Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Sheriff still gathering evidence in barfight allegedly involving UFC's Chad Mendes

Print  
Will Mendes be cut if found guilty?
Yes 3 18%
No 14 82%
Posted By Message

infestructure

NOW KITH

infestructure Avatar

Career:734-445
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
MMA JUNKIE ARTICLE

The Kings County Sheriff's Office is gathering additional evidence before deciding whether to request charges against onetime UFC featherweight challenger Chad Mendes.

"There are still more witness interviews," Assistant Sheriff Dave Putnam told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com). "We've learned that there's possibly a video from the bar that we need to try and get our hands on. So the case is not ready to be submitted to the district attorney yet to see if there's possible charges."

Mendes has denied wrongdoing after allegations surfaced of his involvement in a bar brawl more than a week ago in Hanford, Calif.

The brawl took place July 28 at the Lacey Inn Bar in Hanford and involved 40 people. It was later broken up by local authorities. Mendes was sought for questioning when it was alleged that he sucker-punched a bar patron and ran away.

"While Chad acknowledges that an incident occurred last Saturday in Hanford, he contends that the majority of the facts pertaining to him in the story are absolutely false," read a statement released this past week by his management company, MMA Inc

Last edited 8/7/12 8:19PM server time by infestructure
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #1   8/7/12 8:17:51PM   

JLS1980

Warren > Dantas

JLS1980 Avatar

Career:1,346-713
Chips:
Hopefully his involvement wasn't that serious and nothing much will amount from this. I don't know all the facts so we'll have to sit and wait. Chad Mendes is a talented dude and would probably be the FW champ if it wasn't for a guy by the name of Jose Aldo in his division.

Also there was a piece of that article that said he sucker punched somebody and took off running. I don't know about you guys but I find that hard to believe. I guess we'll see.

Post #2   8/7/12 9:06:43PM   

infestructure

NOW KITH

infestructure Avatar

Chips:

Posted by JLS1980

Also there was a piece of that article that said he sucker punched somebody and took off running. I don't know about you guys but I find that hard to believe. I guess we'll see.

Well it shows how much he hates the stand up

Post #3   8/7/12 9:16:33PM   

meier

Standup Guy

meier Avatar

Career:453-438
Chips:
I wish stuff like this wouldnt be posted...its garbage...not mma news

Post #4   8/8/12 12:13:59AM   

infestructure

NOW KITH

infestructure Avatar

Chips:

Posted by meier

When an MMA fighter is in the news, it's MMA news.

Post #5   8/8/12 3:28:41AM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:1,067-623
Chips:

Posted by infestructure

Posted by meier

When an MMA fighter is in the news, it's MMA news.

The possible future of an MMA fighter isn't news but Tito saying in his prime he thinks he could have beat Jones is news? Or any of the things Dana says are news, when they are recanted half the time?

Post #6   8/8/12 9:39:33AM