Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Dana White Says Liddell To Fight Wanderlei Silva Next

Print  
  Page 1 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

zephead

The Dancer

zephead Avatar

Career:541-400
Camp: Ground'N'Pound
Chips:
Liddell said after he planned to continue fighting, with UFC president Dana White saying Brazilian Wanderlei Silva would be his likely next opponent.

LINK

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

Post #1   5/28/07 8:44:25AM   

hughesfan1

MMA Regular

hughesfan1 Avatar

Career:271-156
Camp: UFC 4 Life
Chips:
that would be great Liddell would own Wandy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post #2   5/28/07 11:12:41AM   

Junior24

MMA Regular

Junior24 Avatar

Career:168-143
Camp: FightClub
Chips:
Looks like Chuck is going to have a long road back to the title

Post #3   5/28/07 11:56:00AM   

KYGUY07

In Full Mount

KYGUY07 Avatar

Career:896-560
Camp: Ultimate Fighter Top Team
Chips:
I really hope that this fight happens, but what about Wandy taking the whole year off. I would like to see Chuck fight again before 2008.

Post #4   5/28/07 11:59:20AM   

Manfred

MMA Sensei

Manfred Avatar

Career:596-351
Chips:
Someone has to play the devil's advocate...

Now that they (esp. Wandy) are damaged goods?? The great debate of the last 5 years is finally going to happen? That ship has sailed for me.

Wandy was in back-to-back wars ending with hard KO. He's not going to be there mentally. Chuck to a lesser extent because is was a flash KO. But still.

Post #5   5/28/07 12:22:05PM   

THE_AXE_MURDERER

MMA Regular

THE_AXE_MURDERER Avatar

Career:76-48
Camp: Rascal Fight Team
Chips:
Wanderlei by KO if Jackson couldnt beat Wanderlei how is Chuck

Post #6   5/28/07 12:32:30PM   

Primo

MMA Regular

Primo Avatar

Career:20-17
Camp: Team Pride
Chips:

Posted by hughesfan1

that would be great Liddell would own Wandy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol uhhh yeah just like he owned rampage and all the other strikers he has fought right??? as long as wanderlei doesnt come out gun shy and lets his hands go (unlike what he did against hendo) he will beat chuck soundly

Post #7   5/28/07 1:04:20PM   

zephead

The Dancer

zephead Avatar

Career:541-400
Camp: Ground'N'Pound
Chips:

Posted by THE_AXE_MURDERER

Styles make fights. Jackson's downfall is knee's. Wandy's downfall is strikers who can throw straight punches to counter his wildness. If we use your logic, Chuck beat Vitor, while Vitor owned Wandy. So how can Wandy beat Chuck? Chuck beat Tito twice while Wandy lost to Tito.

Let's see, Jackson beat Arona but Wandy lost to him once. It's all about the style.

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

Post #8   5/28/07 1:22:10PM   

iwannabesedated

banned

iwannabesedated Avatar

Career:575-327
Chips:

Posted by zephead

Posted by THE_AXE_MURDERER

Styles make fights. Jackson's downfall is knee's. Wandy's downfall is strikers who can throw straight punches to counter his wildness. If we use your logic, Chuck beat Vitor, while Vitor owned Wandy. So how can Wandy beat Chuck? Chuck beat Tito twice while Wandy lost to Tito.

Let's see, Jackson beat Arona but Wandy lost to him once. It's all about the style.

Post #9   5/28/07 1:49:26PM   

Primo

MMA Regular

Primo Avatar

Career:20-17
Camp: Team Pride
Chips:
i don't agree what so ever...silva and belfort was almost 10 years ago...that shouldnt even be brought up.

i agree that straight punches cause silva problems, however silva has became a counter puncher, that's how he beat rampage the second time. whenever you make chuck come forward he's in trouble. chuck hasn't faced near as many strikers has silva has, and has had major problems with every single one.

i think silva is in way better shape then chuck, and is way better on the ground. when you take it all into account i don't see any way that chuck can beat silva, sure he could catch him with a straight right, but chuck has problems with looping hooks. watch the second fight against tito and the first against couture, chuck keeps his hands at his waist, unlike wanderlei, and ALWAYS gets caught by hooks. if he thought rampage hit hard, wait til he eats a hook from silva. silva by ko.

Image Attachment(s):

Photo Attachment 1

Post #10   5/28/07 2:30:44PM   

iwannabesedated

banned

iwannabesedated Avatar

Career:575-327
Chips:

Posted by Primo

i don't agree what so ever...silva and belfort was almost 10 years ago...that shouldnt even be brought up.

i agree that straight punches cause silva problems, however silva has became a counter puncher, that's how he beat rampage the second time. whenever you make chuck come forward he's in trouble. chuck hasn't faced near as many strikers has silva has, and has had major problems with every single one.

i think silva is in way better shape then chuck, and is way better on the ground. when you take it all into account i don't see any way that chuck can beat silva, sure he could catch him with a straight right, but chuck has problems with looping hooks. watch the second fight against tito and the first against couture, chuck keeps his hands at his waist, unlike wanderlei, and ALWAYS gets caught by hooks. if he thought rampage hit hard, wait til he eats a hook from silva. silva by ko.

Normally Nuthuggers dont agree...

Post #11   5/28/07 3:10:30PM   

whhh88

Learning to Sprawl

Career:97-88
Chips:
Chuck/Wandy will probably end up happening in either October (on supposably the same card as Henderson/Rampage). Not exactly a year, but it'll be (in my opinion) enough time for Wanderlei to rest and get ready for Liddell.

Post #12   5/28/07 3:21:44PM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Career:802-575
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:
I called it!

Image Attachment(s):

Photo Attachment 1

Post #13   5/28/07 6:41:42PM   

HighKick07

Learning to Sprawl

HighKick07 Avatar

Career:778-476
Camp: HighKicksRUs
Chips:
wanderlei all the way!!!!

Post #14   5/28/07 8:39:30PM   

kcaulkins

Learning to Sprawl

Career:361-244
Chips:
wandy could have beaten chuck back in 03 and wandy can beat chuck now. dont think liddell can handle the chute boxe. i give silva props for always stepping up and fighting bigger guys something that liddell talkes about but has never done i dont believe.

Post #15   5/28/07 9:24:37PM   

Page 1 of 3     1     2     3