Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Former Strikeforce champ Rafael 'Feijao' Cavalcante to appeal suspension

Print  
Posted By Message

BuffaloDave

Heavyweight Champ

BuffaloDave Avatar

Career:917-519
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Former Strikeforce light heavyweight champ Rafael "Feijao" Cavalcante (12-3 MMA, 4-2 SF) will appeal his one-year license suspension at the California State Athletic Commission's next meeting on Aug. 8.

Representing Cavalcante at the appeal will be a drug expert who witnessed the testing of the fighter's "B" sample and a lawyer, Soares said.

Cavalcante's camp decided to appeal the suspension after the second test, which was conducted June 26. The CSAC employs the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) test facility at UCLA in Los Angeles for drug testing.

The CSAC suspended Cavalcante in mid-June when a pre-fight drug test revealed the presence of stanozolol, a steroid.

LINK

Post #1   7/27/12 4:30:01PM   

BuffaloDave

Heavyweight Champ

BuffaloDave Avatar

Career:917-519
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
I really don't care to hear with moronic excuse Feijao will have.

The "I didn't know" is the most overused line, when it comes to failed tests. If you're a athlete, I thing the smart thing to do is to look over anything you plan to take that might be questionable to athletic commissions, that's of course if your plan is not trying to cheat.

Post #2   7/27/12 4:38:12PM