Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

fighting ground guy questions

Print  
Posted By Message

shs101

Learning to Sprawl

Career:5-5
Chips:
Im a little over 3 weeks out and im a standup fighter, im fighting a a bjj guy with just a highschool wrestling backround. I feel confident im my gameplan and ive been working a lot of wrestling and getting up. No I am not looking to make any drastic changes by posting this im simply just looking for any last few week advice and or principles/tips when fighting a ground guy.
Ive been working the obvious like keeping him on the end of my punches and assuming a more lower stance,also not standing infront of him.
Anyone else have ANY kind of knowledge or something that works good for you to avoid the takedown and get the ko?
Thank you

Post #1   8/2/12 6:11:27PM   

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Career:1,557-943
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
I'm not a pro by any means, but I would suggest just working on your sprawl. Push your opponent's head down with one hand and work to get an underhook with your other hand.

Post #2   8/2/12 6:28:11PM   

tcunningham

Combat Sport and Fitness

tcunningham Avatar

Career:519-361
Chips:
pmoney has it right. this guy wants you on the ground and everytime you stuff a shot he loses confidence. work your angles and feints. i have a wrestling background, and my goal is always get him down and work my GnP. if i cant get the shot on the feet, i'll pressure him against the cage and wear him out before i drag him to the ground. that being said, work on you cage awareness. dont get caught in the corners. its probably going to happen so make sure and work your defense and getting off the cage. good luck man. let us know how it all turns out.

Post #3   8/2/12 11:33:56PM