Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Jimi Manuwa Vs. Kyle Kingsbury Completes UFC On FUEL TV 5 Card

Print  
Posted By Message

sparky

AV BET Record: 40-9

sparky Avatar

Career:2,736-1,506
Camp: Team Fry Guy
Chips:
The UFC announced the signing of British knockout artist, Jimi Manuwa, several weeks ago and indicated that "The Posterboy" would be competing on the September 29th Fuel TV card in Nottingham, England, and now it appears that he has an opponent set, as MMANytt.se reports that he'll face Kyle Kingsbury:

Kyle Kingsbury has booked a trip to Nottingham, England on 29 September to meet Jimi Manuwa on UFC on Fuel TV: Struve vs. Miocic, informs a source close to the situation to MMAnytt.se.

British fans have been clamoring to see Manuwa in the Octagon for some time now, as the Nigerian-born fighter has compiled a stellar and violent 11-0 record, with all of those wins coming via stoppage in either the first or second round. After returning from a long injury layoff last year, Manuwa was offered a UFC contract, but instead opted to take one more warm-up fight in BAMMA (where he forced Antony Rea to quit on the stool after one round), declaring that he wanted to make sure he was truly ready for UFC competition before signing a deal with the promotion. Now that time has come and he'll get the chance to make his debut in front of his fellow Brits on September 29th.

Link

Post #1   7/20/12 9:45:28PM   

DrivenDavies15

MMA Sensei

DrivenDavies15 Avatar

Career:1,394-794
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Sweet, a lot of good fights on this card. Kingsbu is in a bit of a slump but hopefully he looks a little better here

Post #2   7/21/12 3:43:32AM   

hashyandy4

Super MW King S.O.G.

hashyandy4 Avatar

Career:614-326
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Nice 1st fight for Jimi, Kyle better watch out!!

Post #3   7/21/12 5:07:56AM   

meier

Standup Guy

meier Avatar

Career:453-438
Chips:
Im calling it...manuwa takes it via running liger bomb!

Last edited 7/21/12 6:40PM server time by meier
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #4   7/21/12 12:08:27PM   

PABLOMAFIOSO

In Full Mount

PABLOMAFIOSO Avatar

Career:979-657
Chips:
I think Jimi is going to get exposed. He didn't sign for the UFC (earlier) because he knows he's never fought anyone close to that level. The majority of wins on his record are against debutants, journymen and fighters with poor records. Not trying to fighter bash but the fact is he is not on the same level as Kingsbury IMO and I predict he will lose his 0.

Post #5   7/21/12 5:37:09PM