Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Rashad Evans On His Future, Middleweight, and Chael Sonnen

Print  
Posted By Message

lohmann

A Black Belt in Jiu-Jitsu

lohmann Avatar

Career:1,603-874
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
There's been a lot of talk about former Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) Light Heavyweight Champion Rashad Evans dropping down in weight to test his might against some of the world's top 185-pounders.

From his discussion with MMA Live:

"I'm ready. I stay ready. Chael will always be an interesting fight, but we work together a lot for FUEL TV, so I don't know if it will happen. Besides, I think Chael might be going up [in weight]. I'm never one to back away from a fight, so if Chael wants to come up, we gotta do it. Ultimately, [I'd like to fight someone like] Anderson Silva, but I would have to establish myself in the weight class, so they say. I don't know. As a matter of fact, Dana White, CALL ME! Joe Silva, CALL ME! I just wanna fight the best competitors. It's really hard to go down a weight class after you lost a fight, it doesn't leave a good taste in your mouth, so I may have to get one back at 205 before I go down to any weight class."

article and video

Post #1   8/13/12 10:11:34AM   

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,471-1,565
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Chael Sonnen had no problem fighting and doing shows with Brian Stann so I know he wouldn't have a problem with Rashad. Maybe they could do a catchweight at 195 to allow both of them ample time to adapt to their new weight classes.

Post #2   8/13/12 10:31:49AM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:983-570
Chips:
I want to see both of these guys crushing faces. I'm very okay with them crushing each others faces

Post #3   8/13/12 10:57:08AM   

sparky

AV BET Record: 38-9

sparky Avatar

Career:2,656-1,459
Camp: Team Fry Guy
Chips:
I feel the same way about Rashad dropping down in weight as I do Frankie, when your in the top 5 for the weight class your fighting in right now dropping down just doesn't make much sense

Post #4   8/13/12 1:17:02PM   

hashyandy4

Super MW King S.O.G.

hashyandy4 Avatar

Career:604-324
Chips:
I would luv to see Rashad at 185

Post #5   8/13/12 2:02:03PM   

tcunningham

Combat Sport and Fitness

tcunningham Avatar

Career:508-351
Chips:
i think rashad has no other options than to drop down. i get the argument for him not dropping down being in the top 5 and all, but a guy like rashad will never be satisfied without a belt and he has another chance to get that at MW. he's gonna have to do it if he wants another title shot

Post #6   8/13/12 2:02:49PM   

frizzzlecake

MMA Sensei

frizzzlecake Avatar

Career:474-286
Chips:
185 Suga vs. Weidman number one contender match.

If Weidman wins he's done more than enough and will silence the critics, if Suga win's He just beat a top guy in the division and a former champ.

If Rashad beat Anderson, would love to see Lyoto make the weight change.(Because Lyoto is going to get killed by bones again.)

Post #7   8/13/12 4:39:25PM   

infestructure

NOW KITH

infestructure Avatar

Career:715-434
Chips:

Posted by frizzzlecake

If Weidman wins he's done more than enough and will silence the critics, if Suga win's He just beat a top guy in the division and a former champ.

If Rashad beat Anderson, would love to see Lyoto make the weight change.(Because Lyoto is going to get killed by bones again.)

Weidman's a former champ?

And Lyoto will beat Jones next time around

Post #8   8/13/12 6:35:40PM   

FlashyG

MMA Sensei

FlashyG Avatar

Career:2,135-1,197
Chips:

Posted by infestructure

Posted by frizzzlecake

Weidman's a former champ?

And Lyoto will beat Jones next time around

Not in the UFC, but he was the champion in "Ring of Combat"

Post #9   8/13/12 6:54:35PM