Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

CES/MCC 42/XFC 19/FFC 1-combo card Next Weekend!

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Budgellism

Randy

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,900-1,652
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by pmoney

Posted by prophecy033

Agreed, Tapology has been filling the void but I prefer the Playground over it on just about every aspect, especially the forums. Tapology's aren't very uniformed.

Thanks so much to Hippysmacker and everyone who helped put this card together!!! I started on Tapology a month ago, just to pick more events. And that's really all it has on the PG in my opinion. The forums aren't as good, they are very unintuitive to search. The fantasy game itself isn't as good, as the PG has a MUCH better scoring system. The PG also has the wagers game, which no one else has. The PG videos section is better... the PG is superior in every way, in my opinion. The guys who run Tapology are real cool, but the same can easily be said for this site

If secondary league gets rolling again, I may abandon tapology altogether. Picking like 100 amateur fights a weekend is getting very repetitive, I may just cut that out. I've won FIVE events in one month on Tapology, and I've never won a PG event. This is where the real challenge, and the real fun is! And in my opinion, this is where the best pickers and posters come to play

All very true about Tapology. I avoid the forums mostly now tbh. Between Wolf, Messiah and Anik the level of posting is lowered significantly. All three would poison our lovely forums imo.

Being able to pick 10-30 events every weekend is pretty awesome though. That's the only reason I'm there. They have links to the promoter pages too for events so it's easy to put together a secondary card using that site as a guideline. The amateur fights seem to be a chore now though. I was pumped about picking them at first but now it's a hassle to get my picks in so my team doesn't get fucked.

The moral of this story though is that The Playground is a much better package than Tapology and in all honesty we blow every other fantasy MMA website out of the water. Tapology is a distant 2nd imo.

Hey Budge, did you know that Anik has been suspended over 9 times.....9. When a guy is a constant problem like that he needs to go. He throws insults around like nothing and when you call him out he starts whining about being picked on. Normally when that many people have a problem with you, it something YOU'RE doing. The Mods over there allow it and that's the problem

Lol, wow. I didn't know that. Why not just get rid of him? Greg is too nice for his own good it seems.

Anik is also what, 16? That's the problem imo. He seems like a spoiled little kid. Granted, I wasn't exactly typing out intelligent posts when I was that age but I wasn't calling out people left and right.

EDIT: On a completely different note, when was the last time we had 5 secondary league events lined up? Props to Hippy and everyone involved that I don't even know about. I'm pumped about it

Last edited 7/29/12 2:59PM server time by budgellism
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #16   7/29/12 2:58:32PM   

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Career:1,557-943
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by Budgellism]

EDIT: On a completely different note, when was the last time we had 5 secondary league events lined up? Props to Hippy and everyone involved that I don't even know about. I'm pumped about it

Yeah I was very pleased to see that! Lack of L2 events is pretty much what caused me to join Tapology anyhow. That, and to practice my picking theory. While picking 200 fights in a weekend can be fun, the novelty is already wearing off for me. I love this sport, but I don't like spending as much time as I do researching fights I know I'll never watch. I could do one UFC and one L2 event every weekend, though.

I definitely don't want to bash the site, I've spent a lot of time on there lately. But the only reason for that, and the "traffic" they generate is the sheer volume of cards and fighter pages. I know I had to go to different parts of their site a thousand times at least this weekend just doing my research and checking results. It's a good site, and I like Greg and the folks in charge, but the MMA Playground is the triple OG of fantasy MMA, and I will always consider it my "home".

Post #17   7/29/12 3:44:14PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:2,062-1,210
Chips:

Posted by Budgellism

Lol, wow. I didn't know that. Why not just get rid of him? Greg is too nice for his own good it seems.

Anik is also what, 16? That's the problem imo. He seems like a spoiled little kid. Granted, I wasn't exactly typing out intelligent posts when I was that age but I wasn't calling out people left and right.

Yeah, Dude is pretty young. One thread we were talking about girls and he was saying everyone elses choiced were dirty and trash and he picked the youngest looking girls and said she was the best. I told him that once he got older that that would change because we all find as we get older that we like it a little dirtier and sweatier if you know what i mean. He got so bent out of shape tha i called him 16(which he is) that he went on a smear campaign over it. I said look dude, im 13 years older than you and i have a ton more knowledge because of those 13 years. your 16 and have a lot to learn and since your still in High School your taste is for girls that look like their young. He was missing the point of tastes changing and thought i was just picking on him. If he only knew i didnj't care about him enough to even pick on him

Posted by pmoney

Yeah I was very pleased to see that! Lack of L2 events is pretty much what caused me to join Tapology anyhow. That, and to practice my picking theory. While picking 200 fights in a weekend can be fun, the novelty is already wearing off for me. I love this sport, but I don't like spending as much time as I do researching fights I know I'll never watch. I could do one UFC and one L2 event every weekend, though.

I definitely don't want to bash the site, I've spent a lot of time on there lately. But the only reason for that, and the "traffic" they generate is the sheer volume of cards and fighter pages. I know I had to go to different parts of their site a thousand times at least this weekend just doing my research and checking results. It's a good site, and I like Greg and the folks in charge, but the MMA Playground is the triple OG of fantasy MMA, and I will always consider it my "home".

It is a great site to get to know the not so well know fighters because some will eventually be in the UFC so getting an earlier look is always a plus.

Last edited 7/29/12 4:42PM server time by prophecy033
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #18   7/29/12 4:41:02PM   

Franklinfan47

Simply The Best

Franklinfan47 Avatar

Career:2,629-1,436
Chips:
Happy to see L2 get some more events and attention Kudos. However, in the future:

-Please give more time for us to pick events. I dont mind having a card every weekend, but by only giving players a week to pick you're actually hurting L2 because less people will have the time to make picks.

-One of the fights had a fighter who is 1-0. Personally, I'd rather have a smaller card or none at all than to pick fights like that.

Just my two cents.

Post #19   7/30/12 5:03:37PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,993-1,122
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
Most of this card is budgelism's doing. I just added a few other fights. Keep in mind I only have about 5 people who regularly submit secondary league stuff to me. As long as the first card is within 3 days of the last card and we can get 8 GOOD fights ( recognizable fighters, or at the very least ones a lot of people have interest in to avoid complaints) out of it can be done. Generally want at least 10 in case of cancellations.Also If you submit something and I reject it please don't take it personally.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #20   7/30/12 9:15:50PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:2,062-1,210
Chips:

Posted by hippysmacker

Most of this card is budgelism's doing. I just added a few other fights. Keep in mind I only have about 5 people who regularly submit secondary league stuff to me. As long as the first card is within 3 days of the last card and we can get 8 GOOD fights ( recognizable fighters, or at the very least ones a lot of people have interest in to avoid complaints) out of it can be done. Generally want at least 10 in case of cancellations.Also If you submit something and I reject it please don't take it personally.

Nothing personal Hippy, we know you're trying....that's all we want and we will try and help you the beat we can.

Post #21   7/30/12 10:22:24PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Chips:
Th results aren't in for UVC or FFC yet. So it won't be updated till tonight.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #22   8/5/12 7:40:23AM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:2,297-1,230
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Great job at resurrecting the secondary league. Thanks to all that give Hippy the heads up on fights as well.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #23   8/5/12 7:42:53PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Chips:
All the results aren't in yet and some fights have been cancelled form what I can find Keep your fingers crossed folks.

The Iron Code

Post #24   8/6/12 4:32:21AM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Chips:
All right ,despite a lot of cancellations ,and sherdog still not having them all I found the results around the web. Only. 8 fights left though. The stats have been run.

The Iron Code

Post #25   8/6/12 7:04:53PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:
I have $0 bankroll

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #26   8/6/12 11:30:34PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2