Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Frankie Edgar: It Doesn’t Feel Right Not Being the Champion

Print  
Posted By Message

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:2,114-1,232
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Everybody in the world has routines.

Whether it’s waking up in the morning and having a cup of coffee or always turning on programs in a certain order when starting a computer, life is built around routines.

From April 2010 to February 26 2012, Frankie Edgar‘s routine was going to bed at night and waking up in the morning as the UFC lightweight champion of the world. Edgar got used to having that title around his waist and being referred to as ‘champ’ or the best in the world.

But since losing the belt to Benson Henderson back in February, Edgar’s new routine hasn’t suited him nearly as well. It’s a taste that’s hard to swallow and one he hopes to rectify this weekend at UFC 150 in Denver.

“It definitely doesn’t feel right,” Edgar said about not being champion when speaking to MMAWeekly Radio. “Especially when people say ‘former UFC world champion’. You try not to put everything on world titles and what not, but being champ is nice.

Link

Post #1   8/7/12 11:02:47PM   

tcunningham

Combat Sport and Fitness

tcunningham Avatar

Career:535-379
Chips:
get used to it

Post #2   8/8/12 1:59:46AM   

Manak

Belt Contender

Manak Avatar

Career:164-106
Camp: UFC-PRIDE-MMA
Chips:
I like to eat my cake too but shit anit always perfect

Post #3   8/8/12 3:23:04AM   

UFC_Fanatic

Belt Contender

UFC_Fanatic Avatar

Career:1,554-951
Camp: Playground Bullies
Chips:

Posted by tcunningham

get used to it

I don't see the fight this weekend happening much differently than the first. I think Henderson is going to push the pace and control the center of the octagon in route to another decision victory over Frankie. Maybe then Frankie will drop to FW. Unfortunately he wouldn't be in a much better position there because I don't see anybody dethroning Aldo anytime soon. That said, Frankie has the heart of a champion, and if there is a way for him to try and dig deep and pull out a win this weekend, you can bet your bottom dollar he is going to be reaching for every single second of the fight. The dude has no quit in him.

Post #4   8/8/12 4:53:19AM   

sparky

AV BET Record: 42-10

sparky Avatar

Career:2,914-1,601
Camp: Team Fry Guy
Chips:
I personally think Frankie won the first time they fought, he just doesnt wear damage well.

Post #5   8/8/12 5:59:38PM