Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

UFC 152 is neutral ground for Bisping

Print  
Posted By Message

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:
He certainly isn’t the first fighter to say it, but UFC middleweight contender Michael Bisping loves Canada and is thrilled that’s where his next fight will take place.

The Ultimate Fighter season 3 winner is set to meet knockout artist Brian Stann in a featured bout at UFC 152 in Toronto at the Air Canada Centre in a few months.

“I absolutely love Toronto. I had an amazing time last time I fought (in Canada) and I can’t wait for Sept. 22,” Bisping told Jim Lang and Mike Farwell on Brady & Lang on Sportsnet 590 The Fan Wednesday morning.

The Manchester, England native is somewhat of a polarizing figure and is a fighter with as many detractors as he has supporters. Stann is military veteran and extremely popular with American fans, so Bisping is happy their fight is taking place on neutral soil.

“Brian Stann is a decorated war hero and good for him that’s fantastic, but it’s perhaps a good thing I didn’t fight him in deep Texas or something, I might have got shot on the way out to the arena,” Bisping said. “I’m proud to be fighting in Canada, part of the Commonwealth, and hopefully on neutral ground.”

“Brian’s a big, tough, powerful striker and I think the most dangerous weapon that he’s got, I’ve got to look out for his big, powerful bombs basically. I’ve got to look out for his big power shots. If I avoid those I think I’m the better technical fighter, so if I avoid those big one punches of his I think I should be able to beat him.

link

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #1   7/26/12 8:23:27PM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:1,237-808
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
He's right about Texas

Post #2   7/26/12 8:55:30PM   

shaneTpain

Av Bet Record: 35-47

shaneTpain Avatar

Career:1,468-951
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by george112

He's right about Texas

He's wrong about Canada

Last edited 7/26/12 9:08PM server time by ShaneTpain
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #3   7/26/12 9:01:09PM   

meier

Standup Guy

meier Avatar

Career:453-438
Chips:

Posted by shaneTpain

Posted by george112

He's right about Texas

He's wrong about Canada

Post #4   7/26/12 9:16:24PM   

Sir_Karl

MMA Sensei

Sir_Karl Avatar

Career:2,240-1,521
Chips:
Bisping isn't wrong about Canada!!! Canada is totally neutral ground. Canada has always had huge ties to Great Britain and still do. Where do you think all of the Loyalists fled to after the American Revolution? They went to Canada and were called United Empire Loyalists. I descend from several Loyalist and Redcoats who fled to what is now called Ontario. Canada owes much of their existence to Britain and the Loyalists. Canada is actually more than neutral ground for Bisping. It is almost home turf.

Post #5   7/26/12 9:20:02PM   

shaneTpain

Av Bet Record: 35-47

shaneTpain Avatar

Career:1,468-951
Chips:

Posted by Sir_Karl

Bisping isn't wrong about Canada!!! Canada is totally neutral ground. Canada has always had huge ties to Great Britain and still do. Where do you think all of the Loyalists fled to after the American Revolution? They went to Canada and were called United Empire Loyalists. I descend from several Loyalist and Redcoats who fled to what is now called Ontario. Canada owes much of their existence to Britain and the Loyalists. Canada is actually more than neutral ground for Bisping. It is almost home turf.

Image Attachment(s):

Photo Attachment 1

Post #6   7/26/12 9:57:20PM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-505
Chips:

Posted by Sir_Karl

It's pretty obvious that Bisping is talking about different people's attitude towards him personally, and this little history lesson is completely irrelevant to what is being said.

Most people make their mind up based on their own experiences, not because they read about something that happened 200 years ago.

Last edited 7/26/12 10:53PM server time by Aether

Post #7   7/26/12 10:50:25PM   

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Career:1,522-929
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by Sir_Karl

I enjoyed that little piece of history, and found it pertinent to the article. Thanks Sir_Karl!

Last edited 7/26/12 11:50PM server time by pmoney

Post #8   7/26/12 11:48:18PM   

aussiemma

Soup is not a meal

aussiemma Avatar

Career:691-382
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
you remember when bisping fought wanderlei in sydney ? bisping was saying before the fight how he had a advantage because the fight was in sydney. bisping got the shit booed out of him when he walked out and everyone cheered for wanderlei. bisping is a dick and will continue to be a dick wherever he fights, except maybe for england...maybe.

Post #9   7/27/12 1:02:25AM   

FlashyG

Heavyweight Champ

FlashyG Avatar

Career:2,275-1,280
Chips:

Posted by Sir_Karl

Even though that's all true expect Stann to be favored heavily by the crowd here.

Its not Bisping's nationality that will get him booed, its his personality.

Post #10   7/27/12 1:28:14AM   

machodog76

MMA Sensei

machodog76 Avatar

Career:2,663-1,643
Camp: country KO
Chips:
Bloody Palmer.

Post #11   7/27/12 1:20:12PM   

Budgellism

Randy

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,828-1,619
Chips:

Posted by FlashyG

Posted by Sir_Karl

Even though that's all true expect Stann to be favored heavily by the crowd here.

Its not Bisping's nationality that will get him booed, its his personality.

Exactly

Post #12   7/28/12 2:16:58PM   

Gogoplatapus

MMA Sensei

Gogoplatapus Avatar

Career:894-595
Camp: West Coast Canada
Chips:
I'd boo them both.

Post #13   7/28/12 3:01:18PM