Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Anyone else ever encounter one of these..?

Print  
  Page 3 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:2,062-1,210
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
These finds of guys are a dime a dozen. They wear their shirts everyday along with their tapout hats. It's not the Tapout stuff that's funny, its that the only reason some wear it is because they want people to THINK they know fighting. I always ask them what they think of so and so. Few have a clue. I have 1 buddy that I watch fights with and we don't like watching with anyone else because all they do is talk through the who Damn card

I have another buddy that doesn't really care about the fights until its a party and then he shoes up. Be k led that I'm a fanatic about it so for my birthday this year he bought me Tapout shirts that were gangster sized. I almost laughed because I thought it was a home but he was serious. Let's just say I don't wear them outside the house. The only cloths I have that are MMA related are said shorts and a RVCA Belfort walkout shirt that is in constant rotation. So many people ask if I like soccer because it looks like a soccer teams crest. Fuck no its not a soccer shirt. It's an MMA fighter, dipshit. I bought a Hughe shirt about 6 years ago but never wore it along with a few others.

The shirt I REALLY want is a PRIDEFC shirt but all these "MMA fans" would just think I was gay

Last edited 8/10/12 3:20PM server time by prophecy033
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #31   8/10/12 3:13:34PM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:1,258-821
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
This is the only MMA shirt I have ever owned

Post #32   8/10/12 3:27:14PM   

Budgellism

Randy

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,900-1,652
Chips:

Posted by JLS1980

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by infestructure

It irks me that people automatically think 'douchebag' when they see TapOut gear. It's no different from wearing surf brands or skate brands.

In New Zealand its a bit different. People are like... "you're into Manual Metal Arc welding? How quaint."
We don't get those douches you are talking about.
We do get them when it comes to boxing though, wearing Everlast.

I wear my tap out shirts proud

Just wondering does that make me a D-bag that I have 4 fighter worn walkout shirts? 2 GSP, 1 Frankie Edgar , and 1 Dustin Poirier. I don't wear them all the time but was gonna support Frankie this Saturday by wearing his walkout shirt. Man those things are expensive. My girlfriend bought me all of them for Father's day. She said they were roughly $35 for the Poirier and Edgar and $45 for the GSP ones.

The majority of my shirts are mma related tbh. It's my favourite sport so why not I say. My favourite shirt I wear is this one

The D-bags are the ones who act really tough because they're wearing them. Or they act like they know everything there is to know about mma because they watch UFC cards every now and then. Don't get me wrong, I think the casual fans are just as important as the hardcore fans and I don't think I'm better than any other fan just because I'm obsessed with the sport. Just don't tell me your favourite ufc fighter is Ronda Rousey because she has a nice ass and then try and tell me Randy Couture could beat Anderson Silva in a fight.

Last edited 8/10/12 3:41PM server time by budgellism

Post #33   8/10/12 3:39:50PM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-505
Chips:

Posted by Pookie

I like to make bets with those kinds of people. By some kind of reverse anti-luck i run into somewhat knowledgeable people that i cant take advantage of more often than not.

lol, I got someone, not one of those people, but basically just a guy who is willing to gamble randomly and knew nothing about the sport to bet me twice on the same card. It was UFC 76, and we bet on Liddell/Jardine and Shogun/Griffin.

Can anyone guess who I picked and how those bets wound up for me?

Post #34   8/10/12 4:50:00PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,530-1,341
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
I educate my fellow co workers on MMA
Like a teacher. I enjoy it. At night that's all we talk about now is MMA and Ufc.

I do own a couple tap out shirts. But I was already awesome before that.

Post #35   8/11/12 1:10:01AM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,530-1,341
Chips:

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by JLS1980

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by infestructure

It irks me that people automatically think 'douchebag' when they see TapOut gear. It's no different from wearing surf brands or skate brands.

In New Zealand its a bit different. People are like... "you're into Manual Metal Arc welding? How quaint."
We don't get those douches you are talking about.
We do get them when it comes to boxing though, wearing Everlast.

I wear my tap out shirts proud

I own over 30 MMA signature shirts. I collect them

Hell I got Joe Stevensons and even Luis cane sig t shirts

Just wondering does that make me a D-bag that I have 4 fighter worn walkout shirts? 2 GSP, 1 Frankie Edgar , and 1 Dustin Poirier. I don't wear them all the time but was gonna support Frankie this Saturday by wearing his walkout shirt. Man those things are expensive. My girlfriend bought me all of them for Father's day. She said they were roughly $35 for the Poirier and Edgar and $45 for the GSP ones.

The majority of my shirts are mma related tbh. It's my favourite sport so why not I say. My favourite shirt I wear is this one

The D-bags are the ones who act really tough because they're wearing them. Or they act like they know everything there is to know about mma because they watch UFC cards every now and then. Don't get me wrong, I think the casual fans are just as important as the hardcore fans and I don't think I'm better than any other fan just because I'm obsessed with the sport. Just don't tell me your favourite ufc fighter is Ronda Rousey because she has a nice ass and then try and tell me Randy Couture could beat Anderson Silva in a fight.

Post #36   8/11/12 1:13:37AM   

ChrisSabal

Go Cubs Go!

ChrisSabal Avatar

Career:807-565
Camp: TKO
Chips:
I've had several encounters with people like this. One of my most memorable encounters is when Cain beat Lesnar I was in a very Mexican populated town(Aurora, Illinois) and I was at their Buffalo Wild Wings. When I was walking out I was talking to my friend and I said Cain's title reign won't last too long as I think JDS will beat him. Some guy(around my age so like 17 at the time I think) said that there is no way JDS can beat Cain because all JDS can do is strike and his striking isn't even that good. So I laughed and said ok we will see about that.

Another encounter I had was when all the Kimbo TUF shit was going on. I put on Facebook on how Roy Nelson is going to crush Kimbo. Some kid kept arguing with me on how Kimbo is actually good. Even after Kimbo lost he kept talking about how Kimbo is good and how he has been watching 'UFC' for a while and he knows what he is talking about.

Goodness I don't think there is anything worse than talking with someone about a sport, whether it be basketball, hockey, football, MMA, etc., and they have no idea what they are talking about.

Post #37   8/11/12 2:28:48AM   

State_Champ

MMA Sensei

State_Champ Avatar

Career:1,492-882
Camp: The Evil Empire
Chips:

Posted by ChrisSabal

...Goodness I don't think there is anything worse than talking with someone about a sport, whether it be basketball, hockey, football, MMA, etc., and they have no idea what they are talking about.

There is.

Post #38   8/11/12 8:57:14AM   

aussiemma

Soup is not a meal

aussiemma Avatar

Career:713-394
Chips:

Posted by State_Champ

Posted by ChrisSabal

...Goodness I don't think there is anything worse than talking with someone about a sport, whether it be basketball, hockey, football, MMA, etc., and they have no idea what they are talking about.

There is.

Post #39   8/11/12 9:08:02AM   

twodragunns

Learning to Sprawl

twodragunns Avatar

Career:1,533-813
Chips:
One of my favorite mma shirts

Image Attachment(s):

Photo Attachment 1

Last edited 8/11/12 9:27AM server time by twodragunns
2 total post edits

Post #40   8/11/12 9:24:38AM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:746-420
Chips:

Posted by twodragunns

One of my favorite mma shirts

I have the same one!

Post #41   8/11/12 11:45:55AM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:1,067-623
Chips:

Posted by Rabi

I wear MMA T shirts and I have 1 hoody, the only reason I dont have more is money.

You can order them online for 20ish or so, but I seem to remember seeing Xtreme Couture for like 40$ for a T shirt. Highway robbery.

Post #42   8/11/12 12:12:20PM   

ChrisSabal

Go Cubs Go!

ChrisSabal Avatar

Career:807-565
Camp: TKO
Chips:

Posted by State_Champ

Posted by ChrisSabal

There is.

not in my life considering I don't think I'll ever be shot, stabbed, raped, etc. anytime soon because my town has about 2 crimes a year.

Plus dumb people give me headaches. No one likes headaches.

Post #43   8/11/12 12:33:38PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,566-910
Chips:
I love my MMA shirts. I have several tap out shirts and a couple affliction shirts.

I usually buy them when I'm at events live though. Kind of like a memento.

I have dealt with so many people like this that I've lost count. New guys regularly come to my gym because they want to "train UFC" and then they quit after a month because they don't like getting beat up.

Post #44   8/12/12 12:45:20AM   

Page 3 of 3     1     2     3