Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

what do you think about lombard and mcgee desicions ?

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

aussiemma

Soup is not a meal

aussiemma Avatar

Career:699-385
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
i dont understand how tim boetsch and nick ring won ?
lombard didn't do much i know but he did land the better strikes and he did take boetsch down. Mcgee vs ring decision was a joke ! your thoughts ?

Post #1   7/22/12 9:31:27AM   

BeeR

MMA Sensei

BeeR Avatar

Career:681-411
Chips:
boetch had a game plan.
lombard had a brain fart.

Post #2   7/22/12 10:02:13AM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:2,279-1,225
Chips:
Nick Ring by UD was crazy. I could see a SD, just for the damage he did, but I was shocked that all three judges gave him the fight.

As for the Lombard/Boetsch fight, not sure how Tim won 2 rounds. I could give him the first, but not the 2nd and 3rd. Don't know why Lombard wasn't more aggressive.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #3   7/22/12 10:12:19AM   

aussiemma

Soup is not a meal

aussiemma Avatar

Career:699-385
Chips:

Posted by kopower

Nick Ring by UD was crazy. I could see a SD, just for the damage he did, but I was shocked that all three judges gave him the fight.

As for the Lombard/Boetsch fight, not sure how Tim won 2 rounds. I could give him the first, but not the 2nd and 3rd. Don't know why Lombard wasn't more aggressive.

i just figured lombard was scared of gassing thats why he didnt want to move so much ?

nick ring is really lucky he has been given two fights as wins that he clearly lost i.e riki fukuda and now court mcgee

Post #4   7/22/12 10:33:14AM   

DosBox

MMA Regular

DosBox Avatar

Career:918-541
Chips:
Im trying again to remember the majority of hardcore fans criteria of 'what scores a takedown' just to try and get some consistency about the 'scoring' criteria.

The Lombard takedown in the 3rd round I wouldnt consider to count for much. The point in which Lombard took Boetsch down was 0:27 left in the 3rd round, the point in which Boetsch was on his feet again was 0:22 left in the 3rd round the time in between Lombard didnt throw any GnP (nor did he really have a position to control, him Boetsch was up he kneed Lombard in the gut a few times until the fight was over.

I am completely perplexed as to how this was considered a 'ROBBERY'. You could argue for Lombard, but you could argue for Boetsch considering not too much happened.

Take it for what its worth of course, but here are the fightmetric stats Boetsch/Lombard stats

The sheer volume of Boetsch strikes in relation to Lombards single strike attack made it a little more cloudy or even subjective to a point of what was scored more. I felt Boetsch won the first round due to nothing really significant happened, while Boetsch was a little more active. Lombard won the second round. The third round IMO would be the round of 'what you score more'.
Boetsch had the more significant strikes... but i've heard the questioning of what is considered a 'significant strike' . Lombard had a takedown, but I question the consideration of the takedown due to Boetsch being able to pop back up within a 5 second period.

I read similar posts (regarding fights in a general sense) that have the sentiment of "oh fighter X didnt do anything with the takedown, it shouldnt be scored significantly" Likewise, I've read multiple posts (regarding fights in a general sense) of "oh, fighter X handed more, but fighter Y landed the harder strikes.. that should count more for fighter Y". You can see the subjectivity of the aforementioned arguments

Now I think one portion of the fight that gets overlooked is the clinch.
When clinched up, Lombard stuck Boetsch on the fence.... Boetsch outlanded him with knees to the body even though Hector had 'control' what do people score more? The control, or the landing shots in that regard? (I've heard cases for both).

Simply put, this fight shouldnt have the word 'robbery' thrown around as loosely as it is.

EDIT ---- As for the Ring/McGee fight.

I bet a good amount of actual money on Ring winning. I thought there was on outside chance that he could cash in on a 29-28 decision, but felt that McGee 'should have' won. I am happy with the decision from a monetary standpoint though : D but not necessarily from an 'absolute pure sport' standpoint.

Last edited 7/22/12 10:43AM server time by dosbox
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #5   7/22/12 10:37:50AM   

MALICE

MMA Sensei

MALICE Avatar

Career:698-340
Chips:
Since Ring entered the Ultimate Fighter house, I feel he has been awarded several decisions he did not deserve. He always looks spent after the second round. Tonight is another perfect example.

I think Lombard should have won the decision 29-28, but this fight is another perfect example of a fighter trying to coast to a win. Lombard chose to fight this fight by strictly counter punching. Lombard stood on a swivel while Boetcsh danced around him. Although I do not agree with the decision, Lombard's lack of engagement was justly rewarded with a loss.

Post #6   7/22/12 10:44:02AM   

JLS1980

Heavyweight Champ

JLS1980 Avatar

Career:1,295-688
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by kopower

I knew going in that the Ring/Magee fight was gonna be super close so I took Ring SD. At the end of the fight I was like damn I think Magee might have won that one. And the Boetsch/Lombard fight was probably more boring than Kongo/Jordan. Lombard really didn't show any since of urgency and with all the hype of Lombard entering the UFC he really didn't live up to it at all.

Post #7   7/22/12 11:03:16AM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
Not good judging all night.

Post #8   7/22/12 11:11:59AM   

FastKnockout

TRICK 'R TREAT

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,803-1,002
Chips:
I thought McGee won the fight. Ring did damage Court's nose pretty good but it was always only 1-2 shots while Court on the other hand was chasing Nick and did his best to try and finish the fight.

1st - Ring

2nd - McGee

3rd - McGee

Post #9   7/22/12 12:30:10PM   

tcunningham

Combat Sport and Fitness

tcunningham Avatar

Career:508-351
Chips:
i didnt see the lombard fight but the ring/mcgee fight was an outrage. i think ring won the 2nd by a very very close margin, but i think mcgee cemented his win in the 3rd. he kind of screwed up by ending on bottom but a good judge would have overlooked that by the beating he gave ring for the majority of the round. i was pissed to see he lost by UD

Post #10   7/22/12 1:32:53PM   

sparky

AV BET Record: 41-9

sparky Avatar

Career:2,803-1,537
Camp: Team Fry Guy
Chips:
Lombard clearly won that fight I could believe my ears when they said split and then they said Boetsch I was like

Post #11   7/22/12 1:35:41PM   

FlashyG

Heavyweight Champ

FlashyG Avatar

Career:2,292-1,292
Chips:
Fightmetric stats for both fights.

Boetsch v Lombard

Ring vs McGee

After watching the fights and looking at the stats after the fact I'm not sure what the controversy is in the Lombard fight. He just got outworked. I wouldn't have complained if it was scored 30-27 for Boetsch, although I had it 29-28 for him.

The other fight was a bit more controversial, it all came down to the 2nd round.
The first was clearly Rings, the third even more emphatic for McGee. I think the amount of shots McGee missed with ultimately hurt him in the judges eyes.

In round by round scoring I think Ring won the fight, but if you were judging the fight on the whole, I think it was McGee's thanks to his dominant 3rd round.

All things considered I don't feel this event was poorly judged.

Post #12   7/22/12 1:44:26PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,478-1,317
Chips:
I had mcgee and lombard both winning 29-28 at least

Post #13   7/22/12 1:57:30PM   

shaneTpain

Av Bet Record: 36-48

shaneTpain Avatar

Career:1,481-954
Chips:
Ring won the first & second rounds. Avoiding everything Court threw at him & crunching Courts nose with hard straight lefts the full ten minutes. Court won the 3rd & only barely with his pitter-patter flurries. Easy as that for your simple asses.

Post #14   7/22/12 2:03:01PM   

FastKnockout

TRICK 'R TREAT

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,803-1,002
Chips:

Posted by shaneTpain

Ring won the first & second rounds. Avoiding everything Court threw at him & crunching Courts nose with hard straight lefts the full ten minutes. Court won the 3rd & only barely with his pitter-patter flurries. Easy as that for your simple asses.

Court barely won the 3rd? The whole round was Court with Ring trying his best to get away.

EDIT: And to think we share similar avatars!

Last edited 7/22/12 2:25PM server time by FastKnockout
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #15   7/22/12 2:24:37PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2