Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

This ref needs to be banned from mma for life

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

hymiekooken

MMA Regular

hymiekooken Avatar

Career:162-131
Chips:

Posted by Aether

Aren't they going to revive the other guy and do round 3? What kind of sport is this?

Get up !!!!!! I said get your ass up !!!!!!!!!! This fight is scheduled for 3 rounds !!!!!!!!

Post #16   8/4/12 11:38:42AM   

aussiemma

Soup is not a meal

aussiemma Avatar

Career:647-349
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
look for other bad ref decisions on youtube, there are some ones where a guy is tapping for about 10 seconds then goes out and stays in the choke for another 15 seconds before ref even notices....and he was standing right there !

Post #17   8/5/12 2:41:44AM   

Lungsofsteel

Belt Contender

Lungsofsteel Avatar

Career:920-574
Camp: JTV All-Stars
Chips:
damn tyone mims accident now...

Post #18   8/12/12 8:40:35PM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,409-1,229
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
It won't be overturned because they didn't show up to the hearing that was scheduled, and apparently the guy that lost (should've won) hasn't been back to the gym since the fight. Saw an article earlier that said both of those things.

#8 for your list Tel is that only 60 seconds is allowed between rounds unless the AC specifically makes an exception and that was about 100 seconds.

I don't fault the doctors for saying he was ok to continue. On a blood choke held for that short and someone recovers consciousness that quickly, by the start of the next round he'd have normal oxygen in the brain tissue and unless he had impaired vision, motor skills, slurred speech, etc. the medical staff was right in saying he was fine to continue, so I don't blame them at all.

The ref needs to do his job and make the executive decision when a round ends, the guy does what could've been a tap, and then goes unconscious. As a ref you need to determine right there that the fight is over as you deem one fighter unfit to continue the moment you see him out. Instead they allowed almost two minutes between rounds, he deferred to the medical staff, who by this point were right that he was fit to continue. He didn't know how to take the situation into his own hands, and the AC is to blame also for allowing that long between rounds.

It's just pathetic that the state is now looking to make a rule to the effect that if you're out between rounds, the fight is over. That should be basic logic for a ref.

Post #19   8/12/12 11:40:43PM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Career:423-341
Camp: The Lone Ranger(s)
Chips:
I say we stone this ref until he is unconscious and when he regains consciousness, we'll ask him, "Hey man, are you OK? Can you continue?"

Post #20   8/13/12 1:26:49PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2