Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

The Official 2012 NFL Season Thread

Print  
  Page 25 of 39   <<   22     23     24     25     26     27     28   >>
Posted By Message

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Posted by BuffaloDave

On a side note, Gilmore probably had his best game yet, and Mario is looking better and better. I don't know if I fire Buddy Nix, he has done alright with his drafting and signings, he just needs to stop standing by Chan and Wanny.

Yeah it's nice to see some guys on defense step it up. I'd fire Nix if he doesn't fire Gailey and the O and D co-ordinators...that way they will be gone regardless. I like his recent drafts, but he needs to get a new WR, LB, QB, S/CB in that order.

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #361   11/26/12 12:20:04AM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:1,007-579
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
If Steve Smith and Cam Newton collectively don't exceed 21 points I will go 0-3 the last 3 weeks straight...and lost 60 on the pack last night

Post #362   11/26/12 9:43:40AM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,487-1,427
Chips:

Posted by Shawn91111

Giants really coming off the bye week strong.

That was brutal to watch as a Packer fan. I expected a shootout but it ended up being a firing line.

Post #363   11/26/12 11:15:22AM   

BuffaloDave

Heavyweight Champ

BuffaloDave Avatar

Career:871-496
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by BuffaloDave

On a side note, Gilmore probably had his best game yet, and Mario is looking better and better. I don't know if I fire Buddy Nix, he has done alright with his drafting and signings, he just needs to stop standing by Chan and Wanny.

Yeah it's nice to see some guys on defense step it up. I'd fire Nix if he doesn't fire Gailey and the O and D co-ordinators...that way they will be gone regardless. I like his recent drafts, but he needs to get a new WR, LB, QB, S/CB in that order.

I'd go LB, QB, WR, CB

Receivers are a dime a dozen, especially if you have a QB that can throw the ball, and not Shitzpatrick. We need help there, but other needs are more important.

QB, well we know where the team stands there, I say cut Shitz, sign a Veteran and draft another. I would consider Vick, he is all but likely to get cut, our O-line can definitely protect him, he wouldn't get knocked out of every game and have time to throw the ball.

CB, we really just need a vet here too, Gilmore is already a decent starter, just gonna get better, he just needs a CB that can help him develop. Williams is a waste of a roster space, but again, if we had a vet than could stay healthy and practice with these two, he actually might get better, McGee never stays healthy to teach the young guys anything, and McKelvin never was a good CB, just a okay backup, great returner though. Brooks looks like he can be alright too. Just need that veteran presence and better coaches and this young group will be alright.

LB is one of our biggest problems, has been for awhile too. They are slow, and have problems making tackles. Barnett isn't playing like he did last year. Part of it is the coaching, but there still isn't much skill there.

Post #364   11/26/12 12:32:58PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Chips:
It would be nice if Fitz had someone he can throw to that isn't Stevie. Double team him and whoever the RB is and there goes the Bills passing game. I'd love to see Chandler be involved more but I have no faith in any of the other receivers to step up. Poor route running and too many dropped passes puts way more pressure on Fitz to make a throw than there needs to be. I don't think he is the problem, if they allow Spiller to carry more than 12x a game (and more than 8 a half) and design more plays to Chandler then Fitz will be fine. If the defense (up until last week) could stop teams from scoring 30+ a game, then again there will be less pressure on Fitz. Vick is a horrible option, might as well use Vince Young instead (he'll be a cheaper shit QB). If Rivers or Romo become expendable, I'd rather have them.

Barnett is having a down year, but that can be said about 8-9 other guys on that starting defense. I think we need better OLB with more speed and someone who can be a vocal leader out there.

Buffalo's management has let all of their defensive studs walk away over the last few years. London Fletcher and Nate Clements come to mind...how much better would Buffalo be if they weren't such penny pinchers?

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #365   11/26/12 2:21:50PM   

BuffaloDave

Heavyweight Champ

BuffaloDave Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

It would be nice if Fitz had someone he can throw to that isn't Stevie. Double team him and whoever the RB is and there goes the Bills passing game. I'd love to see Chandler be involved more but I have no faith in any of the other receivers to step up. Poor route running and too many dropped passes puts way more pressure on Fitz to make a throw than there needs to be. I don't think he is the problem, if they allow Spiller to carry more than 12x a game (and more than 8 a half) and design more plays to Chandler then Fitz will be fine. If the defense (up until last week) could stop teams from scoring 30+ a game, then again there will be less pressure on Fitz. Vick is a horrible option, might as well use Vince Young instead (he'll be a cheaper shit QB). If Rivers or Romo become expendable, I'd rather have them.

Barnett is having a down year, but that can be said about 8-9 other guys on that starting defense. I think we need better OLB with more speed and someone who can be a vocal leader out there.

Buffalo's management has let all of their defensive studs walk away over the last few years. London Fletcher and Nate Clements come to mind...how much better would Buffalo be if they weren't such penny pinchers?

I agree management is by far the biggest problem over the past decade. But disagree about Fitz, he can not handle the game under pressure at all! He has no arm whatsoever, Always over throws the receivers, or under throws on simple little slants. In order for him to throw a tight ball, he has to rifle it out, which leads to a lot of batted down balls. There are some big drops by some guys, Stevie included, but for the most part, Fitz. is screwing up more than the receivers. Will also agree, Chandler needs to see the ball more, 8-10 targets a game for him alone, and the passing game would be better.

Big problem with Fitz and Gailey too, is that after 2 years, teams have realized how to play them, with him not having an arm, teams know that the ball is coming out quick now, it's pretty easy to play against us in the passing game.

Last edited 11/26/12 3:27PM server time by buffalodave
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #366   11/26/12 3:24:16PM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:1,214-788
Camp: The Original Gangsters
Chips:
Philly is not looking good right now.

Post #367   11/26/12 9:01:26PM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,487-1,427
Chips:

Posted by george112

Andy Reid and Mike Holmgren reunited in Dallas next year??? I don't know how likely it is, but I wouldn't shit my pants if it happened either. Granted I am getting up there in age compared to most people on here, so shitting in my pants might happen without me being surprised by something anyway.

Post #368   11/27/12 3:36:59AM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Chips:

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by george112

Andy Reid and Mike Holmgren reunited in Dallas next year??? I don't know how likely it is, but I wouldn't shit my pants if it happened either. Granted I am getting up there in age compared to most people on here, so shitting in my pants might happen without me being surprised by something anyway.

Sean Peyton is getting that Dallas job. Andy Reid will be in Buffalo next year. John Gruden will be the new Lions coach. Holmgren will be in Philly. Chan Gailey will be in KC.

I gotta have something right

Post #369   11/27/12 10:05:18AM   

BuffaloDave

Heavyweight Champ

BuffaloDave Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by george112

Sean Peyton is getting that Dallas job. Andy Reid will be in Buffalo next year. John Gruden will be the new Lions coach. Holmgren will be in Philly. Chan Gailey will be in KC.

I gotta have something right

You forgot Cowher to Carolina.

Really hope Reid comes to Buffalo. We tried to court some big time coaches before hiring Chan, with some of new pieces, and the Bills finally started to spend money, a big time coach, is more likely to come here.

Post #370   11/27/12 10:30:03AM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:1,007-579
Chips:

Posted by BuffaloDave

Really hope Reid comes to Buffalo. We tried to court some big time coaches before hiring Chan, with some of new pieces, and the Bills finally started to spend money, a big time coach, is more likely to come here.

At least in Buffalo you wouldn't have to worry about him having his running qb passing horribly all the time

Post #371   11/27/12 10:32:53AM   

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Career:1,424-810
Chips:
as much as I'd like to see Payton go to Dallas, he will not leave NOLA & Brees under these circumstances.

If the bountygate scenario had not happened, * think he would have left, but i do not see him leaving that team under these circumstances

UFC 151: Never Forget

Post #372   11/27/12 2:32:07PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Chips:

Posted by airkerma

Posted by BuffaloDave

At least in Buffalo you wouldn't have to worry about him having his running qb passing horribly all the time

just at key points in the game, like late 4th quarter drives to tie or take the lead

Maybe Rex and Rob Ryan will coach together in Arizona

Last edited 11/27/12 3:43PM server time by bubbles
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #373   11/27/12 3:41:26PM   

BuffaloDave

Heavyweight Champ

BuffaloDave Avatar

Chips:
Eagles cut Babin

Post #374   11/27/12 8:44:07PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Chips:

Posted by BuffaloDave

Eagles cut Babin

Jags claim him off waivers

Post #375   11/28/12 11:45:45PM   

Page 25 of 39   <<   22     23     24     25     26     27     28   >>