Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Matt Mitrione Explains Why He Turned Down Travis Browne Fight at UFC on FOX 4

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Posted by Goatenstein

Posted by ghandikush

Meathead wasnt can crushing, he was fighting guys and moving up in competition here and there. We know he's good now but we never knew if he was that good before.

With most fans these days there are only about 5 guys per weight class who aren't cans.

you are giving them too much credit

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #16   7/26/12 8:14:12PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Posted by sparky

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by FastKnockout

I can understand where he's coming from but there are guys who also keep in shape just for the simple reason an opportunity like this pops up. Donald Cerrone and Carlos Condit come to mind.

Condit? Really? He is purposely sitting out 10 months when an opportunity to fight Kampmann or Hendricks was right there for the taking.

Bubs Condit was actually going to fight Diaz again but when he got suspended he opted to waited for GSP and you can't really blame him he manage to squeek by Nick the first time and they were told that the winner would get a shot at GSP.

I don't hold it against anyone for wanting to fight the best when you have earned it

I'm not blaming him for waiting it out, I'd do that too, but Condit is not someone who jumps in on short notice fights or when "an opportunity like this pops up"

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #17   7/26/12 8:16:50PM   

jay98107

MMA Sensei

jay98107 Avatar

Career:2,765-1,542
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:

Posted by Goatenstein

Posted by ghandikush

Meathead wasnt can crushing, he was fighting guys and moving up in competition here and there. We know he's good now but we never knew if he was that good before.

With most fans these days there are only about 5 guys per weight class who aren't cans.

Exactly. 99% of fans, myself included, have no idea what it takes to get to GSP's level. More importantly, 99% of fans have no idea what it takes to get to Dan Hardy's level, or Mitrione for that matter. To twist a Jalen Rose quote directed towards Skip Bayless, "I'd rather spend time crushing cans in the UFC than wonder how I'm going to pull my hamstring on my treadmill, like you keyboard warriors do every day." I say all this as someone who fucking hates Mitrione. He really rubbed me the wrong way on TUF.

Post #18   7/27/12 12:21:58AM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2