Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Anderson Silva's camp wants Luke Rockhold next, not Hector Lombard or Chris Weidman

Print  
  Page 2 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

OnyxShadow

Fearless Leader

OnyxShadow Avatar

Career:1,869-914
Camp: World Top Team
Chips:
I'll bet he wants to fight Rockhold. He matches up perfectly to beat him easily and probably make an exciting few minutes while it lasts. Then he can fight Bisping. Then Cody McKenzie.

Whatever happened to being annoyed by being fed opponents that don't challenge him? Isn't that what spawned the abomination known as Dancing Andy?

Last edited 7/18/12 7:08PM server time by OnyxShadow
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #16   7/18/12 7:07:31PM   

infestructure

NOW KITH

infestructure Avatar

Career:730-442
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by OnyxShadow

I'll bet he wants to fight Rockhold. He matches up perfectly to beat him easily and probably make an exciting few minutes while it lasts. Then he can fight Bisping. Then Cody McKenzie.

Whatever happened to being annoyed by being fed opponents that don't challenge him? Isn't that what spawned the abomination known as Dancing Andy?

Silva VS Mckenzie UFC 170

Post #17   7/18/12 8:04:21PM   

lll-lll

Standup Guy

lll-lll Avatar

Career:885-523
Camp: The UFC Nutriders
Chips:
If he wants big names he can easily fight Bones Jones.

Post #18   7/18/12 8:57:51PM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Career:534-389
Chips:
We have solved part of our equation.

Lombard doesn't want Silva+Silva doesn't want Lombard=No Lombard-Silva

Now, Rockhold accepted Silva's challenge today. Weidman wants Silva, but Silva doesn't want Weidman.

Sounds to me like we have a fight. Silva-Rockhold, but Weidman can cash in his Money In The Bank contract immediately after the fight....if he wants.

Post #19   7/18/12 9:06:27PM   

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Career:1,277-785
Chips:
C'mon Anderson, at the family BBQ you said you were through running away from the tough fighters.

I'm surprised Anderson didn't call out Andrew Craig

Hey Ed SoreASS, make it happen!

Last edited 7/18/12 9:23PM server time by chael_sonnen

Post #20   7/18/12 9:22:49PM   

tmas

Belt Contender

tmas Avatar

Career:1,071-844
Chips:
you people are clueless

all champs and most fighgters have a say in who they fight they ask who you wanna fight and why.

jones doesnt wanna fight silva he said that already, gsp said the same stop acting like those re andersons fault there not.

anderson gets a big portion of PPV buys its only fair and right he has a say in who he fights so he can earn good money. i actually like Rockhold v SIlva, Silva is my favorite fighter and Rockhold is one of my favorites.

5 years from now everyone will be tuning in for Rockhold v Weidman 3 the two best MW battle it out for the third time after splitting wins against each other. They will be the two berst mark deem words son.

imo
Bisping
Rockhold
Weidman
Lombard/Tim b winner

thats the order for me on challangers dont go saying bisping coming off a loss....yeah he is but he was robbed and is the next best MW. He should get a fight and then geat KO by SIlva.

Post #21   7/19/12 1:45:40AM   

Lucas

MMA Regular

Lucas Avatar

Career:1,409-826
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
I honestly find if diificult to believe after all he has done in the UFC and the number of times he has defended his belt that Silva really is ducking a fight with Weidman. Weidman is a great prospect but i very much doubt Silva has seen anything in Weidman he hasn't faced before at this stage in Weidmans career IMO.

The amount of times i hear a comment about Silva ducking an opponent never fails to make me laugh

Post #22   7/19/12 5:46:11AM   

mattjonesy

Standup Guy

mattjonesy Avatar

Career:2,112-1,324
Chips:
Come on guys, Weidman is a beast but Silva aint ducking Know one!

Post #23   7/19/12 6:55:50AM   

Shawn91111

The MMAPlayground's Co-Creator

Shawn91111 Avatar

Career:2,646-1,392
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by tmas

you people are clueless

all champs and most fighgters have a say in who they fight they ask who you wanna fight and why.

jones doesnt wanna fight silva he said that already, gsp said the same stop acting like those re andersons fault there not.

anderson gets a big portion of PPV buys its only fair and right he has a say in who he fights so he can earn good money. i actually like Rockhold v SIlva, Silva is my favorite fighter and Rockhold is one of my favorites.

5 years from now everyone will be tuning in for Rockhold v Weidman 3 the two best MW battle it out for the third time after splitting wins against each other. They will be the two berst mark deem words son.

imo
Bisping
Rockhold
Weidman
Lombard/Tim b winner

thats the order for me on challangers dont go saying bisping coming off a loss....yeah he is but he was robbed and is the next best MW. He should get a fight and then geat KO by SIlva.

Really? So if Silva came calling out Jones at every opportunity, Jones would turn it down? Silva has said he didnt want to fight Jones because he considers him a friend. So yup part of it is Silva

He does get a portion of the ppv but how much more is Rockhold vs. Silva going to sell over Weidman vs Silva...not much if any. The lack of promotion of any Strikeforce event or fighter is laughable

Also Bisping has beat shit, who is his best win? Akiyama? Weidman's last 2 wins were against fighters in the top 10

Last edited 7/19/12 8:27AM server time by shawn91111

Post #24   7/19/12 8:25:56AM   

State_Champ

MMA Sensei

State_Champ Avatar

Career:1,447-862
Camp: The Evil Empire
Chips:

Posted by FastKnockout

I can understand what they're saying about Lomard being a mainstream unknown but Rockhold is in the same situation since mainstream fans don't bother with anything other then the UFC. Weidman is the best opponent record wise. If Siva's camp is lookiing for money fights the only options are Bisping or Jon Jones.

Or Rashad.

I'll not let my dream of an Anderson/Rashad fight die.

Post #25   7/19/12 10:09:20AM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:1,220-793
Camp: The Original Gangsters
Chips:

Posted by tmas

you people are clueless

imo
Bisping
Rockhold
Weidman
Lombard/Tim b winner

thats the order for me on challangers dont go saying.hebisping coming off a loss....yeah he is but he was robbed and is the next best MW. He should get a fight and then geat KO by SIlva.

Dude the guy already makes good money. Any card he's on its going to sell

Post #26   7/19/12 10:34:36AM   

kingsmasher

BANNED

Career:258-155
Chips:
Its way obvious to me Silva has no interest in Weidman...He knows he will be in big trouble...

Silvas worse nightmare is a guy to get him down like Weidman will do and have a guy like Weidman looking for a submission...

Mark my words here....Weidman will own the division for a long time as long as Jon Jones...

Munoz trained with Silva for awhile...Im sure Silva and company got tooled in wrestling by Munoz...When they saw Munoz get destroyed by Weidman....And he did get destroyed....The Silva camp wants no part of Weidman...Fighters these days with superior wrestling and BJJ are very hard to beat...If Chael could sub someone he coulda beat Silva in the first fight...

Weidman is the new breed guy...You naysayers will see...

Post #27   7/19/12 1:44:52PM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Chips:

Posted by kingsmasher

Its way obvious to me Silva has no interest in Weidman...He knows he will be in big trouble...

Silvas worse nightmare is a guy to get him down like Weidman will do and have a guy like Weidman looking for a submission...

Mark my words here....Weidman will own the division for a long time as long as Jon Jones...

Munoz trained with Silva for awhile...Im sure Silva and company got tooled in wrestling by Munoz...When they saw Munoz get destroyed by Weidman....And he did get destroyed....The Silva camp wants no part of Weidman...Fighters these days with superior wrestling and BJJ are very hard to beat...If Chael could sub someone he coulda beat Silva in the first fight...

Who is naysaying? I'm pretty sure most people had their eyes opened by Weidman after that Munoz fight, if they weren't already paying attention.

Post #28   7/19/12 1:52:17PM   

ghandikush

MMA Sensei

ghandikush Avatar

Career:118-71
Chips:

Posted by kingsmasher

Everyones been naysaying. I dont know if Weidman can Matt Hughes a division but he certainly has a template to beat every siongle current competitor in the division.

Post #29   7/19/12 3:31:07PM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Chips:

Posted by ghandikush

Posted by kingsmasher

Everyones been naysaying. I dont know if Weidman can Matt Hughes a division but he certainly has a template to beat every siongle current competitor in the division.

Who is everyone? You keep using these generalizations. Most anyone with a brain realizes Weidman is good. Whether or not they think he should get a title shot now is irrelevant. They're not saying he sucks. This guy is completely legit, but some people just might not think he deserves a shot yet. It happens, man. Especially in divisions that are much thinner because of long-reigning champs.

Post #30   7/19/12 3:35:42PM   

Page 2 of 3     1     2     3