Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Dana White: UFC's Alexander Gustafsson on deck for 'big fight'

Print  
Posted By Message

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:2,062-1,210
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
It'd be easy to consider Alexander Gustafsson the odd man out.

Especially after UFC president Dana White today surprisingly confirmed the winner of Saturday's UFC on FOX 4 headliner between Mauricio "Shogun" Rua and Brandon Vera is next in line for a light-heavyweight title shot.

But that doesn't mean Gustafsson is the forgotten contender of the division.

Link

Post #1   7/31/12 1:40:20AM   

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Career:1,585-904
Chips:
i think it needs to be Shogun, Rashad or Machida

after thinking about it, i could easily take Gustafsson vs Bones, considering what Jones has done to the rest of the division

Last edited 7/31/12 4:48PM server time by Poor_Franklin
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #2   7/31/12 2:23:15AM   

Budgellism

Randy

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,900-1,652
Chips:

Posted by Poor_Franklin

i think it needs to be Shogun, Rashad or Machida

Agreed.

Anyone else doesn't really make sense.

Post #3   7/31/12 6:55:53AM   

tallica62

MMA Sensei

tallica62 Avatar

Career:2,022-1,244
Camp: Playground Bullies
Chips:
No offense to Vera of Gustafsson, but UFC is really screwing Phil Davis by putting these 2 ahead of him... Davis is better than Vera, beat Gustafsson, and ONLY lost to Rashad via decision - imo he deserves the fight agains shogun out of any of them... plus his next fight is everything to lose, nothing to win for him...not fair

Post #4   7/31/12 8:10:49AM   

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Career:1,557-943
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by tallica62

No offense to Vera of Gustafsson, but UFC is really screwing Phil Davis by putting these 2 ahead of him... Davis is better than Vera, beat Gustafsson, and ONLY lost to Rashad via decision - imo he deserves the fight agains shogun out of any of them... plus his next fight is everything to lose, nothing to win for him...not fair

I think the only reason for that is Davis' loss was his last fight, like six months ago. Gustafsson lost to Davis probably two years ago, and he has been looking better since. They are training partners now too, so I don't know how a rematch will be received...

Davis is getting a tune up fight, in my estimation. He is an incredibly talented LHW, but he needs some momentum. I'm sure if he finishes Prado he'll be "back in the mix" and getting a big name in his next fight.

As for The Mauler, I think either Rashad or Lil Nog are good fights. Or, as it has been previously stated, the winner of either the Main or Co-Main Event from the UFC on Fox 4 card

Post #5   7/31/12 2:25:03PM