Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Which 205lb. matchups should happen next?

Print  
  Page 2 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

pv3Hpv3p

Heavyweight Champ

pv3Hpv3p Avatar

Career:827-576
Chips:

Posted by Sheddy

Posted by Junior24

Posted by loller90278

overeem vs liddel II..
been waitin for that one a looong time

Im big Overeem fan, but he said he has to cut to much weight to make LHW, so he says he is going to fight only HW from now on

Meaning he should be picked up soon by Dana then he can figh Kongo, Arlovski, or Tim. I hope it is Tim, 'cause I would love to see Alistar put him in a Muay Tai clinch and knee the crap outta him.

All are good match ups for him.

Overeem at HW with 5-minute rounds will be a force.

Agreed... that and IMO not having to cut weight will help his endurance out alot

Post #16   5/29/07 10:40:45AM   

Junior24

MMA Regular

Junior24 Avatar

Career:168-143
Camp: FightClub
Chips:

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Posted by Sheddy

Posted by Junior24

Posted by loller90278

overeem vs liddel II..
been waitin for that one a looong time

Im big Overeem fan, but he said he has to cut to much weight to make LHW, so he says he is going to fight only HW from now on

Meaning he should be picked up soon by Dana then he can figh Kongo, Arlovski, or Tim. I hope it is Tim, 'cause I would love to see Alistar put him in a Muay Tai clinch and knee the crap outta him.

All are good match ups for him.

Overeem at HW with 5-minute rounds will be a force.

Agreed... that and IMO not having to cut weight will help his endurance out alot

I didnt really understand how that effected fighters until a few years ago. So I am excited that he is going to staty HW, thus making the HW division SOOOOOOO much more interesting.

Post #17   5/30/07 6:49:36PM   

Brownsfan222

Learning to Sprawl

Brownsfan222 Avatar

Career:208-110
Chips:
Everybody on here has picked the fights I want to see. But I also want to see Thiago Silva vs. Lyoto Machida

Post #18   5/31/07 12:52:06PM   

NME

MMA Regular

NME Avatar

Career:513-264
Camp: The F4W EMPIRE~!
Chips:
I suggest the following:

Mauricio Rua v. Wilson Gouviea
Sokoudjou v. Houston Alexander

That's it. That's all I want. I don't think these are too much to ask for.

Post #19   5/31/07 2:11:04PM   

kaduey

In Full Mount

kaduey Avatar

Career:1,537-829
Chips:
I'm suck and tired of seeing all of these Sokoudjou and Houston Alexander nuthuggers! This is all is see on these forums.

Post #20   5/31/07 2:29:20PM   

szucconi

In Full Mount

szucconi Avatar

Career:440-296
Chips:

Posted by kaduey

I'm suck and tired of seeing all of these Sokoudjou and Houston Alexander nuthuggers! This is all is see on these forums.

I agree

I would like to see Betty Crocker V. Aunt Jemima

I am also tired of seeing people’s opinions about real fighter and fights that could eventually happen. I think we shouldn't talk about Houston Alexander and the people we THINK he should fight or that would make a good match up. He just came off a great win where he dismantled the Dean of Mean and knocked him out three times, but we should ignore the fact that he exists.

In all seriousness, you’re an idiot.

Last edited 5/31/07 2:54PM server time by szucconi
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #21   5/31/07 2:53:25PM   

pv3Hpv3p

Heavyweight Champ

pv3Hpv3p Avatar

Career:827-576
Chips:

Posted by Brownsfan222

...But I also want to see Thiago Silva vs. Lyoto Machida

This sounds like a great matchup... In fact, I'd like to see Machida vs anyone from Chutebox... With Chutebox's aggresive style and Ryo's elusive counter striking, I think it would make for a great matchup

Post #22   5/31/07 2:59:50PM   

JBatch

In Full Mount

JBatch Avatar

Career:779-491
Camp: Triumph
Chips:
AT 205 I would like to see:

Chuck vs. Wandy
Tito vs. Evans
Machida vs. Lil Nog
Bonnar vs. Overeem (Loser gets dumped by ZUFFA)
Rampage vs. Remeau Thierry
Bisping vs. Alexander
Griffin vs. Nakamura
Matt Hammil vs. Arona
Jardine vs. Lambert

Post #23   5/31/07 3:15:09PM   

NME

MMA Regular

NME Avatar

Career:513-264
Camp: The F4W EMPIRE~!
Chips:

Posted by kaduey

Wow. I'm surprised (though I probably should not be) that this, a post about a fight I would like to see, is what broke your brain.

I guess we have different opinions. And look at that, the world keeps on spinning.

Post #24   5/31/07 3:47:09PM   

johny_rotten

Standup Guy

johny_rotten Avatar

Career:125-71
Camp: 518 Death Squad
Chips:
I think Shogun should get Babalu in his first fight. Great match to introduce Shogun to the UFC fans. He will be the champ soon, so they need to put him against some one that isn't a fan favorite in the UFC.

The UFC can not afford to let Chuck or Wandy fight anyone but each other. This fight has been 5 years in the making, and we are on the edge of losing interest in it forever.

I would like to see Vitor given another shot in the UFC. I think putting him against Bisping would be ideal. That way Vitor has a tough match to earn the right to be back, and "The Count" can finally fight some one that isn't a can. Either way the winner would then be justified in being in title contention. The winner then has one more fight before getting a shot at the belt against the winner of Tito/Evans.

Give lil nog Bonnar, and then when Stephan loses he can finally be gone. Give Nog's teammate Arona to Bonnar's fellow TUF 1 contestant Griffin.

Last but not least to rising stars fight each other. Machida vs Soko would make for an interesting match up. I think Machida will finally not go to a descion win or lose in this match.

Post #25   5/31/07 4:46:38PM   

AdamG

Learning to Sprawl

AdamG Avatar

Career:601-428
Camp: SF Fight Fans
Chips:
First and foremost we should get what we were promised: Chuck v. Wandi then all the rest should look like this...

Arona v. Ortiz
Rampage v. Henderson
Shogun v. Babalu (then after he destroys Babalu a fight for the belt)
Rogiero Nogueira v. Bisping
Sodkoujou v. Evans
Nakamura v. Griffin
Overeem v. Alexander
Nakamura v. Bonnar

Post #26   6/1/07 5:34:53PM   

MisFiT

In Full Mount

Career:33-24
Chips:
Tito or Evans Vs. Babalu or Machida
Babalu Vs. Machida or Arona
Liddell Vs. Wand of course
Shogun Vs. Babalu 2?

I pretty much wanna see Babalu, Machida, and Shogun more. Babalu definetely.

Post #27   6/1/07 5:36:05PM   

MisFiT

In Full Mount

Career:33-24
Chips:

Posted by johny_rotten

I think Shogun should get Babalu in his first fight. Great match to introduce Shogun to the UFC fans. He will be the champ soon, so they need to put him against some one that isn't a fan favorite in the UFC.

Babalu is a favorite, just not as big as say Liddell or Arlovski. And no, putting Babalu in with Shogun would not be smart, shouldnt risk another loss on Babalu's record, they should build Babalu back up for Shogun, Shogun should take on someone like Machida, well, not even him. Too much of a risk for Shogun and they will lose build up for Machida too... Tough one.

Post #28   6/1/07 5:38:01PM   

nubby

Banned

nubby Avatar

Career:212-114
Camp: Punishment Athletics
Chips:

Posted by MisFiT

Posted by johny_rotten

Babalu is a favorite, just not as big as say Liddell or Arlovski. And no, putting Babalu in with Shogun would not be smart, shouldnt risk another loss on Babalu's record, they should build Babalu back up for Shogun, Shogun should take on someone like Machida, well, not even him. Too much of a risk for Shogun and they will lose build up for Machida too... Tough one.

But why should they build Sobral up? The guy has been gettng his ass handed to him, is there really a reason to build him up?

Post #29   6/1/07 5:42:02PM   

johny_rotten

Standup Guy

johny_rotten Avatar

Career:125-71
Camp: 518 Death Squad
Chips:

Posted by MisFiT

Posted by johny_rotten

Screw building people up. Lets see the best fighters fight each other, and they can build them selves up. Everyone at this level should be a risk to knock off anyone else at this level. If they are not they shouldn't be in the UFC. If the UFC does take all of Pride's fighters the bottom 3rd of the current divisions should get demoted to smaller shows, and the best should fight the best.

Post #30   6/1/07 6:17:16PM   

Page 2 of 3     1     2     3