Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Resurrection Fighting Alliance targets Las Vegas for next event, signs Sergio Pettis

Print  
Posted By Message

BuffaloDave

Heavyweight Champ

BuffaloDave Avatar

Career:930-528
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Resurrection Fighting Alliance is heading into the UFC's backyard for an event in early October, and it's made another talent acquisition.

The undefeated Sergio Pettis (5-0), who's the brother of UFC lightweight Anthony Pettis, has signed a multi-fight deal with the burgeoning promotion, RFA matchmaker Scott Cutbirth today told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com).

Pettis will fight an opponent to be determined at the event, which takes place in Las Vegas and airs live on Fight Now TV. A date and venue have yet to be confirmed.

Pettis, a bantamweight, trains alongside his brother and a bevy of top-tier talent at Roufusport Academy in Milwaukee. This past month, he earned a first-round submission win in regional competition.

Additional talent featured on the October event includes Tyson Griffin, Gilbert Yvel, Chidi Njokuani, Chris Holdsworth, Bubba Jenkins and Lance Palmer, Cutbirth said.

LINK

Post #1   7/25/12 8:01:45PM   

frizzzlecake

MMA Sensei

frizzzlecake Avatar

Career:506-312
Chips:
Wow RFA has some real talent!

Pettis will end up in the UFC soon, Gilbert Yvel at 205 looks great,Njokuani will end up in the UFC, Bubba Jenkins will also end up in the UFC.

funnnn fights!

Post #2   7/25/12 8:19:25PM   

Budgellism

Randy

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,974-1,693
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
I like this a lot.

I'm not quite sure what their Flyweight division looks like but Pettis is a star in the making.

Post #3   7/25/12 8:43:25PM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,621-1,343
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Nice. Too bad RFA has moved from free Sherdog streams to $9 PPV's, but at least we get to watch him fight live.

Post #4   7/26/12 8:54:23AM