Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

League president considering Invicta FC 3 elimination tourney for title shot

Print  
Posted By Message

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:1,971-1,169
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
There were many surprises for Invicta FC president Shannon Knapp before, during and after the promotion's second event, Invicta FC 2, this past weekend.

There were 100,000 people waiting in the queue to watch the live Internet stream 30 minutes before the fights got underway. There was a server crash that forced her backstage in a panic mid-event. There was the Invicta name trending on Twitter long after the last punch was thrown.

But a surprise as welcome as any was how the fights turned out.

Link

Post #1   7/31/12 1:43:21AM   

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Career:1,449-880
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
I am stoked at how well Invicta is being received. Saturday night I told some friends about the show, and they were somewhat incredulous when I told them it was Women's MMA. "They have that?" Was the common response. I said "Hell yeah son, and you better watch".

The twitter response was crazy too, lots of pissed off tweets when the servers crashed. Like I said then, I never saw angry tweets about people missing WNBA games, so hopefully this bodes well for the future of Invicta and WMMA.

Post #2   7/31/12 2:12:44PM