Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Matt Hamill vs Roger Hollett set for UFC 152

Print  
  Page 2 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

MMA-San

In Full Mount

MMA-San Avatar

Career:977-716
Camp: PLAYGROUND REJECTS
Chips:

Posted by Sir_Karl

Posted by MMA-San

Posted by fightlover

Posted by infestructure

I have a deaf dog, we call it Hamill.

Not cool at all. Grow up, dudes accomplished more then you or your friends EVER will.

Dude, lay off him. That wasn't an insult. He has a deaf dog, he named it Hamill...I think thats tight. First of all he's kind enough to take in a deaf animal...most get put to sleep...he had to name it something so he named it after A very inspirational deaf man, Matt Hamill. Its like a tribute, not an insult.

Calm down.

...or explain to me why you think what he said is insulting?

It is totally insulting and it is obvious there is no point telling you why it is. Also...most deaf animals get put to sleep? Not at all. I have actually never heard of a deaf animal being put to sleep for being deaf. Wow.

Why is it insulting? Because he named his dog after one of his hero's? I named by dog after a famous actress, is it insulting to her?My friend names his dog after Michael Jordan...is it insulting to him?

Also most blind and deaf animals are often put to sleep. Most dogs in general are put to sleep. Every major city in the United States puts down hundreds of dogs every week. There is no room for them. Its sad. I donot support it. However it is a cruel fact. Whats even more cruel is that sick, or deformed animals are more often to be put to sleep because they are either considered "undoptable", or they ae not adopted because of their deformity.

In San Francisco, where I live, dogs get 3 days...3 freaking days from the time they are brought into the pound to the time they are put to sleep. Luckliy the SPCA will take in many of the animals they deem adoptable (and will hold them for years until they are), but those who are not adopted after 3 days that are deemed "harder to place into home" by the SPCA, such has blind or deaf animals, and are put to sleep.

Yes, a deaf animal isn't put automatically to sleep because they are deaf. But if they are not adopted within the week...

...and most familes would adopt a helathy dog over one that needs added attention and medical care.

This man takes care of a deaf animal...he is a good person for doing so. He named it Hamill, which I think is inspirational.

You sir need to back up your claim, or else I actually recommend you banned for blatantly insulting a man for no reason.

Is this off-topic...yes, but I can't stand idlely by while another man bullys somebody for doing a good deed...such is what is wrong with the world, do something good, and you are attcked for it.

War animal activists and war Matt Hamill in his fight back!

Last edited 8/3/12 5:53PM server time by MMA-San
Edit note/reason: Too many damn typos

Post #16   8/3/12 5:46:36PM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
Dana doesn't want him to stay retired?

Post #17   8/3/12 5:50:04PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:1,916-1,148
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by fightlover

Posted by infestructure

Not cool at all. Grow up, dudes accomplished more then you or your friends EVER will.

#2 UFC 112 Points
#9 FFC3/AFC/NEFFN/VCS/Pancrase Combo Wagers
#12 TUF 8 FINALE Points #12 Bellator 91 / Legacy FC / CCCW Combo Points #12 M-1/FA8/CFA/GC/IGF Wagers #14 UFC 143 Diaz vs Condit Points

Post #18   8/3/12 6:15:03PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Sir_Karl

It is totally insulting and it is obvious there is no point telling you why it is. Also...most deaf animals get put to sleep? Not at all. I have actually never heard of a deaf animal being put to sleep for being deaf. Wow.

You've been in a bad mood today, do you need a nap?

#2 UFC 112 Points
#12 TUF 8 FINALE Points #12 Bellator 91 / Legacy FC / CCCW Combo Points #12 M-1/FA8/CFA/GC/IGF Wagers #14 UFC 143 Diaz vs Condit Points

Post #19   8/3/12 6:21:53PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,296-1,230
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
The hammer is back !!!

Post #20   8/3/12 6:23:41PM   

hashyandy4

Super MW King S.O.G.

hashyandy4 Avatar

Career:604-324
Chips:
Really happy 2 see the Hammer back, hope he does well!!

Post #21   8/3/12 6:25:10PM   

Theoutlaw08

MMA Sensei

Theoutlaw08 Avatar

Career:771-549
Camp: The Evil Empire
Chips:

Posted by hashyandy4

Really happy 2 see the Hammer back, hope he does well!!

I really am too. I was surprised by his retirement. He is an inspiring figure who is good for the sport. Hope he gets off on the right track.

Post #22   8/3/12 6:28:46PM   

Manak

Belt Contender

Manak Avatar

Career:164-106
Camp: UFC-PRIDE-MMA
Chips:
I named my dog Zeus, i haven't been struck by a lighting bolt yet, so if a greek god is coo with it why would a mere human find fault with it

I glad to see hamill back, I felt as if his retirement was forced; just seemed like he hit a wall in his training and just lost the desire for it. hopefully the time off was good and relight the fire

Post #23   8/3/12 6:56:10PM   

Cooler

Banned for Cheating

Cooler Avatar

Career:886-472
Camp: The Evolutionaries
Chips:
Roger Hollett has been trying to get in the UFC for years and I remember Dana being asked if he would sign Roger Hollett when he was undefeated or only had one loss and Dana said he never heard of him and wasn't on his radar. Honestly I think Hamill is going to run through him they just wanted another Canadian guy on the card.

Post #24   8/3/12 7:11:26PM   

infestructure

NOW KITH

infestructure Avatar

Career:715-434
Chips:
EDIT- Sorry about the derail guys. It was for a good cause. WAR HAMILL! (and my dog)

Posted by Sir_Karl

Posted by MMA-San

Posted by fightlover

Posted by infestructure

something unreasonable

Dude, lay off him. That wasn't an insult. He has a deaf dog, he named it Hamill...I think thats tight. First of all he's kind enough to take in a deaf animal...most get put to sleep...he had to name it something so he named it after A very inspirational deaf man, Matt Hamill. Its like a tribute, not an insult.

Calm down.

...or explain to me why you think what he said is insulting?

I don't really need to add anything that hasn't been said. I will mention people don't want deaf dogs, and they are tough little buggers to train so most go to the pound, and no one picks them up there, so they just get put to sleep. Once you put in the effort, they can show you just as much love as a dog that can hear.

Thanks for sticking up for my in my absence guys. I think some people just need a little more sleep

By the way, we can call my dog all kinds of things - it's not like she can hear us

Last edited 8/3/12 7:26PM server time by infestructure
Edit note/reason: n/a
3 total post edits

Post #25   8/3/12 7:18:40PM   

jjeans

Emma Watson Picture Incoming

jjeans Avatar

Career:1,099-661
Chips:
It's quarter to one out here in the UK and for some reason I thought that prophecy had written the not cool at all thing and I was thinking? That doesnt sound like prophecy at all, I'm a huge fan of prophecy, why'd he say that, that's not like him, then I saw the chill pill post by him and I was like

Why chill pill your own post

So I got up, had something to drink and was like that doesn't sound like prophecy at all

Then after some thinking and some shock and thinking I didn't really know who prophecy was anymore, some upset and reminicising of the old prophecy I came back to this thread

And found out that it wasn't prophecy who said it at all.........

I should lay off the beer...

Thiago Silva nuthugger.

Admin of MMA Memes of Facebook. A Roundtable Analyst on The MMA Podcast. Journalist for MMA Mental.

Dirty Blue #DoItForWatson

Post #26   8/3/12 7:49:14PM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:1,185-774
Camp: The Original Gangsters
Chips:

Posted by jjeans

It's quarter to one out here in the UK and for some reason I thought that prophecy had written the not cool at all thing and I was thinking? That doesnt sound like prophecy at all, I'm a huge fan of prophecy, why'd he say that, that's not like him, then I saw the chill pill post by him and I was like

So I got up, had something to drink and was like that doesn't sound like prophecy at all

Then after some thinking and some shock and thinking I didn't really know who prophecy was anymore, some upset and reminicising of the old prophecy I came back to this thread

haha

best post of the thread

Post #27   8/3/12 8:10:49PM   

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,624-911
Chips:
Mixed feelings about his return.

Post #28   8/3/12 8:29:45PM   

Budgellism

Raptors Fan

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,673-1,533
Chips:

Posted by jjeans

This is great.

Post #29   8/3/12 8:33:09PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by jjeans

I promise you Jay, I'm still the same me but thanks for worrying

#2 UFC 112 Points

Post #30   8/3/12 9:05:24PM   

Page 2 of 3     1     2     3