Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Josh Barnett welcomes UFC import, thinks Cormier will stop Mir in the second

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:1,971-1,169
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
A new door opened, at least in theory, to Strikeforce fighters this past week when ex-UFC champ Frank Mir was exported to fight Daniel Cormier in October.

While Cormier's engagement is frequently billed as the last in the Strikeforce heavyweight division before being folded, the man he defeated to win the promotion's heavyweight grand prix title also is owed a fight.

That man, Josh Barnett, is one of the more marketable fighters in the division despite a recent loss to Cormier. As quick with submissions as he is in interviews, he would be a welcome addition to the UFC.

Link

Post #1   7/31/12 10:33:54PM   

MMA Regular

187 Avatar

Career:381-261
Chips:
if not sooner, Mir needs to shed all that Lesnar weight and get some speed back, although even if he did, i'd still pick DC here.

Post #2   7/31/12 10:55:33PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Chips:

The fight that I really wanna see is Mir vs Barnett. These guys are a lot alike. Both are primarily Submission guys that have worked really hard on their standup. Not just are their fight games the same but their both extremely smart guys.

Mir 6'3" 260lbs 16wins 6losses
Barnett 6'3" 250 31wins 6losses

Post #3   7/31/12 11:03:03PM   

MMA Regular

187 Avatar

Career:381-261
Chips:
good point, if it wasn't for Barnett's.. problems, we probably would've already gotten a trilogy out of them. I think it's an inevitability that they'll one day meet, especially if they each share a common loss to DC while he gets thrown into the title picture.

Post #4   7/31/12 11:47:30PM   

Bustamante-Aoki

Standup Guy

Bustamante-Aoki Avatar

Career:1,823-1,106
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
Yeah, Mir vs. Barnett is the fight that I want to see too.

DC vs. Mir will probably play out much like Barnett vs DC did.

Post #5   8/1/12 11:56:27AM   

rush13

Standup Guy

rush13 Avatar

Career:989-539
Camp: Playground Bullies
Chips:

Posted by prophecy033

The fight that I really wanna see is Mir vs Barnett. These guys are a lot alike. Both are primarily Submission guys that have worked really hard on their standup. Not just are their fight games the same but their both extremely smart guys.

Mir 6'3" 260lbs 16wins 6losses
Barnett 6'3" 250 31wins 6losses

I came on here to say the same thing lol I've been wanting to see this fight for quite a while now...my buddy is a Murr fan and I like Barnett so this fight should happen after Cormier kicks Murr's ass, Cormier (T)KO round 2

Post #6   8/1/12 12:49:53PM   

MiniMan

Standup Guy

MiniMan Avatar

Career:38-27
Chips:
DC!!! More like Carwin / Mir I think. 1st Round KO

Post #7   8/1/12 2:00:02PM   

Boo_Radley21

Heavyweight Champ

Boo_Radley21 Avatar

Career:605-425
Chips:
Who is Barnett fighting?

Post #8   8/1/12 3:47:29PM   

KingCmb

Standup Guy

KingCmb Avatar

Career:935-862
Chips:
Mir he finds ways to win and i think hell do the same against dc and take advantage of his inexpierence i know hes beaten some top guys but other than barnett i dont think theire top flight. i always back mir and wont stop now when you count him out he makes another run

after the accident counted out

after the lesnar loss counted out

after the carwin loss counted out

after the jds loss - hell be back

mir is a bandwagon jumpers best freind everyone piles on right before a big fight but i see a select few who really ride or die with frank and ill always captain that war wagon those who know me know iv been a die hard

bottom line MIR RD2 SUB

Post #9   8/1/12 4:14:47PM   

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Career:1,449-880
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by the-king

Mir he finds ways to win and i think hell do the same against dc and take advantage of his inexpierence i know hes beaten some top guys but other than barnett i dont think theire top flight. i always back mir and wont stop now when you count him out he makes another run

mir is a bandwagon jumpers best freind everyone piles on right before a big fight but i see a select few who really ride or die with frank and ill always captain that war wagon those who know me know iv been a die hard

bottom line MIR RD2 SUB

Your loyalty is commendable sir! Its funny how some people ditch their "favorite" fighters after a loss or two

Post #10   8/1/12 6:58:45PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by pmoney

Posted by the-king

bottom line MIR RD2 SUB

Your loyalty is commendable sir! Its funny how some people ditch their "favorite" fighters after a loss or two

I've been a Belfort fan through everything, his loses, his sisters kidnapping and through that front kick to the face from Anderson The shitty part is that its on the menu screen on UFC Undisputed 3

Post #11   8/1/12 8:03:12PM   

Wolfenstein

Heavyweight Champ

Wolfenstein Avatar

Career:1,304-730
Chips:
Love the matchup, even though I think Cormier is a really bad stylistic matchup for Frank..

Josh is absolutely right...he'd be a real boon for the UFC. He has that kind of Chael Sonnen WWE schtick that does very well in promoting fights. I hope the UFC will let bigons be bigons and bring over when of the more exciting HW's in MMA.

Post #12   8/2/12 3:40:26PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Wolfenstein

Love the matchup, even though I think Cormier is a really bad stylistic matchup for Frank..

Josh is absolutely right...he'd be a real boon for the UFC. He has that kind of Chael Sonnen WWE schtick that does very well in promoting fights. I hope the UFC will let bigons be bigons and bring over when of the more exciting HW's in MMA.

why not, they've shown compassion for guys before

Post #13   8/2/12 7:18:08PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by pmoney

Posted by the-king

bottom line MIR RD2 SUB

I've been a Belfort fan through everything, his loses, his sisters kidnapping and through that front kick to the face from Anderson The shitty part is that its on the menu screen on UFC Undisputed 3

None of you guys got shit on me...Keith Jardine War Wagon driver

Last edited 8/2/12 8:01PM server time by bubbles
Edit note/reason: n/a

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #14   8/2/12 8:01:08PM   

hymiekooken

MMA Regular

hymiekooken Avatar

Career:162-131
Chips:

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by pmoney

Posted by the-king

bottom line MIR RD2 SUB

Belfort !!!!!--Watching him made me an mma fan, I have been on that wagon since I started
Anyway, back to the subject at hand, Mir by sub in rd 1, No one bounces back from a loss like Frank Mir

Post #15   8/2/12 8:13:04PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2