Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

UFC on FOX 4's Machida not upset with headliner's title stakes, open to 'TUF' coaching

Print  
Posted By Message

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:1,939-1,156
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Ex-champ Lyoto Machida is keeping an open mind about where he is in the UFC's light-heavyweight division.

And after hearing that the winner of Saturday's UFC on FOX 4 headliner – Mauricio "Shogun" Rua vs. Brandon Vera – will get the next shot at the UFC light-heavyweight title, can you blame him?

"Really, anything can happen," Machida told MMAjunkie.com. "Obviously, I'm trying to train as hard as I can and put on a good fight, and I try to trace a way back to the title. But that's not really what I'm focused on right now."

Link

Post #1   7/31/12 1:52:15AM   

I-GOT-THIS-PICK

Standup Guy

I-GOT-THIS-PICK Avatar

Career:1,469-820
Chips:
Yeah Machida isn't really focused on getting choked the f**k out again.If Vera beats Rua does anyone really think he will get the title shot? I say theres no chance in hell but it would be funny to see what excuse Dana comes up with why Vera doesn't deserve the title shot

Last edited 7/31/12 3:27AM server time by i-got-this-pick
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #2   7/31/12 3:26:37AM   

Budgellism

Raptors Fan

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,694-1,543
Chips:
Winner of Shogun/Vera should fight Glover (if he beats Rampage) and the winner of Machida/Bader should fight Gustafsson. There should be no title shots given for either of the fights this weekend. Give Jones a bit of a vacation and have him come back in early 2013 against someone who has earned a shot after he beats Hendo (god I hope he doesn't).

Last edited 7/31/12 7:09AM server time by budgellism
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #3   7/31/12 7:08:50AM