Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Bisping says he's been promised title shot

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:2,005-1,109
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
I want to see Bisping get the shot for the simple fact he will be murdered by Silva.

Post #16   7/22/12 9:27:38PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,626-950
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
I think Bisping is underrate by a lot of people on here. People don't like him and they let that cloud their judgment about him.

Its easy to look back over a guys record and nit pick. But the fact of the matter is he's beaten a lot of tough guys and there was no guarantee at the time that he would win any of those fights.

Since being in the UFC he's only lost to great fighters and other than the KO against Henderson all of his losses have been very close.

I think Weidman has earned the title shot more but I wouldn't mind seeing Bisping get a shot in the near future.

Post #17   7/22/12 9:48:03PM   

BossHog

MMA Regular

BossHog Avatar

Career:52-41
Chips:

Posted by bjj1605

I think Bisping is underrate by a lot of people on here. People don't like him and they let that cloud their judgment about him.

Its easy to look back over a guys record and nit pick. But the fact of the matter is he's beaten a lot of tough guys and there was no guarantee at the time that he would win any of those fights.

Since being in the UFC he's only lost to great fighters and other than the KO against Henderson all of his losses have been very close.

I think Weidman has earned the title shot more but I wouldn't mind seeing Bisping get a shot in the near future.

Sure Bisping has beaten some "tough guys" everyone in the UFC is a tough guy.

Now tell me what top guys Bisping has beaten? What proven top MW has he defeated?

When Bisping gets an impressive win against a guy like Vitor, Chael, Okami, Franklin, Hendo then you can tell me he's underrated.

Until then, sorry my friend, but Bisping is overrated. A close loss to fat Rashad is currently his biggest accomplishment.

Post #18   7/22/12 10:17:00PM   

BossHog

MMA Regular

BossHog Avatar

Career:52-41
Chips:
Sorry to be snappy but considering Bisping a top fighter is offensive to me. I am personally a fan and think he is an exciting fighter, but I would be displeased if he get's a title shot without beating a top fighter his entire career. On that same note I would like to see Weidman also take on a proven vet before he gets his shot. There is no clear contender at MW for me right now.

Post #19   7/22/12 10:19:32PM   

OnyxShadow

Fearless Leader

OnyxShadow Avatar

Career:2,045-985
Camp: World Top Team
Chips:
I'll grant that Bisping is better than a list of the guys he's beaten. However, what can he possibly do against Stann that would be more impressive than what Weidman did to Munoz? Its quite sad how shallow the waters are in the MW division considering the only guy with even a remotely valid claim to being worthy of a title shot has less than ten fights in his career and only two wins over top competition.

Post #20   7/22/12 10:44:04PM   

Dberntson

In Full Mount

Dberntson Avatar

Career:1,133-655
Camp: Burlingtonians Only
Chips:
In my opinion, Bisping is low top ten level fighter - somewhere between 7-10. Stann is a low teens fighter - maybe 11-13. Beating a guy that isn't in the top 5 should not get you a title shot, let alone a fringe top 10. Stann seems like a respectable, nice guy, but he is not a title contender and is a one trick pony with no ground game.

Post #21   7/22/12 10:44:12PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,684-1,420
Chips:
I would like to see bisping get knocked out cold again either by stann or silva. Win win scenario

Post #22   7/22/12 11:07:01PM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
Loss 22–4 Chael Sonnen
Win 22–3 Jason Miller
Win 21–3 Jorge Rivera
Win 20–3 Yoshihiro Akiyama
Win 19–3 Dan Miller Decision
Loss 18–3 Wanderlei Silva
Win 18–2 Denis Kang
Loss 17–2 Dan Henderson
Win 17–1 Chris Leben
Win 16–1 Jason Day
Win 15–1 Charles McCarthy
Loss 14–1 Rashad Evans
Win 14-0 Matt Hamill
Win 13–0 Elvis Sinosic
Win 12–0 Eric Schafer
Win 11–0 Josh Haynes

He's beaten who they put in front of him. Not the best guys, but MW hasn't always been the deepest division.

I'm sure people wouldn't be on him so much, if he ran his mouth less.

Roger Huerta was kind of in the same situation he had won his first 6 UFC fights, but didn't get a title shot. Then faced Florian and Maynard and lost decisions to them and gone.

Post #23   7/22/12 11:10:26PM   

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,835-1,784
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
I wouldnt mind seeing him get the shot or Boetch or Belcher or Weidman for that matter. I just dont see any of them pulling off a win. I want Stann to win just because he is a favorite of mine. Plus I see a Stann KO being a more fun ending than a Bisping decision. Plus nothing is in writing so really who cares.

Post #24   7/23/12 12:05:41AM   

tcunningham

Combat Sport and Fitness

tcunningham Avatar

Career:540-380
Chips:
i say he gets the title shot if he beats stann in a big way. the only catch is he has to wait in line behind weidman.

Post #25   7/23/12 12:08:05AM   

aussiemma

Soup is not a meal

aussiemma Avatar

Career:778-429
Chips:

Posted by prozacnation1978

I would like to see bisping get knocked out cold again either by stann or silva. Win win scenario

i second this.

Post #26   7/23/12 2:38:09AM   

jlock003

Standup Guy

jlock003 Avatar

Career:558-406
Camp: MAYHEM MONKEYS!!!!!!
Chips:

Posted by BossHog

Posted by bjj1605

Sure Bisping has beaten some "tough guys" everyone in the UFC is a tough guy.

Now tell me what top guys Bisping has beaten? What proven top MW has he defeated?

When Bisping gets an impressive win against a guy like Vitor, Chael, Okami, Franklin, Hendo then you can tell me he's underrated.

Until then, sorry my friend, but Bisping is overrated. A close loss to fat Rashad is currently his biggest accomplishment.

Completely valid point, but every single guy you listed has already been dominated by Silva so do you give one of them a second (or third) shot against Silva before Bisping? I'm on the Weidman train after the win over Munoz, but I think the points been pretty well made that their isn't a clear #1 contender mainly due to the fact that Weidman hasn't had a great deal of fights, but that definitely didn't keep Lesnar from getting his shot when there were no clear #1 contenders in the HW division. If Bisping can get by Stann either let him wait for the Silva/Weidman winner, or let him fight Weidman. Boetsch is out for a while anyway with the broken foot so he's really a non-factor at this point in time.

Post #27   7/23/12 2:38:00PM   

glooodiaz90

Learning to Sprawl

Career:-
Chips:
lolol "to be honest, if i can beat brian stann i got a title shot" 3:20

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySMoLebBQnE&feature=plcp

Post #28   7/24/12 3:20:21PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2