Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Cain Velasquez 'wondering what the hold up is' with Junior dos Santos rematch

Print  
Posted By Message

SmileR

Buy the ticket, take the ride

SmileR Avatar

Career:1,284-761
Chips:
"Right now, I'm just getting ready and waiting for a date. We don't really know what's going on with the dos Santos thing. The speculation that I was hurt -- I got an x-ray to show people that I'm not. There's speculation that he's hurt, maybe. I dunno what's going on. I'm just getting ready and waiting for a date for me and him to fight."

Since these two big-time heavyweights threw down the first time, Velasquez has been able to re-think his strategy and what he did wrong in defeat:

"The thing with the last fight and this one, this time, what we're gonna do different is actually attack him and actually fight him. We didn't do that last time. I didn't do what I was supposed to do, with the gameplan, and I definitely paid for it. I'm not making the mistake again with him."

He definitely feels like he'll have a better strategy going into his second go-round, but he's still not over the initial setback. According to Velasquez, it's a moment he's re-lived since last November:

"It's always playing in my head. He's my one loss, and I wanna go back and avenge it. Just knowing what you did wrong, I mean, I definitely look back at the fight. I just have to learn from it and move on."

So, when will this second battle of the behemoths take place? As far as Velasquez is concerned, your guess is just as good as his:

"They really haven't said anything as of right now. I was just wondering what the hold up was. They thought that I was hurt, and I went ahead and kinda quieted those things down. I'm just waiting for a date."

Some of the speculation that has been bandied about is that the UFC is dragging its feet because they'd prefer to see "Cigano" fight Alistair Overeem when he returns in December.

He's heard the chatter, but he feels like he is the name that makes the most sense, because he can be ready as soon as they need him to be:

"I think, possibly, if they're waiting for that match-up, but that's in December. I'm ready now."

Link

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

Post #1   7/31/12 6:17:55PM   

sparky

AV BET Record: 41-10

sparky Avatar

Career:2,843-1,563
Camp: Team Fry Guy
Chips:
Looks like someone is in a rush to get knocked out again

WAR CIGANO

Post #2   7/31/12 6:48:23PM   

lohmann

A Black Belt in Jiu-Jitsu

lohmann Avatar

Career:1,667-904
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by sparky

WAR CIGANO

Hate to spoil the news, brotha, but Cain ain't gonna be the one getting knocked out this time.

Probably just waiting for December. This seems like a NYE sort of thing.

Post #3   7/31/12 7:31:58PM   

sparky

AV BET Record: 41-10

sparky Avatar

Career:2,843-1,563
Camp: Team Fry Guy
Chips:

Posted by lohmann

Posted by sparky

WAR CIGANO

Hate to spoil the news, brotha, but Cain ain't gonna be the one getting knocked out this time.

Probably just waiting for December. This seems like a NYE sort of thing.

I heard that same thing from everyone last time they fought

Post #4   7/31/12 7:56:00PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:2,062-1,210
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Just like I said last time, either can knock the other out. Just when you think a dude is unbeatable they lose. We've seen it with everyone not named Anderson Silva. Guess we will see if Cain's the one thats gonna beat him

Post #5   7/31/12 8:34:22PM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:1,258-821
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
It's gonna be good fight. I actaully can't wait for it

Post #6   7/31/12 8:40:12PM   

Budgellism

Randy

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,900-1,652
Chips:
If JDS knocks him out again I don't see him losing the belt for a long ass time.

Post #7   7/31/12 10:11:48PM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:1,258-821
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:

Posted by Budgellism

If JDS knocks him out again I don't see him losing the belt for a long ass time.

Yeah he's a tough guy.

His size coupled with his speed is a very dangerous combo. Not to much size as to hinder his flexibility like lesnar IMO

Post #8   7/31/12 10:27:00PM   

Manak

Belt Contender

Manak Avatar

Career:164-106
Camp: UFC-PRIDE-MMA
Chips:

Posted by george112

Posted by Budgellism

Yeah he's a tough guy.

His size coupled with his speed is a very dangerous combo. Not to much size as to hinder his flexibility like lesnar IMO

yup plus this puts cain in the twilight zone that franklin/chael have entered since losing twice to the champ. i don't know what he would do if JDS knocks him out again which i see happening

Post #9   8/1/12 1:47:20AM   

kingsmasher

BANNED

Career:258-155
Chips:
All CAin has to do is clinch and my money is JDS cardio wont make five rounds against Cain....Last fight was the worse game plan ever for Cain when you are a wrestrler you must get inside no matter what and stay there...

Cain wont lose again...

Post #10   8/1/12 5:50:21AM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:2,062-1,210
Chips:

Posted by kingsmasher

All CAin has to do is clinch and my money is JDS cardio wont make five rounds against Cain....Last fight was the worse game plan ever for Cain when you are a wrestrler you must get inside no matter what and stay there...

Cain wont lose again...

If he does, then what?

Post #11   8/1/12 1:48:51PM