Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Ed Soares vetoes Jon Jones and Chris Weidman Fights; Open to Nick Diaz

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:2,107-1,227
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Soares is a Grade A Premium douche. He basically says that Silva will beat Jones at 185 AND 205. Im of the mind set that Jones would have the advantage at both weights.

Post #16   8/1/12 11:46:33PM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-505
Chips:
I really wish Dana White would let this retard know that he doesn't get to decide anything except which logos are on Silva's shorts. What a moron he is.

Post #17   8/2/12 3:45:10AM   

lohmann

A Black Belt in Jiu-Jitsu

lohmann Avatar

Career:1,694-920
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by Aether

I really wish Dana White would let this retard know that he doesn't get to decide anything except which logos are on Silva's shorts. What a moron he is.

Ed Soares and Dana White have similar interests (namely, profit) when the question involves Anderson Silva's next opponent. Soares might be playing down Weidman but Dana White has not got out there on his soapbox and started his long rant about the greedy mobsters at Blackhouse ducking opponents and robbing him blind because he too probably realizes that the best way to capitalize on Anderson Silva before he loses or retires is not by having him defend a belt against an opponent that has never fought on a pay-per-view main card and whose highest amount of exposure was a ho-hum affair against a welterweight.

Ed Soares and Dana White are both in the business of making money off the name of Anderson Silva - one of them for the fighter himself and the other for his business.

Post #18   8/2/12 5:57:36AM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Chips:

Posted by lohmann

Posted by Aether

Ed Soares and Dana White have similar interests (namely, profit) when the question involves Anderson Silva's next opponent. Soares might be playing down Weidman but Dana White has not got out there on his soapbox and started his long rant about the greedy mobsters at Blackhouse ducking opponents and robbing him blind because he too probably realizes that the best way to capitalize on Anderson Silva before he loses or retires is not by having him defend a belt against an opponent that has never fought on a pay-per-view main card and whose highest amount of exposure was a ho-hum affair against a welterweight.

Ed Soares and Dana White are both in the business of making money off the name of Anderson Silva - one of them for the fighter himself and the other for his business.

Regardless, I would like for Soares to know that the UFC will do what it wants to do, and does not give a single solitary fuck about his opinion, because they don't. If their aims happen to coincide, he might accidentally get what he wants, but no way is anyone even considering this moron's opinion about anything.

Post #19   8/2/12 7:17:54AM   

sparky

AV BET Record: 41-10

sparky Avatar

Career:2,909-1,594
Camp: Team Fry Guy
Chips:
Anderson and his camp don't want the Weidman fight because they know there days or million dollar fights will be over and that whole p4p king shit will be gone to because Weidman will leave as the champ

Post #20   8/2/12 8:52:50AM   

Dberntson

In Full Mount

Dberntson Avatar

Career:1,097-639
Camp: TKO
Chips:
We are all missing the most obvious big money fight in Hend. Once he beats Jon Jones, Hendo can then drop down to 185 for a rematch with Silva. Silva gets a big name/money fight and Hendo gets to be the first UFC fighter to hold belts in two weight classes, as well as revenge a loss.

Post #21   8/2/12 8:54:38AM   

tmas

Belt Contender

tmas Avatar

Career:1,115-870
Chips:
about chuck hell yes he handpicked opponents are you kidding me he fought guys who the UFC brought in and were not even in the UFC because he wanted to avenge losses. when he finally fought someone tuff and as good as him he lost, chuck was so over rated.

You people are so blinded by your hatred for greatness, whats your prob! Silva is the best ever he has nothing left to prove all i heard for two faking years was Chael will destroy andee, andee will lose his title to chael bla bla bla bla.....IT DIDNT HAPPEN, Weidman is no threat to Silva NONE! just like he beats everyone else he will Weidman, except the fight doesnt need to happen its a stupid fight against a challanger who actually needs to beat another 1 or two top MW, dont get me wrong i expect Weidman to hold the UFC MW title....but not until Anderson retires or is so old and washed up it doesnt matter anymore.

Silva wanted to retire 2 years ago, i dont expect him to fight much longer, he has sad several times he will NOT be one of those guys fighting into there 40s.

Get over your hate and see it the right way. Silva v GSP, Diaz, HUGE HUGE $$$$ there. ORRR there have been rumors of Brock coming back!

Post #22   8/2/12 3:47:43PM   

BigBadAl

In Full Mount

BigBadAl Avatar

Career:408-321
Chips:
The way things are going lately, Brandon Vera will probably get the next shot at Silva.

Post #23   8/2/12 6:41:38PM   

kingsmasher

BANNED

Career:258-155
Chips:
I think Ed Soares is going to end up running his mouth so much that Dana will end up not making any deals with him...All Dana has to do is say any fighter under Soares is not gonna be in the UFC.....

you can bet the money the guys are getting from the UFC they will run from Soares cause now they are use to getting paid and if they left UFC it would be back to the slums for most.....

Answer is get rid of Soares and contracts state that Champions must fight #1 contenders if told or they can be fined..

I think the UFC needs to adjust contracts with fighers to avoid this...Personally I cant see Jon Jones turning any fight down....I mean whats fighting Shogun gonna really do for Jones...Or Vera for heavens sake...

Weidman will own Silva I predict a first or second round sub easily....Hes gonna get Silva down and hes looking for a sub....

Last edited 8/3/12 1:27AM server time by kingsmasher
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #24   8/3/12 1:26:43AM   

Lungsofsteel

Belt Contender

Lungsofsteel Avatar

Career:1,024-649
Camp: FLBTV All-Stars
Chips:
andersons just ducking weidman and jones, im against the superfight with gsp also, he already has contenders at 170.....hes tryna call jones his brother and all that lmao.....they have probley shook hands at the most....i mean they dont train together and jones doesnt speak portuguese

Last edited 8/3/12 2:23PM server time by Lungsofsteel
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #25   8/3/12 2:22:39PM   

tmas

Belt Contender

tmas Avatar

Career:1,115-870
Chips:
you guys live in an alternate universe.

Post #26   8/3/12 6:50:44PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:2,107-1,227
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Saying that ANYONE is gonna easily beat Anderson is the dumbest thing ever stated about him. Sonnen was EASILY beating Anderson in their first fight and Sonnen lost. Again, Sonnen was EASILY beating him in the first round of the second fight and again, Sonnen lost by getting hammered. Not a single Damn person on the planet is gonna have an easy time with Anderson.....now that's not to say that he won't be beaten but what it does say is if your gonna beat him you're sure as hell gonna have to work for it and keep your hands up

Post #27   8/3/12 7:30:20PM   

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Career:1,277-785
Chips:
Hey Eddie - - - I got some advice for ya....

Step 1: Go to the top of the largest building in Brazil.

Step 2: Open up a window....don't care which one...anyone will do.

Step 3: Throw yourself out of window.

Post #28   8/4/12 12:44:16AM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Chips:

Posted by tmas

about chuck hell yes he handpicked opponents are you kidding me he fought guys who the UFC brought in and were not even in the UFC because he wanted to avenge losses. when he finally fought someone tuff and as good as him he lost, chuck was so over rated.

You people are so blinded by your hatred for greatness, whats your prob! Silva is the best ever he has nothing left to prove all i heard for two faking years was Chael will destroy andee, andee will lose his title to chael bla bla bla bla.....IT DIDNT HAPPEN, Weidman is no threat to Silva NONE! just like he beats everyone else he will Weidman, except the fight doesnt need to happen its a stupid fight against a challanger who actually needs to beat another 1 or two top MW, dont get me wrong i expect Weidman to hold the UFC MW title....but not until Anderson retires or is so old and washed up it doesnt matter anymore.

Silva wanted to retire 2 years ago, i dont expect him to fight much longer, he has sad several times he will NOT be one of those guys fighting into there 40s.

Get over your hate and see it the right way. Silva v GSP, Diaz, HUGE HUGE $$$$ there. ORRR there have been rumors of Brock coming back!

Yeah, Silva should be fighting welterweights coming off of a loss or retired heavyweights, not the #1 contender in his own weight class.

SEE IT THE _RIGHT WAY_, GUYS!!!

Post #29   8/5/12 12:25:24PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2