Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Vitor Belfort vs Chris Weidman? 'The Phenom' gunning for an 'All American' showdown

Print  
  Page 3 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

sparky

AV BET Record: 39-9

sparky Avatar

Career:2,690-1,482
Camp: Team Fry Guy
Chips:

Posted by prophecy033

If Vitor loses, imo it won't be by sub. We forget that he's a Gracie Blackbelt because his standup oasis good. Not saying it won't happen but I feel its unlikely

I hear ya brother if Weidman did manage to tap Belfort I would put my money on the guillotine. His Guillotine is fierce and Belfort has fell victim to it before, but it wouldnt surprise me at all if Belfort doesnt get tapped

Post #31   7/17/12 8:24:53PM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:2,225-1,198
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by pmoney

I like this match for Weidman as well. He has beaten everyone he has faced rather effortlessly, in my opinion. The only reason I would like Weidman to take this fight first is because he is so young. His case for a title shot is already strong, but I don't think fighting Anderson Silva for your tenth fight is a good move.

Give him Vitor or Belcher. If he passes either test, he would have to be fighting for the title next year.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #32   7/17/12 8:41:50PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:1,960-1,164
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by frizzzlecake

Prophecy033- I wasn't talking about this forum moreless I have seen on other forums, that a lot of people think Weidman isn't ready.

oh, gotcha

Post #33   7/17/12 9:05:49PM   

TeamDEY

Belt Contender

TeamDEY Avatar

Career:152-124
Chips:
Vitor has a pretty solid ground game, I don't think he'd get F'ed up. Vitor takes this one.

Post #34   7/17/12 9:42:32PM   

kingsmasher

BANNED

Career:258-155
Chips:
Weidman I said it before Weidman will own the division just like Jon Jones does...great wrestling with BJJ is the key to owning a division...Also Weidman has pretty good reach advantage to give him a greater edge and he can take a shot...

Weidman will walk through SIlva and Belfort...Their styles are washed up...Silva has had the advantage of a division that hasnt had anyone well rounded..Sonnen can wrestle but kinda suxs on top...Never goes for a sub...Munoz could prolly beat Silva cause he actually does do GNP...

Weidman is a rare fighter like Bones...The division is done...

Post #35   7/18/12 1:43:24PM   

BuffaloDave

Heavyweight Champ

BuffaloDave Avatar

Career:871-496
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by kingsmasher

Weidman I said it before Weidman will own the division just like Jon Jones does...great wrestling with BJJ is the key to owning a division...Also Weidman has pretty good reach advantage to give him a greater edge and he can take a shot...

Weidman will walk through SIlva and Belfort...Their styles are washed up...Silva has had the advantage of a division that hasnt had anyone well rounded..Sonnen can wrestle but kinda suxs on top...Never goes for a sub...Munoz could prolly beat Silva cause he actually does do GNP...

What teh heck are you talking about with Sonnen on top, You don't remember him subbing Stann last Oct.??

Post #36   7/18/12 3:44:32PM   

lll-lll

Standup Guy

lll-lll Avatar

Career:885-523
Camp: The UFC Nutriders
Chips:
I wouldnt do this match up at all. Let Belfort fight Lombard. Although IMO he is a mental midget, Belfort is a bad style match up for Weidman. Belfort is a relic that will never be worth watching vs Anderson again. He god completely out classed last time. Not saying he would for sure win, btu I wouldnt take the risk.

Post #37   7/18/12 4:48:44PM   

babalu46

In Full Mount

babalu46 Avatar

Career:986-613
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by BuffaloDave

Posted by kingsmasher

What teh heck are you talking about with Sonnen on top, You don't remember him subbing Stann last Oct.??

Great point BuffaloDave i've seen kingsmasher promoting Weidman in the build up to last weeks fight and I have to admit you make some very good points such as great wrestling and BJJ is key but I think you may be getting a little carried away with yourself here. He has an incredible base to work with and there is no doubting his potential but i'm not as sold on him as you are obviously he could prove me wrong but I don't believe the division is done.

Calling Silvas style washed up when he is undefeated with a legit finish in 7 and a half years is just mind blowing personally.

Post #38   7/18/12 6:26:54PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,496-876
Chips:

Posted by prophecy033

If Vitor loses, imo it won't be by sub. We forget that he's a Gracie Blackbelt because his standup is so good. Not saying it won't happen but I feel its unlikely

There are plenty of people who doubt whether Vitor is a "true blackbelt."

Personally I've never seen really high quality grappling from him.

Post #39   7/18/12 6:31:05PM   

Page 3 of 3     1     2     3