freakin top contender in UFC. And how come Tito beat Wandy? beacuse wandy wasnt evolved yet? haha Ortiz has grown more as a fighter than wandy.

So are we comparing OWGP cro-cop to chuck now? even after seeing how chuck got dismantled by basic boxing technique by rampage? Cro-cop's striking is beyond chucks level and if it wasn't for his tendency for taking some fights lightly, he would be ufc champion my friend. Lets compare that to the hardcore strikers that chuck has faced. Randy, Ortiz, and that loser babalau, lets not forget jeremy horn! My what a fantastic array of excellent standup fighters we have here.

you are an idiot, you make sweeping general statement and pass them off as facts, "Pride is so much better because nick diaz beat gomi" and "haha ortiz has grown more as a fighter then wandy." Those are excellent points and i'll return the favor for you. 2 pride rejects now hold a UFC belt, Gomi likes to not train for his fights, and pride as an organization sucks testicles. Tito ortiz got a title shot for what? beating a aging and obsolete shamrock 3 ******* times? beating forrest griffen by SPLIT? OMG PATRICK COTE AND VITOR BELFORT! lets not forget the great EVAN TANNER! now wanderlei on the other hand......

i still think chuck is favored because of the consectutive beating poor silva endured, but it'll be much more close then you think.

Post #26   5/29/07 8:00:31PM   

aznteabagger

In Full Mount

aznteabagger Avatar

Career:618-368
Chips:

Posted by hughesfan1

that would be great Liddell would own Wandy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

did you say that bout matt hughes vs gsp?
that would be great hughes would own gsp!!!!!!!!!

Last edited 5/29/07 8:36PM server time by aznteabagger
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #27   5/29/07 8:30:06PM   

njekul

Learning to Sprawl

njekul Avatar

Career:131-65
Chips:
Chucks done light heavy is to stacked now. chuck should retire before he looks stupit.

Post #28   5/29/07 9:23:33PM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,590-1,480
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by Vietnamese_Guy

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

So are we comparing OWGP cro-cop to chuck now? even after seeing how chuck got dismantled by basic boxing technique by rampage? Cro-cop's striking is beyond chucks level and if it wasn't for his tendency for taking some fights lightly, he would be ufc champion my friend. Lets compare that to the hardcore strikers that chuck has faced. Randy, Ortiz, and that loser babalau, lets not forget jeremy horn! My what a fantastic array of excellent standup fighters we have here.

you are an idiot, you make sweeping general statement and pass them off as facts, "Pride is so much better because nick diaz beat gomi" and "haha ortiz has grown more as a fighter then wandy." Those are excellent points and i'll return the favor for you. 2 pride rejects now hold a UFC belt, Gomi likes to not train for his fights, and pride as an organization sucks testicles. Tito ortiz got a title shot for what? beating a aging and obsolete shamrock 3 ******* times? beating forrest griffen by SPLIT? OMG PATRICK COTE AND VITOR BELFORT! lets not forget the great EVAN TANNER! now wanderlei on the other hand......

i still think chuck is favored because of the consectutive beating poor silva endured, but it'll be much more close then you think.

its admirable that you came to your boyfriend's defense, but to belittle evan tanner who has been in there with and beaten many top fighters is ridiculous. i think its aout time that the nuthugging for pride and ufc stops.....THEY ARE THE SAME DAMN THING NOW so who cares if a guy was in pride or ufc first, the fact is when they matchup we will see who the better man is plain and simple.

Post #29   5/30/07 2:40:17PM   

iwannabesedated

banned

iwannabesedated Avatar

Career:575-327
Chips:

Posted by njekul

Chucks done light heavy is to stacked now. chuck should retire before he looks stupit.

I just love people who write someone off after a loss.....Wandy got KTFO in his last two fights...Brutally KTFO by Cro Cop and Hendo....Lidell took a good blast to the face but it wasnt Brutal like the LHK that Mirko gave to Wandy...so your saying Chuck is done cause he has 4 career losses 3 of which he avenged..Rampages style is was throws chuck off...he cut the octagon off and forced chuck to throw and miss and then JABLAM punch to the face...and 11 of Wandys wins have come against guys who dont even have winning records in MMA...I hope to hell to this fight happens so we can see Chuck start that Lawnmower on wandys Head or whatever that thing u call on his shoulders..i dont take anything away from any fighter and im not a pride or Ufc nuthugger..i enjoy MMA...but this fight needs to happen so we can all either A,) shut the f**k up about it or B.) talk shit on whatever fighter loses...either way..lets hope it happens.all im gonna say is if it does happen and Chuck wins...im sure the talk will start that..OHHHHH the only reason chuck won cause its the octagon or some other piss poor excuse...i just hope it happens...so Dana...er Joe make this shit happen

Post #30   5/30/07 6:53:43PM   

Page 2 of 3     1     2     3