Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Anderson Silva Taking Rest Of 2012 Off, Looking At Early 2013 Return

Print  
Posted By Message

Manak

Belt Contender

Manak Avatar

Career:164-106
Camp: UFC-PRIDE-MMA
Chips:
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/8/13/3240225/anderson-silva-taking-rest-of-2012-off-looking-at-early-2013-return

"Anderson said he wants to take some time off until after the end of this year, and then we'll start talking to him," White said. "Anderson is going to fight after the end of the year."

wow so already fighting at a whooping rate of twice a yr now he is going to fighting once a yr.

Post #1   8/13/12 11:59:59PM   

meier

Standup Guy

meier Avatar

Career:453-438
Chips:
I dont criticize him for doing so. everyone needs a refreshing everynow and then. yes he doesnt fight but about twice or three times a year but the training is what he is most likely taking a break from. fights(3 times a year, 3 or 5 rounds, 15 to 25 min. a fight) training (7 days a week, 8 hours a day) so yea he may be burned out.

Post #2   8/14/12 2:30:37AM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:
he just took a year off between Okami and Sonnen. He previously took 6 and 7 months off between fights. There is no way he can be "burnt out" because no one trains 7 days a week with no fight booked. They are probably in the gym but not in fight preparation.

Unless he is trying to get the timing right for a super fight with Jones/Hendo winner, he is just saying this so Weidman gets pissed off and takes another fight where Silva hopes and prays he loses. That and he wants to eat more whoppers

Last edited 8/14/12 7:34AM server time by bubbles
Edit note/reason: n/a

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #3   8/14/12 7:33:38AM   

meier

Standup Guy

meier Avatar

Career:453-438
Chips:

Unless he is trying to get the timing right for a super fight with Jones/Hendo winner, he is just saying this so Weidman gets pissed off and takes another fight where Silva hopes and prays he loses. That and he wants to eat more whoppers 
i doubt it

Last edited 8/14/12 11:47AM server time by meier
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #4   8/14/12 11:38:44AM   

bigrand826

MMA Regular

bigrand826 Avatar

Career:833-506
Chips:

Posted by meier

I dont criticize him for doing so. everyone needs a refreshing everynow and then. yes he doesnt fight but about twice or three times a year but the training is what he is most likely taking a break from. fights(3 times a year, 3 or 5 rounds, 15 to 25 min. a fight) training (7 days a week, 8 hours a day) so yea he may be burned out.

Well, I never pegged Anderson as the type that trains his butt off in between fights. Also, I can't remember the last time he fought 3 times in one year. On top of that, he typically doesn't even make it to the third round unless he is purposely dragging it out (outside of the first fight with Sonnen). He typically takes around 6 months between fights. I don't have a big problem with that when there isn't a fight to be made, but I feel like there is one.

Now, he has been fighting for years and years, but again, he hasn't been fighting a lot or having a lot of wars. Even though he has lived in the US, I don't think he has adopted Thanksgiving. Forgive my ignorance, but do Brazilians have some national holiday during the last half of the year where they eat a lot? Maybe that is the motivation around not wanting to fight until sometime next year. Having to watch your weight during the holidays would be hell.

Post #5   8/14/12 2:13:43PM   

BuffaloDave

Heavyweight Champ

BuffaloDave Avatar

Career:891-507
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
It doesn't bother me at all, I look at it like is, with him only fighting once a year, it may prolong his fighting career. Plus less of a chance for his "Injuries" to happen while training.

Post #6   8/14/12 2:36:34PM   

Manak

Belt Contender

Manak Avatar

Career:164-106
Camp: UFC-PRIDE-MMA
Chips:

Posted by bigrand826

Posted by meier

Well, I never pegged Anderson as the type that trains his butt off in between fights. Also, I can't remember the last time he fought 3 times in one year. On top of that, he typically doesn't even make it to the third round unless he is purposely dragging it out (outside of the first fight with Sonnen). He typically takes around 6 months between fights. I don't have a big problem with that when there isn't a fight to be made, but I feel like there is one.

Now, he has been fighting for years and years, but again, he hasn't been fighting a lot or having a lot of wars. Even though he has lived in the US, I don't think he has adopted Thanksgiving. Forgive my ignorance, but do Brazilians have some national holiday during the last half of the year where they eat a lot? Maybe that is the motivation around not wanting to fight until sometime next year. Having to watch your weight during the holidays would be hell.

last time he fought 3 times in a yr, it was 2008. his avg is 2.57 fights per yr over his mma career. i have only ever seen anderson take damage in one fight (cheal 1); outside that he barley gets touched.

Post #7   8/14/12 6:43:49PM   

tmas

Belt Contender

tmas Avatar

Career:1,071-844
Chips:
he wouldnt have fought until very late 2012 early 2013 anyway.

he is getting older and it takes more time to heal even small injuries, he wants time off, give it to him he will still fight early 2013 like he originally planned there just making sure everyone knows.

Post #8   8/17/12 5:31:45PM