Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

What is Shogun's deal?

Print  
  Page 3 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

lll-lll

Standup Guy

lll-lll Avatar

Career:885-523
Camp: The UFC Nutriders
Chips:

Posted by crushedbacon

[

Oh wow, look its a totally unbiased Shogun nuthugger. Complete with Shogun avatard, excuses or denial of every loss, posters on his wall and Shoguns wang planted firmly in his...... Anyways......

Why is it a grown man (I assume you are grown) has to nutride a fighter like this? I have a list of favorites such as Jones, Arlovski, Cain, Gray, Arona, Glover, and many more. You will NEVER catch me making excuses for their losses or spewing on like this garbage here. Arlovski has the worst chin ever. I htink Cain's is bad as well. Glover will have issues with speed and size. Id guess Jones and Gust slaughter him. Gray has been boring in manyh fights. Arona is the most boring fighter in MMA history! I can enjoy watching fighters without becoming a 5 year old. Why cant everyone?

5 year old? Dude, re-read your opening paragraph, and then you conclude you're post with a lesson in maturity. Right...

Is it possible for someone to be a fan, without having guys like you coin people as "nuthuggers" & "nutrider's" ? I hate that term, but you clearly seem to enjoy it, as a member of a fight camp called The UFC Nutrider's...fitting.

By "nutriding" , I'm assuming you mean when I re-hashed his last 8 fights. Does saying the Henderson/Machida decisions were really close and could have went either way make me a biased "nuthugger" Or was it saying that Shogun was rocked early in the Jones fight and wasn't right after that do it? I'm not saying Shogun can take Jones out, I just think he was rocked early and can put a better performance in then he did @ 128.

So what I've gathered from you're post.... from you're persepctive if you display the ability to be critical of a fighter you support, that will clear you of being coined a "nuthugger". So if that's the magic button in you're little bizzaro world...

Ok, Shogun has next to zero TDD, and in long war's get's tired. Feel better?

Oh I recognize the reality of things, that's why your comments.... "Shogun looks awful, ducked Glover, has no heart, doesn''t even want the title shot, mental midget, should have walked through Henderson etc. had to be responded to.

As Chael_Sonnen said earlier, show some respect for a legend.

A nuthugger is someone who has to run to every thread to defend their honor. This is a good example. You whining about me respecting a legend. Do you htink Shogun cares what I think? Is he on here arguing with me? No, but you have to run around like his knight in shining armor. Oh no!!!!!! you can not say anything bad about Shogun!!!! Wahhhhhhh wahhhhh wahh!!!!!!!!!! Grow up man.

As far as the UFC nutriders, it is a sarcastic name for me and my friends who were proclaimed UFC nutriders on another forum by a group of Pride fans.

You claim Shogun's fights with Hendo and Machida were close, but I can take a guess who YOU thought won both fights. I bet if i looked the threads up Id find you whining about the decisions and making excuses for him there too. or how he got rocked vs Jones. LMAO like it was some lucky thing that Jones dominated his ass and rocked him. Your claim that he WOULD DO BETTER is crap. He could easily come in and get finished faster as well. Jones is getting better by the day and Shogun looks worse by the day.

As far as Shogun being a legend, if he keeps this up his legacy will be having the worst cardio in UFC history. The 2 guys who come to mind when it comes to crap cardio are Mir and Shogun. Mir is a HW, so cardio isnt exactly as big of a deal as LHW. The guy has beat some of the best and fought the best, but the way he is going that will be his legacy at this rate. The guy is 30 years old and looks worse than any point in his career. Now all this injury excuse making for years from his fans, and it seems according to his brother that he isnt training properly. Now of course come back and defend his honor and blame his coach.

Post #31   8/8/12 7:20:34PM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:1,007-579
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Take before dinner, once a day. Do not operate heavy machinery until you know how will affect you. Dizziness, nausea, and tunnel vision have been reported by some individuals in double blind studies with compared to a sugar pill. Talk to your doctor to find out if is right for you.

Post #32   8/9/12 10:58:28AM   

Gogoplatapus

MMA Sensei

Gogoplatapus Avatar

Career:894-595
Camp: West Coast Canada
Chips:

Posted by lll-lll

Posted by crushedbacon

[

Oh wow, look its a totally unbiased Shogun nuthugger. Complete with Shogun avatard, excuses or denial of every loss, posters on his wall and Shoguns wang planted firmly in his...... Anyways......

Why is it a grown man (I assume you are grown) has to nutride a fighter like this? I have a list of favorites such as Jones, Arlovski, Cain, Gray, Arona, Glover, and many more. You will NEVER catch me making excuses for their losses or spewing on like this garbage here. Arlovski has the worst chin ever. I htink Cain's is bad as well. Glover will have issues with speed and size. Id guess Jones and Gust slaughter him. Gray has been boring in manyh fights. Arona is the most boring fighter in MMA history! I can enjoy watching fighters without becoming a 5 year old. Why cant everyone?

5 year old? Dude, re-read your opening paragraph, and then you conclude you're post with a lesson in maturity. Right...

Is it possible for someone to be a fan, without having guys like you coin people as "nuthuggers" & "nutrider's" ? I hate that term, but you clearly seem to enjoy it, as a member of a fight camp called The UFC Nutrider's...fitting.

By "nutriding" , I'm assuming you mean when I re-hashed his last 8 fights. Does saying the Henderson/Machida decisions were really close and could have went either way make me a biased "nuthugger" Or was it saying that Shogun was rocked early in the Jones fight and wasn't right after that do it? I'm not saying Shogun can take Jones out, I just think he was rocked early and can put a better performance in then he did @ 128.

So what I've gathered from you're post.... from you're persepctive if you display the ability to be critical of a fighter you support, that will clear you of being coined a "nuthugger". So if that's the magic button in you're little bizzaro world...

Oh I recognize the reality of things, that's why your comments.... "Shogun looks awful, ducked Glover, has no heart, doesn''t even want the title shot, mental midget, should have walked through Henderson etc. had to be responded to.

A nuthugger is someone who has to run to every thread to defend their honor. This is a good example. You whining about me respecting a legend. Do you htink Shogun cares what I think? Is he on here arguing with me? No, but you have to run around like his knight in shining armor. Oh no!!!!!! you can not say anything bad about Shogun!!!! Wahhhhhhh wahhhhh wahh!!!!!!!!!! Grow up man.

As far as the UFC nutriders, it is a sarcastic name for me and my friends who were proclaimed UFC nutriders on another forum by a group of Pride fans.

You claim Shogun's fights with Hendo and Machida were close, but I can take a guess who YOU thought won both fights. I bet if i looked the threads up Id find you whining about the decisions and making excuses for him there too. or how he got rocked vs Jones. LMAO like it was some lucky thing that Jones dominated his ass and rocked him. Your claim that he WOULD DO BETTER is crap. He could easily come in and get finished faster as well. Jones is getting better by the day and Shogun looks worse by the day.

As far as Shogun being a legend, if he keeps this up his legacy will be having the worst cardio in UFC history. The 2 guys who come to mind when it comes to crap cardio are Mir and Shogun. Mir is a HW, so cardio isnt exactly as big of a deal as LHW. The guy has beat some of the best and fought the best, but the way he is going that will be his legacy at this rate. The guy is 30 years old and looks worse than any point in his career. Now all this injury excuse making for years from his fans, and it seems according to his brother that he isnt training properly. Now of course come back and defend his honor and blame his coach.

Post #33   8/9/12 2:11:27PM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-505
Chips:

Posted by lll-lll

Posted by crushedbacon

[

Have surgery on both of your knees and then hit the treadmill, champ.

Post #34   8/9/12 3:41:56PM   

hymiekooken

MMA Regular

hymiekooken Avatar

Career:162-131
Chips:
O.K., so who brought the popcorn to this one ?? Just kidding guys, keep up the debate. Just thought I would put my 2 cents in right quick...To be honest, I never really watched Shogun a whole lot before he came to UFC, I have watched clips on youtube here and there of his pride days. I agree with the fact that his cardio is shit. He is a good fighter, but IMO will never be anything more than a mid to top level guy at LHW in the UFC, a gatekeeper if you will. At one point in his career, he may have been a killer who walked thru everyone, but not anymore. That makes him a legend, but he will never be the champ again in the UFC. I personally am glad Machida got the shot at Jones, I feel he has a better chance, looking at his previous fight with Jones vs looking at Shoguns fight with Jones. I just think Machida matches up much better, and I think Dana made the right decision in giving Machida the title shot.

Post #35   8/9/12 5:11:01PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Posted by lll-lll

have you ever made a positive post? You won't make excuses because ripping on every fighter is so much more enjoyable right?

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #36   8/9/12 5:29:00PM   

Cooler

Banned for Cheating

Cooler Avatar

Career:886-472
Camp: The Evolutionaries
Chips:
Shogun probably knew he wasn't going to get a title shot anyway regardless of the outcome because he had already lost recently to both of the competitors fighting for the title and Shogun would need more than a win over a lowly ranked Brandon Vera and even if he had knocked out Vera in the first minute he still would have been leap frogged in my opinion.

I could tell the UFC was starting to back down on their statement that Vera/Shogun winner would get the title shot because it didn't make any fuckin sense anyway. Shogun or Vera both would've needed to build up a few more wins. Hell, even Machida doesn't seem that worthy for a rematch with Jones.. unless Hendo wins then I'm all for it.

Post #37   8/10/12 12:44:02AM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,496-876
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by lll-lll

have you ever made a positive post? You won't make excuses because ripping on every fighter is so much more enjoyable right?

I'm pretty sure he hasn't.

He loves to hate on fighters and posters alike. He also loves to accuse people of being nutriders (his own spin on nut huggers).

I think he must have migrated over from the Sherdog forums.

Post #38   8/12/12 12:56:06AM   

Page 3 of 3     1     2     3