Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Matt Riddle vs. U.K

Print  
Posted By Message

FastKnockout

$ Impin' Ain't Easy $

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,709-955
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
For all of you who live in the U.K and don't already dislike Riddle, you might now!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=6dxZzoiWLUM

(Sorry for the links, guys. My laptop fried and lately I've been using my PS3 and phone, both of which won't allow me to post the quick links.)

Post #1   7/22/12 1:49:05PM   

shaneTpain

Av Bet Record: 34-46

shaneTpain Avatar

Career:1,398-909
Chips:
In Riddles defense.. A dude SPIT-IN-HIS-MOUTH!!!

Who wouldn't be a little bitter?!

Plus Hardy vs Riddle wouldn't be a bad scrap

Post #2   7/22/12 1:54:38PM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
I thought he called out Hardy b/c of the UK fan incident, but kinda not the reason but also maybe could be.

Riddle can probably out grapple Hardy, but hard to tell what gameplan Riddle is going to use, the smart one or the dumb one.

Post #3   7/22/12 2:01:08PM   

MALICE

MMA Sensei

MALICE Avatar

Career:698-340
Chips:
Aside from the butter-toothed Brit comment, Riddle did not really disrespect British people. He stated he has nothing against British people, but he felt they were disrespectful to him as a professional athlete. British people are infamous for bad teeth much like Americans are infamous for obesity.

Dana White could not have planned it any better; he makes a joking attempt at hyping the fight, Riddle shares a harmless story, and now it is blown out of proportion and the Riddle/Hardy fight has all of the hype it needs.

Post #4   7/22/12 3:02:41PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:1,984-1,177
Chips:
One of the highest forms of disrespect is a dude spitting in your face

Post #5   7/22/12 3:21:51PM   

FastKnockout

$ Impin' Ain't Easy $

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,709-955
Chips:

Posted by MALICE

Aside from the butter-toothed Brit comment, Riddle did not really disrespect British people. He stated he has nothing against British people, but he felt they were disrespectful to him as a professional athlete. British people are infamous for bad teeth much like Americans are infamous for obesity.

Dana White could not have planned it any better; he makes a joking attempt at hyping the fight, Riddle shares a harmless story, and now it is blown out of proportion and the Riddle/Hardy fight has all of the hype it needs.

I wasn't being serious.

Post #6   7/22/12 3:47:16PM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-505
Chips:
I get annoyed by Riddle, because I think he has massive potential, but his ego will prevent him from ever realizing it. He uses terrible gameplans and gives his opponents dozens of free opportunities to win in every fight. He almost lost to a lightweight with a boxing pedigree in his last fight before Clements. He could be a force at 170 if he smartened up.

Post #7   7/22/12 3:50:45PM   

MALICE

MMA Sensei

MALICE Avatar

Career:698-340
Chips:

Posted by FastKnockout

Posted by MALICE

I wasn't being serious.

I know this thread was meant to be a joke. I was chuckling during the post fight press conference when Riddle went off on the disrespectful fan. I have already seen the media putting twists on what was said, so the hype train has started. I look forward to Hardy's reply. I don't doubt they will put this fight together. Hardy is 1/5 in his last five fights; he's not really in a position to pick,deny any fights.

Post #8   7/22/12 4:03:37PM   

Michael_Corleone

Belt Contender

Michael_Corleone Avatar

Career:1,025-548
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
This was the highlight of the press conference for me. I loved that shit, lol.

Riddle vs Hardy - IT! IS! ON!!!

Post #9   7/22/12 11:53:21PM   

BigBadAl

In Full Mount

BigBadAl Avatar

Career:408-321
Chips:

Posted by MALICE

Infamous for bad teeth eh:
Brits have better teef than Mericans proof

Last edited 7/23/12 8:46AM server time by bigbadal
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #10   7/23/12 8:45:14AM   

babalu46

In Full Mount

babalu46 Avatar

Career:1,001-629
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Spitting in someones face is absolutely disgraceful and he should have been allowed to slap the remainder of the spit in his mouth out.

Could be a good match up or an incredibly boring one though.

Post #11   7/23/12 7:58:50PM   

VikingToker

Learning to Sprawl

VikingToker Avatar

Career:13-6
Camp: Grasscity
Chips:
i think dan hardy is really cool and growing up reading british ww2 comics im a big fan of tough, gnarly british dudes

but i really hope riddle beats him, just because of the way he told that spitting story

Post #12   7/26/12 10:11:59AM